User Reviews for Losartan

Also known as: Cozaar

Learn more about Losartan.

Diabetic Kidney Disease 3 reviews 13 medications

9.2
High Blood Pressure 151 reviews 263 medications

5.9
Summary of Losartan reviews 154 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Losartan

For High Blood Pressure: "Causes impotence and erectile dysfunction. Stay away if those are things you don't want to deal with."

Goldeye (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 10, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on losartan for over a year and I have lost my eye site in rt eye .along with many more side effects .not taking it and lisinapril will destroy your kidneys .get something else."

Dar 52 July 9, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was switched to loser tan when an increase in lisinopril (at a low dose also fantastic) gave me such a chronic dry cough I would turn blue and wretch. Often with blood as I damaged my throat since switching to 50mg Losartan I have lost the cough and feel fine. As much as my other conditions are allowing me to be. I am 49 and have severe asthma and due to an accident chronic long term pain. So have not noticed any back pain but I think Losartan works really well for me and if they ever need to increase the dose we are going to monitor for any side effects (this was my gp's advice not mine) I have. A great gp and would recommend trying Losartan all drugs work for some people and not others I can't take lisinopril or amlodopine for example."

Serendipity069 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I've been taking it for 2 weeks... Blood pressure is good but the insomnia is pretty bad. I'll be seeing the doctor next week!!"

Mm2345wd June 25, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "After 3 weeks I had a severe allergic reaction to this Med. My face was swollen with hives and I felt weak sick and very anxious. I ended up in the hospital and had IV Pepcid and steroid. I went home in better shape but I've been off the Med for a week and still feel residue bad effects. I'm afraid to take any Bp Med and I'm trying a low sodium diet. This scared the heck out of me !"

CAW72 June 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I got on here to look into the mysterious symptoms that I've been getting. I started taking Losartan 25mg about 5-7 days ago and haven't felt right since. I've had indigestion, gas, stomach aching, sore muscles, exhaustion, maybe some anxiety, and poor eating. Looking at user reviews the medicine either works great, or it works terrible.. Many of the 1 star reviews point to the same digestive/stomach issues I'm having beginning on the day I started Losartan. Of course my doctor shrugged off all the symptoms and thinks I need to "stick with it." I'll be finding a new doctor."

last1nl1ne (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Losartan Potassium 50MG Tab. I started this med on April 26th 2016. I had Gas after first pill. I tried to tolerate it and had hoped my body would get used to it. On the 8th day I still had terrable gas. On the 8th day I have stomach pain, gurgling intestions and on the toilet all night. Blowing out tons of gas also. My stomach hurt to press down on it the pain was so bad! I went to my Dr. today and was taken off the Lasartan Potassium and he gave me ..Verapamil Er 120MG. I will take 1/2 pill for the first week to see how my body tolerates this med."

Maxybby1 May 13, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was initially prescribed lisinopril which made me so dizzy and short of breath along with the dreaded cough that all I could do was lay on couch. After a few days of giving my body a chance to adjust to meds I asked dr for something else. She prescribed Losartan. I immediately felt like my old self with NO side effects whatsoever."

MsVeeBee May 8, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "64 yrs old, female. High normal BP. Tried Norvasc but caused severe swelling feet/ankles plus red flushing on skin. Doc switched to Losartan for past month. Now I've developed diarrhea, flushing and the excessive sweating. Have to find something new."

dtf (taken for less than 1 month) May 5, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Not sure why there is so much drama here.... My first BP med worked for a year or so, then, I was back up to 165/90 or so. I have a few physical issues so am on some other meds. Since changing to Losartan 100mg, which was a little over a year ago, my BP stays around 130/62. As I said before, I do have other issues so I can not attribute any other problems with it. I give Losartan a thumbs up for doing what it is intended for."

Jumper599 May 1, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I took the pill@morning, low to standard pressure during day--high @ night. Sometimes chest pains, didn't sleep well due to anxiety--tire during the day."

GARYWHITE60 (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Lower BP minimal side effects."

Jtpsr April 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Very very fast heartbeat in the middle of the night. Thought I was going to die it was pumping out of my chest."

Lizarcrooks April 19, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm already on a BP med, but my PCP wanted to start me on losartan because of diet-controlled diabetes. I started at 25mg/day, but, after a week, she increased it to 100mg/day. The first two nights were wrecked with insanely severe back pain (I have a long history of degenerative arthritis in my spine, but this pain was insane!) and the 3rd culminated in a full blown 24-hour anxiety/panic attack the likes of which I have never dealt with (I also take meds for depression/anxiety). I also have a long history of IBS and have had 3 days of watery stools. I refuse to live like this... There has to be a better way. I cannot wait out the "week or so" for the side effects when I already had these issues to begin with..."

