User Reviews for RimabotulinumtoxinB

4.5

Summary of RimabotulinumtoxinB reviews 7.3 2 reviews

Reviews for RimabotulinumtoxinB

Jeweryfiend November 22, 2017

Myobloc (rimabotulinumtoxinB) for Cervical Dystonia: "I was given this for spasms in upper spine and cervical region. I had an anaphylactic reaction to shots and have died. My throat closed up, making it very difficult to breathe, my sinuses swelled and got blocked, inner ear became inflamed/infected, making it difficult and painful to swallow. I experienced intense pain at the injection sites, numbness burning and became unable to use my arms. I developed pneumonia, stomach upset, horrible headaches and pain (worse than typical migraines), general weakness and malaise and lost my voice. I had to pull my throat open grabbing the skin on my throat to gasp for air. The symptoms have lasted for over 2 weeks. I was given prednisone to reduce the inflammation of my throat so I could breathe and swallow a little easier. Horrible!"

TBI surviovor February 19, 2017

Myobloc (rimabotulinumtoxinB) for Dystonia: "My daughter had a TBI and used to for muscle spasm .She had previously received Botox injections for several years which became ineffective due to her body building up antibodies to it. She has received several injections of Myobloc which were very positive in helping with contractions in her limbs.It increased her mobility and helped her use her arms and hands. Myobloc improved her quality of life and function with her ADL's. Myobloc peaks with in a day of injection and wanes throughout several weeks. She has not had adverse side effects. Receiving insurance coverage for Myobloc took an enormous amount of effort and perseverance on both my part and the doctors."

ADKFriend · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 15, 2016

Myobloc (rimabotulinumtoxinB) for Cervical Dystonia: "I had my first injection about 2 months ago. Dr.s start at a low dose. It helped for 6 weeks. Although I still had some spasms, they didn't last as long, and were less frequent. Now, after two months they are getting bad again. So I will have a second injection in a month."

Symptom checker