User Reviews for Namenda XR

Learn more about Namenda XR.

Reviews for Namenda XR to treat Alzheimer's Disease

"My Mom is 94 years old and has been prescribed Namenda XR once a day for Alzheimer's disease. It has helped her to be quite clear and focused. When our neighbour recently fell and broke her back, Mom asked to find out the name of the rehab facility so she could send her flowers. Mom remembered that in January 2016, she fell and broke her tibila and fibula (leg) and this neighbor sent my Mom an orchid plant, making Mom feel very happy. Mom still forgets current information. Where are we going? To the doctor. 10 minutes later, where are we going? To the doctor. Also this medication is pricey, $162.01!"

Namenda XR works real good! August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My wife began the 4 stage process a couple of months ago, and I stopped it halfway through week 2 because she seemed to be getting more confused. We started again a month ago and are into the 2nd full dose, and I am very concerned that her condition is worse instead of better."

bsandy (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My wife tried to add Namenda as a component of combination therapy but after continuous bouts of bronchitis we terminated Namenda and, as a result, she was (in short order) able to get rid of the bronchitis. Since Namenda had seemed promising (initially, before bronchitis), we were very disappointed that it seemed necessary to eliminate that component of her treatment. Although our neurologist had not previously seen a case in which bronchitis was a side effect of Namenda, he suggested we try Namenda XR. We are thrilled that she has been able to take Namenda XR without experiencing such a side effect and that Namenda XR appears to be providing desired benefits."

Hubbycare April 15, 2014