User Reviews for Carbocaine to treat Local Anesthesia

Denise Lynn · Taken for less than 1 month · February 27, 2020

“Severe reaction today having new crown, lots of drilling. Must use non-eppe Novocaine to begin with and now can't use Carbocaine either. Tremors, freezing cold, uncontrollable, shaking, when sitting up left eye twitching then, both, then both eyes & cheeks & lips twitched uncontrollably, hands & thighs trembling, trouble swallowing. Now 7 hours later, left eye feels very droopy/heavy, feel very tired & slow, a bit confused & lethargic. Very weird reaction, never had it before and been using non-eppe novocane for 60 yrs.”

Ms. Nana · Taken for less than 1 month · April 8, 2022

“I can't take Novacaine w/ Epinephrine...cuz of a severe heartbeat palpitation reaction. Scary! So I told my dentist & she chose to use Carbocaine for the drilling of my tooth for a new cap. She told me that it wears off quickly... so when I felt a pang of pain she gave me more! It was the 3% and it worked great in the chair. I left the office happy and still very very numb. The numbness lasted for many hours. Slept fine that evening. woke up with a sore/fat upper lip . PAIN kicked in when the swelling went away. It accelerated the following evening when I went to bed ..I was up every hour in severe pain+freezing. My joints (hip joints!) were screaming in pain & I couldn't get comfortable/sleep. Severe headache also. Next day= agony! I could hardly move without being in pain & no position was comfortable! I began doubling up my pain medication that I take for osteoarthritis. Relief, but only from pain. I am slowly getting better, but NEVER AGAIN! I pray no major damage is done!”

Scrapbooker · February 3, 2021

“I've had a lot of dental work done over the years. A lot of fillings, root canals, tooth removals, etc. I used to use novocaine but I told the dentist it burns my sinuses so, and made the whole side of my face ache, my teeth, eyes, ears, headache, etc. So I started having no nonovcaine to have fillings put in. Dentist couldn't believe it! Then later in life when I went to a holistic dentist and they did a test to see what kinds of things I might be allergic to and I told them my experience with novocaine. He said he would try carbocaine instead. It worked great! No more pain and could have my teeth pulled with no discomfort! He said it was the epinepherine that was causing the burning sensation I would get with the novocaine. Drs. prefer novocaine because it works quicker, he said. I finally don't dread the dentist so much.”

Chrissy · Taken for less than 1 month · June 12, 2019

“My doctor recommended carbocaine after I had a severe reaction to Lidocaine. Its not as strong as Lidocaine and has less side effects in my opinion.”

Learn more about Local Anesthesia