Generic name: LAMIVUDINE 150mg, ZIDOVUDINE 300mg
Dosage form: tablet, film coated
Medically reviewed on March 30, 2017.
Recommended Dosage for Adults and Adolescents
The recommended dosage of COMBIVIR in HIV‑1‑infected adults and adolescents weighing greater than or equal to 30 kg is 1 tablet (containing 150 mg of lamivudine and 300 mg of zidovudine) taken orally twice daily.
Recommended Dosage for Pediatric Patients
The recommended dosage of scored COMBIVIR tablets for pediatric patients who weigh greater than or equal to 30 kg and for whom a solid oral dosage form is appropriate is 1 tablet administered orally twice daily.
Before prescribing COMBIVIR tablets, children should be assessed for the ability to swallow tablets. If a child is unable to reliably swallow a COMBIVIR tablet, the liquid oral formulations should be prescribed: EPIVIR® (lamivudine) oral solution and RETROVIR® (zidovudine) syrup.
Not Recommended Due to Lack of Dosage Adjustment
Because COMBIVIR is a fixed‑dose tablet and cannot be dose adjusted, COMBIVIR is not recommended for:
- pediatric patients weighing less than 30 kg [see Use in Specific Populations (8.4)].
- patients with creatinine clearance less than 50 mL per minute [see Use in Specific Populations (8.6)].
- patients with hepatic impairment [see Use in Specific Populations (8.7)].
- patients experiencing dose‑limiting adverse reactions.
Liquid and solid oral formulations of the individual components of COMBIVIR are available for these populations.
More about Combivir (lamivudine / zidovudine)
- Combivir Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Images
- Drug Interactions
- Compare Alternatives
- Support Group
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- 3 Reviews – Add your own review/rating
- Generic Availability
- Drug class: antiviral combinations