Generic name: etravirine 100mg
Dosage form: tablet
Medically reviewed on July 25, 2018.
The recommended oral dose of INTELENCE tablets is 200 mg (one 200 mg tablet or two 100 mg tablets) taken twice daily following a meal [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)]. The type of food does not affect the exposure to etravirine.
Pediatric Patients (2 Years to Less Than 18 Years of Age)
The recommended dose of INTELENCE for pediatric patients 2 years to less than 18 years of age and weighing at least 10 kg is based on body weight (see Table 1 below) not exceeding the recommended adult dose. INTELENCE tablet(s) should be taken orally, following a meal [see Clinical Pharmacology (12.3)]. The type of food does not affect the exposure to etravirine.
|greater than or equal to 10 kg to less than 20 kg||100 mg twice daily|
|greater than or equal to 20 kg to less than 25 kg||125 mg twice daily|
|greater than or equal to 25 kg to less than 30 kg||150 mg twice daily|
|greater than or equal to 30 kg||200 mg twice daily|
Method of Administration
Patients should be instructed to swallow the INTELENCE tablet(s) whole with a liquid such as water. Patients who are unable to swallow the INTELENCE tablet(s) whole may disperse the tablet(s) in a glass of water. The patient should be instructed to do the following:
- place the tablet(s) in 5 mL (1 teaspoon) of water, or at least enough liquid to cover the medication,
- stir well until the water looks milky,
- add approximately 15 mL (1 tablespoon) of liquid. Water may be used but other liquids, such as orange juice or milk, may improve taste. Patients should not place the tablets in orange juice or milk without first adding water. The use of warm (temperature greater than 104°F [greater than 40°C]) or carbonated beverages should be avoided.
- drink the mixture immediately,
- rinse the glass several times with orange juice, milk or water and completely swallow the rinse each time to make sure the patient takes the entire dose.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
More about Intelence (etravirine)
- Intelence Side Effects
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 2 Reviews
- Drug class: NNRTIs