User Reviews for Coumadin to treat Prevention of Thromboembolism in Atrial Fibrillation

Reviews for Coumadin

mitral valve replaced 10 years · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 25, 2016

“Developed atrial flutter then atrial fibrillation several years post-op. This and beta-blocker really straightened it out. Cardiologist took me off Coumadin a few years ago for a month. He had to put me back on it due to flutter that just wouldn't quit... took a few weeks to straighten me out again. It was his idea, not mine. Only drawback is monitoring amount of green vegetables eaten every day and need a PT drawn every 2 weeks or so.”

mexyweeds November 9, 2010

“I was at a convention in Palm Springs when I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation. Could not breathe, excruciating pain, scared to death. When I got to the ER my heart was beating at 180 beats per minute. The doctors told me the only thing that probably saved me from having a stroke was that I was already on Coumadin as I have a genetic blood disorder, factor 5 Leiden which means I will be on Coumadin for the rest of my life. My doctors are so cautious that they actually had a bird's nest inserted into my vena cava just in case a clot were to ever break lose. I have never had problems in the 6 years I have been on Coumadin. My INR is always at 2.5 which is considered perfect since my target range is between 2.0 and 3.0.”