Dry Socket Paste Dosage
Generic name: Guaiacol 0.0416g in 1g, Eugenol 0.0416g in 1g
Dosage form: dental paste
Drug class: Mouth and throat products
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Jun 7, 2022.
- Establish a diagnosis of alveolar osteitis; typically characterized as a constant dull or throbbing ache, exacerbated by touch, approximately 2 days post extraction. The socket will have no clot present and will usually be packed with food debris.
- Thoroughly rinse and de-bride the socket.
- Introduce Dry Socket Paste into the socket using a flat-bladed instrument or a disposable syringe.
- Tamp down the Dry Socket Paste, ensuring coverage of all exposed bone.
- Do not cover the Dry Socket Paste.
- Dry Socket Paste will remain in the extraction socket 3 to 5 days and will gradually wash out as the socket heals – there is no need for a separate visit to remove the product.
More about Dry Socket (eugenol / guaiacol topical)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.