Generic name: HEPATITIS A VIRUS STRAIN CR 326F ANTIGEN (FORMALDEHYDE INACTIVATED) 25[iU] in 0.5mL
Dosage form: injection, suspension
Medically reviewed on June 23, 2017.
Dosage and Schedule
Children/Adolescents (12 months through 18 years of age): Vaccination consists of a primary 0.5-mL dose administered intramuscularly, and a 0.5-mL booster dose administered intramuscularly 6 to 18 months later.
Adults (≥19 years of age): Vaccination consists of a primary 1.0-mL dose administered intramuscularly, and a 1.0-mL booster dose administered intramuscularly 6 to 18 months later.
Interchangeability of the Booster Dose: A booster dose of VAQTA may be given at 6 to 12 months following the primary dose of another inactivated hepatitis A vaccine (i.e., HAVRIX1) [see Clinical Studies (14.6)].
Registered trademark of GlaxoSmithKline
Method of Administration
For intramuscular use only.
- Shake well to obtain a slightly opaque, white suspension before withdrawal and use.
- Thoroughly agitate to maintain suspension of the vaccine.
- Discard if the suspension does not appear homogenous or if extraneous particulate matter remains or discoloration is observed.
For adults, adolescents, and children older than 2 years of age, the deltoid muscle is the preferred site for intramuscular injection. For children 12 through 23 months of age, the anterolateral area of the thigh is the preferred site for intramuscular injection.
Single-Dose Vial Use
- Withdraw dose of vaccine from the single-dose vial using a sterile needle and syringe.
Prefilled Syringe Use
The following are instructions for using the prefilled single-dose syringes:
- Shake well before use.
- Attach the needle by twisting in a clockwise direction until the needle fits securely on the syringe.
- Administer the entire dose as per standard protocol as stated above under DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION.
- Dispose of the syringe and needle in approved sharps container.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Vaqta (hepatitis a adult vaccine)
- Vaqta Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 0 Reviews
- Drug class: viral vaccines
Other brands: Havrix