User Reviews for Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack

Vaginal Yeast Infection

Summary of Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack reviews 3.0 237 reviews

Reviews for Monistat 3-Day Combination Pack

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Why is this still being sold? Most reviews report the same terrible experience I'm having right now. I had to remove as much as I could. It was unbearable...I waited 30 min and the burning and itching didn't go away. I'm not feeling the itch inside so much anymore but obviously it's burning outside. Honestly this should not be in the market."

Nat August 15, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Extreme itching & burning! The most unbearable uncomfortableness I have ever experienced. I would not recommend anyone to use this product, especially reading other reviews!"

Kk (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have used Monistat 3 two or three times within the last few months. The first time I tried it, I felt severe itching and burning down in my vagina. I was tossing and turning in pain and I felt like I needed to go to the hospital and get all of the cream washed out. I felt as hundreds of mosquitos bit me down in my lady area and at the same time, I felt as if a fire had started down there too. However, after a couple minutes, the pain started to ease down and I took an advil so I could sleep. The pain was terrible and caused a great amount of discomfort at first, but I continued to buy the product because at the end of the three days, my yeast infection had either healed, or healed a couple days after. However, I think I may try using another yeast infection medicine, hopefully not as painful. So before using Monistat, I recommend you should try another product or brand first."

Brooklyn August 14, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is the WORST burning feeling I’ve ever experienced. I can handle pain well and this is just unbearable. It literally feels like acid in my vagina. It burns so bad and there’s literally nothing I can do but lay here all night not sleeping. I literally took three Advil’s and have an ice pack on my vagina. Thats not even helping. I’d rather keep the yeast infection then endure this ever again."

Kitkat August 13, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "It has been over 10+yrs since I've had a YI. I got M3 because I've used M7 before and never had a problem. I didn't want to go thru the whole 7 days so I chose the 3 day. The worst mistake of my life!! I used the first tube, went to bed as suggested and immediately starting burning and itching so bad I was in tears. I will never ever used Monistat products again. I will be calling my doctor in the morning for diflucan. I did feel a little better the next day from the product and the infection but I will not be doing day 2 of the cream. The pain is just too unbearable. I checked the ingredients and it said benzoic acid, cetyl alchohol and stearyl alcohol. Those 3 ingredients are enough to let me know this should not go inside my vjay-vjay!! NEVER AGAIN!!"

Ree August 12, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I recently had to take antibiotics for a sinus infection. A week after finishing the antibiotics I noticed a YI coming on so I purchased Monistat 3 day. I’ve used it before in the past and it worked great. This time was very different. I inserted it and within 10 minutes started itching severely. It burned slightly but the itching was unbearable. I had to get in the tub and wash it away. Second night came and I figured I’d try it again so I could rid myself of the infection. The itching started again within minutes of inserting it. Had to wash it out again. I don’t ever remember this reaction when I used this product in the past. Something has changed with it. I probably won’t purchase Monistat again."

Anonymous August 8, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So here’s the thing, it works. This was my first yeast infection and I couldn’t afford my doctor copay so I just grabbed some monistat after speaking to a nurse. After day 1 my symptoms (itching, light pain, and thick white discharge) were basically gone. I still had some pain but no more abnormal discharge. Cool! Well I’m on day 3 and I’m MISERABLE. It’s fine petting it in in before I sleep but the SECOND I wake up and use the restroom the most unbearable itching starts. I’m talking squirming around in bed whining and trying to find a way to alleviate this itch but to no avail. After a few hours it goes away but those few hours are so uncomfortable I don’t think I’ll ever use this again. If a doctors visit and some oral antifungals can cure me I will gladly pay instead of buying this stuff again."

anna (taken for less than 1 month) August 3, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This IS HORRIBLE. I can't believe this itching, stinging, burning, ITCHING. Why didn't I read the reviews."

Kk (taken for less than 1 month) July 31, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I used it and I was so scared because of the reviews. The first night I didn’t have any swelling or burning . It took the light smell that I had away and I felt much better.The second and third night I notice I was leaking the stuff out bad . I just used a panty liner and I was fine . Overall it worked for me the first night . I think it’s for mild infection. You have to know your body and use it right away and signs that you know could be infection. I wouldn’t use it if my symptoms are severe by that point go to the doctor for antifungal tablets "

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is my first time writing about monistat, but I wanted to share my experience. I bought the 3 day Monistat, and normally it would work immediately without stinging. Anyways, I don't know if they changed their formula because I haven't purchased this product within 2 years, but once I inserted the monistat it burned and itched so bad I ran to the shower to wash it off. The next I think to myself maybe it's because it was the first time using it in 2 years, and guess what...it does it again! The agony of burning and itching so bad! I will never buy this product again, I believe they changed an ingredient."

