Generic name: Follitropin 75[iU] in 1mL, Luteinizing Hormone 75[iU] in 1mL;
Dosage form: injection
Medically reviewed on April 21, 2017.
General Dosing Information
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
- Administer MENOPUR subcutaneously in the abdomen as described in Instructions for Use.
- MENOPUR may be administered together with BRAVELLE® (urofollitropin for injection, purified).
Recommended Dosing for Assisted Reproductive Technology
The recommended dosing scheme for patients undergoing IVF follows a stepwise approach and is individualized for each woman. The recommended initial dose of MENOPUR for women who have received a GnRH agonist for pituitary suppression is 225 International Units. MENOPUR may be administered together with BRAVELLE and the total initial dose when the products are combined should not exceed 225 International Units (150 International Units of MENOPUR and 75 International Units of BRAVELLE or 75 International Units of MENOPUR and 150 International Units of BRAVELLE).
- Beginning on cycle day 2 or 3, a starting dose of 225 International Units of MENOPUR is administered subcutaneously daily. Adjust the dose after 5 days based on the woman's ovarian response, as determined by ultrasound evaluation of follicular growth and serum estradiol levels.
- Do not make additional dosage adjustments more frequently than every 2 days or by more than 150 International Units at each adjustment.
- Continue treatment until adequate follicular development is evident, and then administer hCG.
Withhold the administration of hCG in cases where the ovarian monitoring suggests an increased risk of OHSS on the last day of MENOPUR therapy [see Warnings and Precautions (5.1, 5.2, 5.10)].
- Do not administer daily doses of MENOPUR or MENOPUR in combination with BRAVELLE that exceed 450 International Units.
- Therapy should not exceed 20 days.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Menopur (menotropins)
- Menopur Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 1 Review
- Drug class: gonadotropins