Albuminex Injection Dosage
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on June 25, 2020.
Generic name: Albumin Human 0.05g in 1mL
Dosage form: injection
For intravenous administration only.
The concentration of ALBUMINEX 5% used, its dosage, and infusion rate should be adjusted to the patient's individual requirements and clinical indication.
Adults: Initial dose of 25 g.
If hemodynamic stability is not achieved within 15 to 30 minutes, an additional dose may be given.
For acute liver failure: initial dose of 12 to 25 g. An infusion rate of 1-2 mL per minute is usually indicated.
For renal dialysis; the initial dose should not exceed 25 g and patients should be carefully observed for signs of fluid overload.
|Prevention of central volume depletion after paracentesis due to cirrhotic ascites||Adults: 8 g for every 1000 mL of ascitic fluid removed.|
|Hypoalbuminemia including from burns||Adults: 50 to 75 g
For pre- and post-operative hypoproteinemia: 50 to 75 g.
In burns, therapy usually starts with administration of large volumes of crystalloid solution to maintain plasma volume. After 24 hours: initial dose of 25 g and dose adjustment to maintain plasma protein concentration of 2.5 g per 100 mL or a serum protein concentration of 5.2 g per 100 mL.
Third space protein loss due to infection or burns: initial dose of 50 to 100 g. An infusion rate of 1-2 mL per minute is usually indicated in the absence of shock.
Treatment should always be guided by hemodynamic response.
|Acute nephrosis||Adults: 25 g together with diuretic once a day for 7-10 days|
|Adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)||Adults: 25 g over 30 minutes and repeated at 8 hours for 3 days, if necessary.|
|Cardiopulmonary bypass procedures||Adults: Initial dose of 25 g. Additional amounts may be administered as clinically indicated.|
- Visually inspect the solution for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration, whenever solution and container permit.
- Do not use if there are any particulates seen or if the solution is discolored.
- If a large volume is infused, ensure that the vial is at room temperature before infusion.
- Do not dilute with Sterile Water for Injection as hemolysis may occur. ALBUMINEX 5% may be diluted with 0.9% saline or 5% dextrose.
- Begin the infusion within 4 hours of piercing the vial stopper (the product does not contain any preservative).
- Adjust the rate of infusion according to the individual patient's hemodynamic and other physiological responses, using appropriate clinical monitoring.
More about Albuminex (albumin human)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.