Jj July 25, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Day 1 treatment caused horrible itching and I couldn't fall asleep. In the morning I was burning and now sore from this medicine. Never had this experience with over the counter treatment before. Will be getting something else today to finish treatment, they should recall this 3 day treatment. It shouldn't make you feel worse."

KR (taken for less than 1 month) July 17, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Last infection I had was in 2016 which actually turned out to be BV. Went to the doctor to get treated and haven’t had a problem since. Until recently that is. Had a flare up about a week ago but was waiting closer to the weekend before I did any treatment. Had bought the M3 a while back because I was showing symptoms of a regular ol yeast infection. Decided to pull it out so if I didn’t have to set a doctors appointment I wouldn’t. Probably should’ve just made the appointment. Anyway, started using M3 tonight after my shower and was almost immediately slapped with a severe burning and itching sensation down below. It’s going on 10 minutes and I have yet to feel relief. Almost tempted to just hop back in the shower and rinse this stuff out but I honestly want to see if this treatment will work even a little. Don’t want my $15 to go to waste."

Chelly Belly (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "This is not normal. Something is wrong with this medication. I have used it before a while ago, yesterday I was feeling like I have minor yeast infection. I didn’t have any itch. I purchased this product and inserted day 1. I had incredible itch. I thought maybe be because it was my first day and it is working. When it dripped out I had to take a long shower for relief. The next day (today) I saw blood spot on my underwear. I didn’t pay much attention I thought maybe I have severe yeast infection, but no before I used it I was just fine. I put it again thinking today it will be better, and it is the worst itch I ever felt. I took a shower to remove this garbage and have to go to emergency in the morning. DO NOT USE this. I left one so I can report it. Something is definitely wrong with this medication"

Sunshinel (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "So through the week I had had symptoms of a yeast infection, but they were coming and going. My boyfriend and my 1st anniversary is coming up on Saturday, so I figured it would be smart to knock whatever issue I was having out beforehand. I used the 7 day cream before and found that it burned so I opted for the capsules and inserted one before bed. 2 minutes in I was met with mild burning and itching, which the box specifies may happen, after 15 minutes of unbearable burning and itching it began calming down. Thankful, I tried to fall asleep, but was met with the itching and burning yet again minutes later, this time it was way worse than anything I've ever felt before. I was crying my eyes out in the shower while trying to get the already dissolved capsule out. Once I had gotten out as much as I could I got out and checked out everything down there. I'm red, swollen, and now raw. This better be healed by the time we leave for our vacation or I'm going to lose it."

Burning/in pain July 9, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Ignored the warnings about seeing a doctor when you have your FIRST yeast infection (stupid of me) and decided to just buy the 3-day pack since my YI was very mild. Didn't check the reviews (big, big mistake) and used it at about 12 am when I was about to sleep. Worst mistake ever!! Super, super, SUPER itchy! I ended up having to wash it out in the bathtub at 1 am and the itchiness got better. I ended up just going to my PCP where she prescribed me Diflucan and it went away like magic. Definitely not worth using!"

Cici (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "M3 works, but every time I’ve had the unfortunate need for it, the itching and tenderness during treatment is almost as maddening as having the yeast infection alone. Day 1 - no burning, just severe itching (may need a straight jacket to keep from scratching). No itching in the morning, but external tenderness. Day 2 - same if itching as day one. Same tenderness. Day 3 - intense itching for about 10 minutes, but then dies down. However, I feel raw down there. It hurts to wipe and burns to pee. Some swelling, but discharge during the day has ceased and itching during the day has died down considerably. Overall, the product works, but your vagina will hate you with the rage of a thousand infernos. Will buy again!"

