Gardasil 9 Dosage
Generic name: Human Papillomavirus Type 6 L1 Capsid Protein Antigen 30ug in 0.5mL, Human Papillomavirus Type 11 L1 Capsid Protein Antigen 40ug in 0.5mL, Human Papillomavirus Type 16 L1 Capsid Protein Antigen 60ug in 0.5mL, Human Papillomavirus Type 18 L1 Capsid Protein Antigen 40ug in 0.5mL, Human Papillomavirus Type 31 L1 Capsid Protein Antigen 20ug in 0.5mL, Human Papillomavirus Type 33 L1 Capsid Protein Antigen 20ug in 0.5mL, Human Papillomavirus Type 45 L1 Capsid Protein Antigen 20ug in 0.5mL, Human Papillomavirus Type 52 L1 Capsid Protein Antigen 20ug in 0.5mL, Human Papillomavirus Type 58 L1 Capsid Protein Antigen 20ug in 0.5mL
Dosage form: suspension for intramuscular injection
Drug class: Viral vaccines
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 13, 2023.
For intramuscular use only
Each dose of GARDASIL 9 is 0.5-mL.
Administer GARDASIL 9 as follows:
|9 through 14 years||2-dose||0, 6 to 12 months*|
|3-dose||0, 2, 6 months|
|15 through 45 years||3-dose||0, 2, 6 months|
Method of Administration
- Do not dilute or mix GARDASIL 9 with other vaccines.
- Shake well immediately before use to maintain suspension of the vaccine.
- Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit. Do not use the product if particulates are present or if it appears discolored. After thorough agitation, GARDASIL 9 is a white cloudy liquid.
- Administer intramuscularly in the deltoid or anterolateral area of the thigh.
- Observe patients for 15 minutes after administration [see Warnings and Precautions (5)].
Single-Dose Vial Use
Withdraw the 0.5-mL dose of vaccine from the single-dose vial using a sterile needle and syringe and use promptly. Discard vial after use.
Administration of GARDASIL 9 in Individuals Who Have Been Previously Vaccinated with GARDASIL®
Safety and immunogenicity were assessed in individuals who completed a three-dose vaccination series with GARDASIL 9 and had previously completed a three-dose vaccination series with GARDASIL [see Adverse Reactions (6.1) and Clinical Studies (14.6)]. Studies using a mixed regimen of HPV vaccines to assess interchangeability were not performed for GARDASIL 9.
More about Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Reviews (38)
- Side effects
- Dosage information
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: viral vaccines
- En español
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.