User Reviews for Coumadin

Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery 3.0
Summary of Coumadin reviews 8.6 18 reviews

Reviews for Coumadin

Dotty · Taken for 10 years or more August 10, 2020

For Prosthetic Heart Valves, Mechanical Valves - Thrombosis Prophylaxis: “Coumadin is the only drug that has worked for me in 23 years and NOW IT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE because of Warfarin I had to be shocked back to life 3 times. Now I have been on put on Jantoven since June 22 2020 because I can no longer get Coumadin ... since then I have lost weight and appetite along with a bad cough with yellowed goop WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO? How has this happeden? when a drug works for people and then it is JUST STOPPED with no notice and the drugs that are available DON'T WORK then what?”

Scotty · Taken for 10 years or more March 1, 2020

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: “Put on Coumadin in 2008 after DVT, which ultimately turned out to have been caused by a hereditary clotting disorder (Factor V Leiden). No problems or side effects since, works like a charm. I self test every 2 weeks with Roche PT/INR handheld blood test kit, and manage to stay in therapeutic range about 95% of the time. Couldn’t ask for much better!”

Pleskee · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 22, 2018

For Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: “Been on medication now for 3 yrs, started out being tired, fatigued as time has gone by now starting to experience bad dreams early mornings, had one time rectal bleeding, otherwise it is helping me. ”

Anonymous · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 6, 2017

For Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Hip Replacement Surgery: “It helped me have a stroke faster while I was active and out going left me in a wheelchair with double the pain between my affected side and my back. NO good. Changed my life and my family lives also”

mitral valve replaced 10 years · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2016

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “Developed atrial flutter then atrial fibrillation several years post-op. This and beta-blocker really straightened it out. Cardiologist took me off Coumadin a few years ago for a month. He had to put me back on it due to flutter that just wouldn't quit... took a few weeks to straighten me out again. It was his idea, not mine. Only drawback is monitoring amount of green vegetables eaten every day and need a PT drawn every 2 weeks or so.”

hippiejim · Taken for less than 1 month April 21, 2015

For Deep Vein Thrombosis Prophylaxis after Knee Replacement Surgery: “Broken femur resulted in blood clots that caused life threatening embolism. I was given the generic warfarin and rapidly devoped THRUSH. Switched to brand name COUMADIN and recovered after 9 days in hospital.”

Tsunamijim June 30, 2014

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: “Was on Coumadin for 4 years. Walked away due to headaches daily. Got another clot. It may have been worth the couple months of no headaches, no fussy head, no feeling stupid, loosing my sight (which is old age, but still the timing), but the anxiety of knowing my body will clot along with a new clot put me back on Coumadin. Finally got the news about Xarelto. Life changing to say the least. No way to reverse dose, I take the risk for a better life. Besides the half life is only 5 to 9 hours for under 45 yr old and 11 to 13 hours for older. Take it with dinner and you are sleeping that whole time.”

Anonymous April 10, 2011

For Prosthetic Heart Valves, Tissue Valves - Thrombosis Prophylaxis: “I have been taking coumadin for 21 years, since I had an aortic valve replacement.”

Anonymous January 29, 2011

For Antiphospholipid Syndrome: “Since I started on Coumadin I have a lot less leg pain and can think more clearly.”

mexyweeds November 9, 2010

For Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation: “I was at a convention in Palm Springs when I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Could not breathe, excruciating pain, scared to death. When I got to the ER my heart was beating at 180 beats per minute. The doctors told me the only thing that probably saved me from having a stroke was that I was already on Coumadin as I have a genetic blood disorder, factor 5 Leiden which means I will be on Coumadin for the rest of my life. My doctors are so cautious that they actually had a bird's nest inserted into my vena cava just in case a clot were to ever break lose. I have never had problems in the 6 years I have been on Coumadin. My INR is always at 2.5 which is considered perfect since my target range is between 2.0 and 3.0.”

Anonymous November 16, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: “Everything that goes into the mouth has to be reviewed for interactions with this drug. It can also cause swelling and hair loss.”

Buddy wyatt October 28, 2009

For Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: “This drug saved my life.”

qx October 23, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: “I am male, 62 year old. Got a blood clot the entire length of my saphenous vein. I was put on generic warfarin first at 2.5mg/day. I got sweaty, headachy, and felt depressed. This went on for two weeks until I read reviews about Coumadin on this site. Switched to Coumadin. INR stabilized, sweats went away, and headaches went away in about 10 days. I know that Coumadin and Warfarin are supposed to be chemically the same molecule. I propose that the objective differences between these two drugs most likely can be accounted for by considering that one may have more pure isomers than the other.”

Anonymous July 8, 2009

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, Recurrent Event: “I really do not like taking medications so I probably don't monitor it like I should. So far I have had no problems develop but it works effectively and side effects are minimal. Some cuts barely bleed while a small scratch may take awhile to stop depending on where the cut or scratch occurs. I have found that Coumadin regulates better than other warfarin but costs considerably more. ”

Anonymous February 13, 2009

For Pulmonary Embolism, First Event: “I am still alive because of this drug and I am not an advocate of the medical profession.”

Anonymous December 27, 2008

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: “Coumadin is very effective. Home monitoring of INR with finger sticks helped with ease of use.”

jones2388 October 11, 2008

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: “Worked very well.”

Big Daddy 6 September 29, 2008

For Deep Vein Thrombosis, First Event: “I'm still alive thanks to this drug! So far so good.”