Generic name: ELAGOLIX SODIUM 300mg, NORETHINDRONE 0.5mg, ESTRADIOL 1mg; ELAGOLIX SODIUM 300mg
Dosage form: capsules
Drug class: Sex hormone combinations
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 7, 2021.
2.1 Important Dosing Information
- Exclude pregnancy before starting ORIAHNN or start ORIAHNN within 7 days from the onset of menses [see Use in Specific Populations (8.1) and (8.3)].
- The recommended dosage of ORIAHNN is:
○ One elagolix 300 mg, estradiol 1 mg, and norethindrone acetate 0.5 mg capsule in the morning (AM), and
○ One elagolix 300 mg capsule in the evening (PM).
- Take the morning and evening capsules at approximately the same time each day, with or without food.
- The recommended duration of treatment with ORIAHNN is 24 months [see Warnings and Precautions (5.2)].
2.2 Missed Dose
Instruct the patient to take the missed dose of ORIAHNN within 4 hours of the time that it was supposed to be taken and then the next dose at the usual time. If more than 4 hours have passed since a capsule is usually taken, instruct the patient not to take the missed dose and take the next dose at the usual time. Take only one morning capsule and one evening capsule per day.
More about Oriahnn (elagolix / estradiol / norethindrone)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy
- Drug images
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: sex hormone combinations
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.