Not fun. (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "At 70, I hadn’t had a yeast infection in decades. But M7 worked. Now, only M3 or M1 were on the store shelf? First night, lying prone, as specified, I fell fast asleep, but in the morning, after potty, I couldn’t sit. Did I have a UTI? An hour later and the next day, too, I was okay. Only, at 3:30 am, now, after last dose and potty, more misery. Do I need the E/R? Or 7 days? And is that safe? Daylight. I’m somewhat better. These reviews show you can feel worse, later. And another 7-day course won’t hurt a thing IF needed. Thanks to the reviews and several more hours, I have blessed peace of mind. A warning label needs to be on the box. The M1, M3 and M7 are low-dose, “original”, “regular” and “extra strength”. No more M3. No medication should have you worried over symptoms, spending hours on-line to be assured you’re okay...."

Ilovedaisies July 4, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I've had several yeast infections. The last one was when I had to see the Dr. where she gave me an antifungal oral tablet, some suppositories for 7 days and a cream for the itch. Of course it worked. Now I knew I had the start of another infection and decided to try Monistat 3. My "friend" was already burning and itching and of course I was making it worse by scratching. There is no way you can avoid scratching unless you want to go completely out of your mind. But what I did was buy Vagisil. The Monistat itself didn't itch and burn, I was already feeling that. It is the effects of the scratching that makes the vagina prone to burning and unbearable itching. The Vagisil is a life saver. With this Monistat 3 (or any other medication for that matter) it doesn't seem to get better until a few days after you've finished the medication. When you don't need the Vagisil any more, you know you're cured, at least for the time being."

Noitchplease (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Monistat 3-Day Treatment -1st day ~ Immediately after insertion, S E V E R E itching, pretty much unbearable. Only lasted about 20 minutes. Use wipes to help with the itching, helps so so much! -2nd day ~ Had no side effects other than a little itching about 3 or 4 hours later when I had to pee. -3rd day ~ No side effects! It really isn't that bad if you can tough out the first 20 minutes. This is the last day of my treatment so I'll give it a couple of days and see how everything is holding up and if it actually worked."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I used to use monistat 3 day pack in the past and would feel amazing. Omg this time!!! The burning and itching is terrible. I can't sleep and I'm writing this at 4am!!!"

Nichole (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "Okay, so I've had mixed experiences with this. The first time I used it must have been 5 or more years ago, and it absolutely set my vagina on fire with volcanic rage that merely scooping out the pain-inducing cream couldn't abate. Despite swelling and pain it did however cure my inconveniently-timed yeast infection, so I risked the burning again and bought this product the other day. Why do the same thing twice? First, I thought there was a chance that the product had been improved because as of 2013 there had already been plenty of damaging ones comments. Obviously that's not true given recent reviews. The difference this time--I use only half of a tube each night because my infection has not been that bad. Yes, there is still burning, but nothing close to the armageddon of 2013. It seems to be helping so far, but we shall see."

ByeV (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I figured I would fix this with the 3 day, as I have before. However, these have been the worst 2 nights ever! The first dose was uncomfortable with the itching and burning, but felt better by the morning. This dose has me in so much pain that I can't sleep! I even took a cold bath to get it out, and had to put an ice cold rag down there. Still no relief from the fire that this has set on my lady bits! I just wanted to feel better, not feel like I needed an cold ice pack to ease the horrid itch and burn. "

Needed relief June 19, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I just used Day 1 and I feel like I’m on fire! I would have done better just waiting until my doctors appointment over using this. I’ve used Monistat twice over the years and have NEVER had a reaction like this. It’s horrible. I won’t be using day 2 or 3 after this."

GRRR June 14, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I honestly feel so bad for all the bad experience. Reading all them make me cringe. I am very familiar with yeast infections, I usual get them when I'm on a lot of antibiotics. So when I became very itchy and uncomfortable I knew it was a yeast infection the pain was awful and I finally bought monistat 3 day, I used the first application last night and today I feel no itch or uncomfortable so far so good!"

Jay (taken for less than 1 month) June 13, 2018

For Vaginal Yeast Infection "I have used this medicine before when I woke up with the most unbearable itching from a yeast infection and in the past it worked absolutely great. I have just repurchased it again and put in last night. I woke up 5 hours later having to pee so I did and now I am itching absolutely terribly and I’m holding an ice pack to my hoo ha and it is not helping. I’m not sure what happened but I’m in a great amount of distress and too scared to continue with my 3 day pack"

UGH (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2018