KedRAB (rabies immune globulin, human) Disease Interactions
There are 2 disease interactions with KedRAB (rabies immune globulin, human):
Rabies (Includes KedRAB) ↔ Antibody Response
Severe Potential Hazard, High plausibility
Applies to: Immunodeficiency
Patients with primary or acquired deficient/impaired immune response (immunosuppressive therapy, genetic, splenic dysfunction, immunodeficiency disorders) may have reduced antibody response to immunizations. Deferral of immunosuppressive therapy may be considered pending completion of post-exposure therapy unless essential for treatment of other conditions.
- "Product Information. Bayrab (rabies immune globulin, human)." Bayer, West Haven, CT.
Vaccines (Includes KedRAB) ↔ Im Injection
Severe Potential Hazard, Moderate plausibility
Applies to: Thrombocytopenia, Thrombocytopathy, Coagulation Defect
In patients with thrombocytopenia or coagulation disorders, intramuscular injections may produce bleeding and hematomas. Patients with a platelet count less than 50,000/mm3 are at an increased risk. Caution is advised if the vaccine (e.g., plague vaccine, hepatitis A and B vaccines, and aluminum-adsorbed DTaP, DTP, DT, or Td) must be administered intramuscularly. The risk of bleeding may be minimized by vaccination immediately after the administration of replacement factor, use of a 23-gauge (or smaller) needle, and immediate application of direct pressure to the vaccination site for at least 2 minutes.
- "Product Information. Cholera vaccine (cholera vaccine)." Wyeth-Ayerst Laboratories, Philadelphia, PA.
- American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Infectious Diseases; Peter G, ed. "Red BooK: Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases. 24th" Grove Village, IL: American Academy of Pediatrics (1997):
- "Product Information. Engerix-B (hepatitis B vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Havrix (hepatitis A vaccine)." SmithKline Beecham, Philadelphia, PA.
- "Product Information. Plague Vaccine (plague vaccine)." Greer Laboratories Inc, Lenoir, NC.
KedRAB (rabies immune globulin, human) drug Interactions
There are 23 drug interactions with KedRAB (rabies immune globulin, human)
More about KedRAB (rabies immune globulin, human)
- KedRAB Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: immune globulins
Related treatment guides
Drug Interaction Classification
|Highly clinically significant. Avoid combinations; the risk of the interaction outweighs the benefit.|
|Moderately clinically significant. Usually avoid combinations; use it only under special circumstances.|
|Minimally clinically significant. Minimize risk; assess risk and consider an alternative drug, take steps to circumvent the interaction risk and/or institute a monitoring plan.|
|No information available.|
Do not stop taking any medications without consulting your healthcare provider.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.