User Reviews for Gardasil 9 to treat Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis

Gardasil 9 has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 26 ratings for the treatment of Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis. 42% of those users who reviewed Gardasil 9 reported a positive effect, while 46% reported a negative effect.

Gardasil 9 Rating Summary

5.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis.

35% 9
0% 0
8% 2
0% 0
8% 2
35% 9

Reviews for Gardasil 9

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2021

“My daughter had the 1st Gardasil 9 injection 6 years ago at the age of 13. Within 6 months developed ulcerative colitis which is an auto immune disease. Never had an problems before the vaccine. I do not recommend this vaccine, my daughter has been through a nightmare the last 6 years with this disease.”

Frack January 11, 2021

“I had no bad effects, this in hindsight was probably one of the smartest decisions I made, got the vaccine at age 28, and I’m 33 now, male. I’ve been having sex with a woman who told me after 3 weeks that she has a bad strain of HPV, so I was relieved to know I’m probably immune to it. That being said, I’m not sure if I have had bad effects since I do have some minor health issues since then. If I read the bad reviews I probably wouldn’t have got the vaccine since I think, as a man, getting warts is better than being in complete agony like some of the reviews describe. Pro choice, do your research and decide, it was a lucky & good decision for me, so far....”

Helen · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

“My daughter received the first dose, at two weeks after, began problems in her eyes. Her eyes began to burn a lot, she cried from burning. Now she had to constantly use drops to relieve her discomfort. It is a great risk to expose our children for this. ”

dubdub July 31, 2019

“I received the second shot yesterday and it was VERY painful. My arm is still sore today. I'm dreading the 3rd shot. It is the most painful vaccine I have ever received and I'm 43 years old.”

Allie July 29, 2018

“I received the shots of a course over a year when I was 14. I still ended up getting HPV actually one of the strains it’s supposed to prevent. I had a pre cancerous cell frozen off my cervix at 18. I’ve heard nothing but bad things about this. Luckily being young my HPV went away on its on. I’m pro vax but this is one vaccine i will not let my kids get. People do your research and by research I mean look at multiple sources and reviews.”

Sophie May 25, 2018

“I received two doses of gardasil and it was all fine. But the third one gave me dizziness and an infection in the vagina and in the mouth that does not go away. Also I feel that I am fainting all the time. I feel horrible. Not to mention all the GI problems It has been horrible. I really hope that my health gets better after all this pain. I received the third shot two weeks ago.”

Anonymous January 4, 2018

“My Daughter got 2 of the 3. She now has hashimoto's. Not saying it was the shots. I am saying she was perfectly healthy before the shots as far as a preteen can be. She is the kindest, most caring child I know. She did get a headache, felt dizzy, and slept after receiving the first shot. She did not tell me and no one informed me until later of this. She never had a weight problem either until after the second shot. She still has not started her Period. Yet she has grown breast and is 5'5" tall and still growing. In the last 9 months she has grown 5 inches! Really?! Who does that?!. She refuses to take medicine and I agree with her decision, even if she is only 13 years old. I believe her body will heal on its own. With proper care.”

squipper November 21, 2017

“I'm 18 years old and just got my first one today along with two other shots which were required for school. Hurt like hell compared to the other two. Maybe less than a minute after I started to feel dizzy, nauseous, vision blurred, had difficulty breathing, threw up... Nearly fainted, had to be brought to a bed via wheelchair. Probably the worst I have ever felt. Hours later, can barely move my arm without feeling pain, even though the other arm (which got two shots) feels fine. I'm not going to say no one should get this - fainting is obviously better than cancer. I personally would not do it again, especially considering I do not plan to have sex later in life.”

Mother 64 August 21, 2017

“My daughter's health deteriorated after the first dose of this vaccine, that was back in 2010. My previously very healthy girl has suffered continuously ever since with severe and chronic pain, fatigue, dizziness, weakness, food intolerances, nausea, hair loss, light and noise sensitivity, bleeds and bruises very easily, developed a large and painful Ovarian cyst, daily headaches, short term memory loss amongst many more distressing symptoms. She has lost out on her entire secondary school education and is unable to lead a normal life in any way.”

