User Reviews for Rofecoxib (Page 2)

Period Pain

Pain
8.3

Summary of Rofecoxib reviews 8.9 48 reviews

Reviews for Rofecoxib

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Vioxx was my miracle drug. I have not had a pain-free day since it was taken off the market. "

pity September 23, 2010

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "I have fibromyalgia and could take one tablet and experience benefits for days. My muscle and joint pain vanished, my joints were more limber, and most importantly, the brain fog I experience so often was gone. I have not found anything that provides anything that provides a fraction of the relief that Vioxx provided. It's amazing. I hope they come up with a new formulation."

Anonymous July 7, 2010

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Vioxx was like a miracle drug with its ability to reduce pain. I would take about three a week and this would make my arthritis pain vanish. The drugs I'm on now don't even come close to doing the same job as Vioxx even when taking three and four a day. I've been on Celebrex, Arthrotec and Meloxicam. Bring back Vioxx and let the sufferers chose. These other drugs which do very little for me give me diarrhea and can cause heart attacks too, but minus the relief which Vioxx delivered. I'll bet there's an abundance of people suffering right now who would opt for Vioxx in a heartbeat."

John27 May 16, 2010

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "A miracle drug. The only medicine that took my pain away. "

Anonymous April 3, 2010

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I had a very severe onset of rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and Vioxx gave me my life back. I was in remission for nearly eight years and now without it, I have had not one pain free day."

Kroepfl March 8, 2010

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "No better on pain relief than Aleve, but the worst heart burn I've ever had in my life - like someone set my stomach on fire within a couple days of starting this medication. Taking 200mg every other day made no difference. Switched to Mobic."

wolflew December 8, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I have serious arthritis in my hips and knees, and no medication including Celebrex has ever worked for me. Vioxx was like a miracle pill for me -- one single pill was all I had to take to enjoy over a month of pain free movement! I seriously doubt that small a dosage would ever give me a heart attack, and besides, that would and should be MY choice, not someone else's. It's a prescription medication -- for heaven's sake, leave it up to the doctors to decide who is at too much risk to take it, and leave it up to US if we want to take that risk. For so many, it isn't a risk at all, nor do they, like me, even need much of it to live without pain. "

Anonymous November 4, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Period Pain: "I used to get terrible period pain. I was taking Advil like M&Ms and it was wrecking my stomach. I tried Vioxx and what a difference. A regular dose of Vioxx would keep me pain free for 12 hrs, and no GI symptoms. Then they pulled it from market. So I took Celebrex, which was better than Advil but still required around 1000mg/day to keep my menstrual pain down. I finally had a hysterectomy at 43 which might have been avoided if Vioxx had been kept on the market."

delayed surgery October 17, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "My husband suffers from rheumatoid arthritis - when he was prescribed Vioxx he was able to walk without pain, participate in sports again, and was overall happy. He's in his 40's and is now suffering miserably. He's tried almost every other drug out there - and not one of them has had the same effect as Vioxx. People should have been upfront with their doctors and advised them of any other medications they were taking or herbal supplements they may have been taking. Physicians and their PA's should have been investigated and their practices, not Merck. Talk about quality of life - wouldn't you rather have five great years than living the rest of your life miserably. "

Anonymous August 9, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "Vioxx was a miracle drug for me. I suffer from peripheral neuropathy and fibromyalgia and just one Vioxx each day enabled me to function near normal. After it was pulled from the market, life has been a living hell. Celebrex, Bextra and all the other NSAIDs don't stop the pain. I'm 45 and hardly at risk for a heart attack. Why did they take this drug away from healthy people who were not at risk by it? This is crazy. Ibuprophen is more dangerous than Vioxx."

Anonymous July 27, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "Once, a little over 5 years ago I had a pinched nerve in my neck. The Chiropractor didn't help and 6 Vicodin didn't touch the pain. I took one Vioxx, I actually felt the swelling, inflation and pain leaving my body never to return. That was one wonderful miracle drug. I'm having the a similar problem now for 2 weeks in my upper leg, hip and around to my lower back. Two trips to the Chiropractor, pain medication, Celebrex, muscle relaxer, tranquilizer and Cymbalta is not helping. I sure wish I had just one Vioxx pill to make this similar problem leave my body."

ckenglert June 19, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "Vioxx stopped the pain wonderfully when I sprained my ankle years ago, though it upset my stomach a bit. Now that I have Osteoarthritis, I hope "they" can come up with something else as effective."

JuliusSnoozer April 13, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "Vioxx was my miracle drug. For years I suffered from very painful arthritis. I was young and healthy, and Vioxx gave me my life back. Now in the past years without it, I get up every morning in pain. I'm only 42 and I can hardly stand to get out of bed. I miss just being able to walk down my road with my dog."

joyfulhillbillie April 2, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "It did not touch my pain."

Linda65 February 12, 2009

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "I'm in so much pain all the time I can hardly take it. Vioxx is the "only" drug that has ever reduced my pain. I wish the FDA would allow those of us who wish to take Vioxx to do so with a signed 100% waiver to any rights to sue the prescribing doctor, Manufacturer or anyone else in conjunction with its use. I would gladly sign away my rights to such just to have my life back again without all this pain from figromyalgia and parkinsons plus 4 lower ruptured disks in my back. 20mg of Vioxx and it's gone all day and begins working in an hour on me. I only take one when I absolutely cannot take it anymore as I only have about 15 left from the last prescription I got just before it was taken off the market. When they are gone, that's it."

POPS1 October 19, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "I suffered with tendonitis in my heals for years. My doctor tried several drugs, with little or no help, until Vioxx. It changed my life. I am currently in pain all the time and I would take Vioxx today if I could get it."

Anonymous October 17, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I still think they should bring Vioxx back on the market. I'd rather die painless then have 20 years of misery and pain. They took that off the market but leave other drugs over the counter to kill people because they can just buy it without a doctors warning."

marimutt September 26, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "I have had severe neck pain and couldn't move my left arm for a week and couldn't get relief with anything. I was given Vioxx by my doctor. It was a miracle drug and helped in a day or two. It worked great for me. Celebrex is similar and is still on the market, and I take it now."

two cents September 19, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "I took Vioxx for almost 2 years and I wish it was never withdrawn. I tried alot of other anti-inflamatories that didn't work the same and never stoped the pain. I wish they would bring it back and just only give it to people that dont have heart problems. It was the best thing to happen to me and I wish I could still use it."

Anonymous June 19, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Osteoarthritis: "I took Vioxx and it helped my arthritis pain tremendously, when nothing else would work including prescription pain killers. I suffer from Hemophilia, severe type a. Vioxx works in such away that being hemophiliac is overlooked by the manufacturer. The reason it works so well for me is that hemophilia thins the blood, this decreeses the risk of heartack by blood clots, where as normal people who clot correctly would possibly have a sideffect but for people like me with hemophilia Vioxx helped"

MacGyver May 4, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "I took Vioxx as an anti-inflammatory. Just Wonderful! The med co. didn't do their due diligence on this one. If Vioxx was limited to those without heart health issues, many would be back doing what Vioxx enabled: plakying the piano, laying sheetrock, concrete..etc. Celebrex comes in as a strong 7 whereas Vioxx hit 10."

WaterOne March 31, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Pain: "I had great results from Vioxx, have to wait see if there is any long term effects, but while I was taking the meds I had no pain."

Anchorage March 28, 2008

Vioxx (rofecoxib) for Rheumatoid Arthritis: "I have never had such pain relief from a drug.It changed my life. Why oh why was it withdrawn??"

Troutmaster March 3, 2008