Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Dec 8, 2021.
Generic name: TESAMORELIN ACETATE 2mg in 0.5mL;
Dosage form: injection
Dosage and Administration
- Two formulations and strengths are available for EGRIFTA. This Dosage and Administration information only applies to EGRIFTA 2 mg/vial formulation.
- The dose of EGRIFTA is 1.4 mg, 0.35 mL of the reconstituted solution [see Dosage and Administration (2.2)], injected subcutaneously once daily.
- Inject EGRIFTA into the abdomen. Rotate injection sites to different areas of the abdomen [see Warnings and Precautions (5.5)]. Do not inject into scar tissue, bruises or the navel.
- Instruct patients to read the Instructions for Use enclosed in the EGRIFTA box.
- Use only the diluent provided, Sterile Water for Injection, USP, to reconstitute EGRIFTA.
- Reconstitute the vial of EGRIFTA lyophilized powder with 0.5 mL of diluent (2 mg per 0.5 mL). Mix by rolling the vial gently in your hands for 30 seconds. Do not shake.
- Inspect the reconstituted vial visually for particulate matter and discoloration. Use only if the solution is clear, colorless and without particulate matter.
- Administer 0.35 mL of EGRIFTA immediately following reconstitution and throw away any unused EGRIFTA solution and diluent. If not used immediately, discard the reconstituted EGRIFTA solution. Do not freeze or refrigerate the reconstituted EGRIFTA solution.
More about Egrifta (tesamorelin)
- Side effects
- Drug interactions
- During pregnancy
- Reviews (15)
- Pricing & coupons
- En español
- Drug class: growth hormones
- FDA approval history
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.