Liz92 February 25, 2017

“My first shot was in junior high I was on the cheer team and very athletic, a few weeks after the first shot I was always dizzy, bright lights made my eyes tear up for no reason, I had horrible headaches that I still have today, I was and still am always tired for no reason. I have auto immune problems ( lupus sle has been suggested ) I have horrible GI problems which I pay out of pocket for every 3 months to see my GI. I have bleeding ulcers that have been treated and tested but don't go away. I constantly have diarrhea, severe upset stomach, I have mild tremors that has been related to my head aches. My youngest son was born with stomach problems now ( hasn't been proven to be related to gardasil ) I'm 24 with all these problems”

Jenna46 · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 21, 2016

“I had the Gardasil when I was 14 I had zero side effects besides a sore arm. I have no complaints, Its done it job!”

Brenda L February 10, 2016

“I don't recommend this shot to anyone!!! Especially, if you plan on having kids in the future. It caused my daughter to become sterile. At the ripe age of 19 years old, she is told she is going through menopause and will never have kids on her own.”

eb24 January 14, 2016

“This shot ruined my life. After recieving this vaccine I began to pass out up to ten times a day. I couldn`t do anything because I would faint without warning. Now I have horrible tremors, GI problems, and daily joint pain. I have heard other people have had these same effects from this vaccine. My doctor was very pushy about getting this vaccine. I would never recommend this vaccine.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2015

“Got the first shot today. Felt nauseous after 15-20 mins and diarrhea. Arm still stings a little bit after a few hours.”

MC_91 · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2015

“I'm 24 and received the shot. Although painful (stinging), I experienced no extreme side effects as mentioned in numerous reviews. It was quick and I plan on returning to receive my second, then third.”

Land123 October 8, 2015

“After my experience with Gardasil, the only thing I hate the most is it stings a lot (compared to other vaccines) for 2 minutes, then boom it's just like I got a flu vaccine and everything is normal, no dizziness, fatigue, or anything. I even hangout with my friends the night after the vaccine injection, I woke up like nothing happened. I don't know if what I saw in the web is true about gardasil being bad, but base on my experience it's all fine.”

JewelstheMom July 14, 2015

“Given to daughter at age 13. Diagnosed with chronic Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura at age 13.5 years. Side effects list bruising, bleeding tendency and red pin picks on skin. Are the several side effects due to a temporary decrease in platelet function, much like aspirin or the trigger of a platelet antibody?”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 31, 2012

“For a boy (19 years old) taking this Vaccination I havent gotten any bad side effects other then my arm being sore from the shot itself, I took my third shot today and I've been reading a lot of bad things about Gardasil. I doubt anything bad will happen being that I've already took the first two. Who knows? Guess Ill just wait and see what happens. As of my experience for now. Nothing but arm soreness and that's it. I hope everything is fine with this last one. Hope all goes well with everyone who decides to take it!”

kimchii February 8, 2012

“Very effective when I got the first shot last year... in just 3 weeks my warts was gone.”

Anonymous January 13, 2012

“I don't know about the efficacy of this vaccine but I had no issues with the shot itself. It stung maybe slightly more than a flu vaccine but not bad. I had no other side effects. I got it in my 20s. My son got the vaccine too and his experience was similar - no issues. It seems to be a well-researched vaccine with a good safety record and HPV is so common these days that I think it's a good idea.”

Anonymous July 17, 2011

“I'm 18 years old and have had all three of these shots. I don't understand why people make this shot to be such a big deal. It barely hurt when I got them. Even if it did, who cares? If the shot is going to help you out in the long run. I never had any bad side effects I recommend it to any woman who likes to be proactive.”

skb1996 March 12, 2011

“Out of all three shots the third shot hurt the most. The first shot felt like a normal shot while the second stinged just a little, but the third shot my arm hurt for about 3 to 4 days. Overall I think that its worth it because it is for the best.”

Anonymous December 17, 2010

“Hopefully I can rate the effectiveness as a 10. I have had my second shot and both my arms really hurt for about 2 minutes but after that the pain was gone and no other side effects. I think this is something that every woman or girl should get. It is really expensive and think a preventative like this should really be covered by healthcare or insurance at least (as mine is not and have paid $170 per/shot).”

Anonymous November 17, 2009

“I had the shot given to my daughter, she fainted (one of the side effects), she had never done this before, it was the scariest experience ever. The next shots went fine.”

Anonymous July 17, 2009

“Got one shot, hair started falling out withing 2 weeks, got second shot- hair continues to fall out. Also have had other severe side effects including weight loss, constipation, numbness. ”