User Reviews for Opcon-A

Eye Redness/Itching
6.5

Summary of Opcon-A reviews 6.7 17 reviews

Reviews for Opcon-A

For Eye Redness/Itching "My last bottle expired, so I purchase a replacement. I brought it home and needed to use it and unfortunately I couldn't open the bottle. How frustrating it is when all of the adults in the household can't even open a bottle of allergy eyedrops. Ugh!!! I sadly had rubbed my eyes pink as a result."

Pink & red lady April 11, 2018

For Eye Redness/Itching "I love this product. It works great but...getting into it is getting harder & harder. Why is there like a child proof opener on this? I could not open this myself. Had to have someone else do it & it was even hard for them. Come on now, why is it so hard to open? I almost brought it back where I bought it."

Anonymous February 23, 2018

For Eye Redness/Itching "There is one issue, as many others here have stated. The bottle is IMPOSSIBLE to open. The instructions on the cap state "Push Down While Turning". Easy enough, right? Wrong. I tried and tried to open it; I asked coworkers and friends to give it their best shot as well- to no avail. 250 pound brutes of men attempted, and failed. After two weeks of slaving to open this contraption, I have found that the best way to open it is to shove the bottle in your mouth (cap side in, bottle side out), bite down hard on the cap, while lightly holding the bottle in your dominant hand. Bite down hard enough to keep the cap stable, and apply pressure with the side of your teeth and mouth to push the cap inwards.With your dominant hand, spin the bottle in a clockwise motion. If you hear the safety ring clicking, you're doing it wrong. Be careful not to squeeze the bottle while turning the cap, as you don't want to squirt eye-drops into your mouth. But don't let your dentist see you doing this! "

MaddieBird January 31, 2018

For Eye Redness/Itching "These drops really help my eyes feel less irritated and the redness goes away quickly."

Linda KS January 26, 2018

For Eye Redness/Itching "The product is good but can't open it. Beyond words frustrating!!! Have used this for years but the new applicator will probably make me purchase another brand."

jojordan (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 16, 2017

For Eye Redness/Itching "I can't get this new bottle open!!! Are they kidding? I hurt my hand trying to do it. Who came up with this??? I'm going to return to Walgreens and go buy generic brand at Walmart."

Allergic in Arizona September 2, 2017

For Eye Redness/Itching "Drops are awesome, but eventually the bottle is impossible to open. I'm in my mid 30s and it becomes impossible to use. Please fix this, its insane to lose half the use of this thing."

BobBobBob12345 July 5, 2017

For Eye Redness/Itching "Have used Opcon-A seasonally for years due to sever allergies and hay-fever, however the new containers lid has made it difficult for me as a senior citizen to open thus once getting help to open the container I have to set the lid on top which occasionally gets knocked off which runs the risk of contamination of the containers tip. PLEASE bring back the old style lid!!!"

Dovemama (taken for 10 years or more) May 23, 2017

For Eye Redness/Itching "I can't open this bottle. VERY frustrating! No directions anywhere. THANKs for nothing Bausch and Lomb"

LOLLYBEE April 13, 2017

For Eye Redness/Itching "I cannot get the bottle open, and I'm a spry 38 year old. I will be buying Visine from now on. What a waste of money!"

Mary Andrews November 1, 2016

For Eye Redness/Itching "I suffer from year round allergies. My eyes itch and water often. I have noticed these drops do help but after a few seconds of applying the drops in my eyes I have a stinging/burning sensation. I would not recommend this to children if this is a common side effect. The pain does subside after a minute or two. I continue to use the drops because they do seem to help. I just have to wait out the initial pain."

wvicechick (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

For Eye Redness/Itching "If the bottle(s) can't be opened, the drops can't be used. Purchasing a two-bottle pack did no good. I'm a 76-year-old woman who lives alone, 115 miles from the Walmart where the package was bought."

extl June 26, 2016

For Eye Redness/Itching "I am 80 years old. My health is not the best and so I do not get around much any more, I read a lot using paperbacks and a Kindle Fire HD 8.9, I watch some tv and I use my desk top for news and general knowledge and photography.. If my eyes are burning from allergies, I use Opcon-A and it gives me more relief than other drops I have used. For dry eyes, I use Refresh."

C.A. June 29, 2015

For Eye Redness/Itching "After contracting Lyme disease my immune system became weaker and eye allergy is now a continual issue. Opcon-A has made the difference. My current problem has been going to work in the morning and looking as if I have bloodshot eyes due to drinking alcohol or smoking. There is soap in your eyes feeling when you first apply it, but it quickly goes away."

Middle age man (taken for less than 1 month) February 8, 2013

For Eye Redness/Itching "Opcon-A relieves my eye soreness and eliminates redness better than any other over-the-counter product (such as Visine) and Pataday (Rx and a bank loan are required, but it causes eye twitching after a few days of use as Pataday instructs). I use Opcon-A once or twice per day only on days that my eyes become tired due to combination of chronic dry eye, possible eye allergy, and lack of sleep. (My eyes are red even on good days except for a while after using Opcon-A.) At age 58 now, no side effects have been observed despite occasional use for many years."

AZsunLover October 20, 2009

For Eye Redness/Itching "I really liked this product at first. Great for the redness. Lately when using it the eye I use this product in becomes enlarged, impairing my vision for most of the day. I do wear contacts and am on simvastatin (for cholesterol) so this could affect it."

rhue May 22, 2009

For Eye Redness/Itching "When I first used this, I thought this was a miracle eye drop. My eyes were fully red, bloodshot, and 1 minute after I dropped the medication in my eye, I was shocked to see fast my eyes looked normal."

Flaygrant September 7, 2008

More about Opcon-A (naphazoline / pheniramine ophthalmic)

Other brands: Naphcon-A, Visine-A