Drug interactions between amoxicillin and Tegretol
Interactions between your drugs
- Amoxicillin is in the drug class aminopenicillins.
- Amoxicillin is used to treat the following conditions:
- Anthrax Prophylaxis
- Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention
- Bacterial Infection
- Bladder Infection
- Chlamydia Infection
- Cutaneous Bacillus anthracis
- Dental Abscess
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Lyme Disease, Arthritis
- Lyme Disease, Carditis
- Lyme Disease, Erythema Chronicum Migrans
- Lyme Disease, Neurologic
- Otitis Media
- Skin or Soft Tissue Infection
- Spleen Removal
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Tegretol is a member of the drug class dibenzazepine anticonvulsants.
- Tegretol is used to treat the following conditions:
Drug and food interactions
Applies to: Tegretol (carbamazepine)
You should preferably avoid the regular consumption of grapefruits and grapefruit juice while taking carBAMazepine. This can cause carBAMazepine levels to increase. You should report signs of carBAMazepine side effects such as nausea, visual disturbances, dizziness, or muscle weakness to your doctor. You should avoid or limit the use of alcohol while being treated with carBAMazepine. Alcohol can increase the nervous system side effects of carBAMazepine such as dizziness, drowsiness, and difficulty concentrating. Some people may also experience impairment in thinking and judgment. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions or concerns.
Therapeutic duplication warnings
No therapeutic duplications were found for your selected drugs.
Drug Interaction Classification
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.