TwinofJ (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I had trouble getting to sleep, stuffy runny noise I am 43 years old I was on norvasc but my new doctor recommended this I stopped taking it maybe he can lower the dose"

NYCWarriorMom April 17, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Started Losartan 25mg about a week ago due to high blood pressure I'm 35 male, BP at its highest 170/115 but averaging about 155/98 heart rate of 49-54 beats per min, I'm about a stone over weight but overall not in bad shape. Diet is not the best to be honest, these tablets have knocked me for 6, so tired and lethargic, like somebody's has taken the spark out of me, today under instruction from the doctors have gone up to 50mg daily, well I haven't really got out of bed all day apart for a little food and some apple juice. I have another week of this yet I'm not looking forward to this. Any advise on increasing energy levels would be greatfull"

Englishman Kirby March 28, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Losartan 25mg for about 3 months now for slightly high bp, 155/93 or thereabouts. I am a 62 yo female who was working full time. The drug works fine for me, no dizziness or nausea. However, I have began to notice some joint pain in my right elbow and left wrist which may or may not be related to the drug. It's just that I didn't have it before. I did have a but with left side back ache for 3 days that I thought was kidney, but there were no other symptoms of kidney issues so just hit water bottled it and it went away. No issues other than the sore joints. Not taking any other meds so no interactions."

Safety Geek (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Took my first 50 mg tablet yesterday 6 hour's later it was like I had been spiked, really dizzy ,fell over twice serious head pain , then the worst part I had a fit of uncontrollable laughter it was like some sort of fit, I don't remember much of it only what I've been told apparently lasted bout 15 minutes followed by vomiting, any one else had similar side effects"

davej1066 March 2, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Took Losartan 50 mg for three days. I'm experiencing insomnia, diarrhea and stomach pain. I have heart palpitations, my face is flushed, I'm tremendously thirsty, and I feel "out of it." Plus, my blood pressure actually went up! Talked to my sister, who is sensitive to medications, too, and found out she's been on this drug for several years. Guess what? She's been experiencing some of the same "mysterious" symptoms, but her doctors haven't put two and two together. I'm discontinuing immediately."

MSSensitive (taken for less than 1 month) February 23, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "On 100mg. My BP was around 147/95 for several years. The odd thing is I'm fairly fit. I got off big cardio a few years back and just lifted weights 5-6 days a week. Yeah I got big, but I knew things were not right, BP was HIGH. Got onto Losartan, first few days on 100mg...I almost passed out, sweated profusely, was dizzy, and really shouldn't have been driving. I've switched it up to 50mg morn, and 50mg night. Now my BP is back up high, and I'm just not seeing results (I'm back on 30 mins cardio, 30 mins weights daily, sometimes double that. First month this Losartan really messed me up...couldn't concentrate, personality kind of disappeared for a while. Back level now...but if I get even a little bit dehydrated, I feel faint"

Patricio G February 22, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I'm a 23 year old with a blood pressure of 150/95. My doctor but me on this medication as my first ever blood pressure medication. Since taking it I have had awful shooting back pain to the point where I can't sit down for a long period of time! After reading the side effects related to this medication I am putting the back pain down to this medication and will definitely be stopping it!"

Lissie2017 February 16, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I have taken Lozartan 50 mgs for about 2 years. I had to stop . I am with left leg and back pain for 2 month. It is a side effect. Doctor prescribe me another one yesterday. All I can say is that lozartan has too many side effects."

rubia linda February 12, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Switched to this since Lisinopril made me cough like a barking seal. It keeps the bp in check, however, after taking this medication for several months I have developed serious side effects, including weight gain --up 20 pounds since started taking, high blood potassium, moderate dehydration, numbness, orthostatic hypotension (probably from the dehydration). No one told me about the potassium issue, wasn't warned by the pharmacist, the doctor, had to look this up on the internet. My vitamin C supplement contains electrolytes and this is a contributing factor. REALLY, REALLY think this potassium issue should be on the label of each bottle. Along with CAUSES weight gain. Very important for those of use with specific health issues."

Fat and unhappy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 9, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "49 years old - I have been taking losartan krka 50mg for 3 weeks so far with no side effects at all and blood pressure from 140/90 is now between 114/78 - 118/79, I check daily 4 times, I eat chicken meat with no skin 3 times a week , walking 30-40 minutes minimum 5 days a week, no salt, no sweets no alcohol and no coffee or tea, I eat oatmeal with skim milk and sunflower seeds for breakfast, brown rice with boiled vegetables, various beans, peas, walnuts, oranges, apples, avocados, beetroots, potatoes and drinking 8-10 glasses water daily and avoiding stress, hopefully my next visit to the doctor will lower my dose to 25mg and see if I can have a coffee once a day and maybe a glass of red wine 1-2 times a week..so far so good..!!"

george18cy January 31, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "Started taking losartan on Saturday January 23rd, 2016. After my 3rd daily dose of 50 milligram, I developed a dry cough that lasted approximately 6 hours, and I was coughing about every 3 minutes. I coughed so hard that eventually had blood spotting in my spit. I developed a massive headache and I was vomiting. Over the night I developed a high temperature of approximately 102.2 degrees. I went to Urgent Care for some medical attention and told of all the side effects I was having which were as follows; heart rate was increased from approximately 78 beats per minute - 114 beats per minute. Had increased blood pressure of 160 / 104. Had pain in jaw and right bicep. I was urinating approximately every 20 minutes. And more horror!"

mr. sick (taken for less than 1 month) January 28, 2016