Generic name: Human Rabies Virus Immune Globulin 150[iU] in 1mL
Dosage form: injection, solution
Drug class: Immune globulins
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on May 28, 2021.
For wound infiltration and intramuscular use.
Post-exposure prophylaxis consists of a single 20 IU/kg body weight dose of KEDRAB and a full course of rabies vaccine (See Table 1).
* Adapted from reference 1.
† These regimens are applicable for all age groups, including children.
ǂ Day 0 is the day the first dose of vaccine is administered. Refer to vaccine manufacturer's instructions or to the recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP)1,2 for appropriate rabies vaccine formulations, schedules, and dosages.
§ Any person with a history of rabies vaccination and a documented history of antibody response to the prior vaccination.
|KEDRAB® 20 IU/kg body weight||
|Previously vaccinated§||Wound cleansing||
|Other Considerations||Tetanus prophylaxis and/or antibiotics||
Infiltrate as much of the KEDRAB dose as possible into and around any detectable bite wounds if infiltration at the bite site is feasible. Administer any remaining KEDRAB intramuscularly into anatomical site(s) distant from the site of the rabies vaccine.
- When the bite site is unknown or indeterminate (undetectable) or if infiltration is difficult at the bite site (e.g., lips, fingers, knee), administer the full KEDRAB dose by the intramuscular route at a site distant from the site of rabies vaccination.
- If a large intramuscular volume is required (>2 mL for children or >5 mL for adults), administer the total volume in divided doses at different sites.
- Do not mix KEDRAB with the rabies vaccine or administer in the same syringe with the rabies vaccine.
- Discard unused portion of the product in the vial.
Parenteral drug products should be inspected visually for particulate matter and discoloration prior to administration. Do not use if either of these conditions exists, and contact Kedrion Biopharma Inc. at 1-855-353-7466. Do not discard the vial.
More about KedRAB (rabies immune globulin, human)
- Check interactions
- Compare alternatives
- Pricing & coupons
- Side effects
- During pregnancy
- FDA approval history
- Drug class: immune globulins
- En español
Bayrab, HyperRAB S/D, Imogam Rabies-HT
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.