User Reviews for Linagliptin

Also known as: Tradjenta

Learn more about Linagliptin.

Diabetes, Type 2 29 reviews 141 medications

4.8
Summary of Linagliptin reviews 29 reviews 4.8

Reviews for Linagliptin

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been type 1 diabetic for almost 30 years, My doctor felt that my blood sugars were going to low so he wanted me to try Tradjenta (tradjenta isn't for type 1 diabetes!) Before I started taking this medicine my BS was 89, I had lunch my BS shot up to 345 & only went up from there, once my BS hit 500 I started getting sick, I quit taking Tradjenta & started taking my insulin again & can not get BS back under control & I can't contact my doctor because he took a week's vacation but he will hear about this when he gets back in the office. My advice is DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE IF YOU ARE TYPE 1 !!!!!!!!!"

MtnMiller (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Took for three weeks and became totally debilitated with joint pain, swelling of ankles and hands. Some days could not use hands and barely able to walk."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Hi. I am from Canada.. I am diabetic for 40 tears ..on insulin... on tradjenta 5 mg for over 1 year I felt improvement.... no side effect.... my insulin is lower"

satnarine (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been taking linaglitine for the last 10 month. It is useful but itching all my body. Lost some the appetite. Makes me tired."

Rehmania January 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on Tradjenta for 90 days. I have gained 13 pounds, my daily fasting numbers are up by 20 points, my joints and back ache regularly, I have diarrhea several times a day and I have no energy. Today I called my doctor with all of these side effects and he told me to stop the medication and keep track of my daily fasting blood sugar. Wish I could do it on my own, with NO drugs!!!"

12969nah (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Been on Tradjenta for 10 days. Daily blood checks show an increase of 40 points, up to 163, higher than I ever had before on Onglyza which was hurting my kidneys. Disappointed, because I am hard-core compliant."

Pal71 October 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I take metformin/glipizide and my doctor added tradjenta 5mg. I took it and within an hour I was dizzy, had bad headache for over 12 hours, back pain and nausea. It did lower my blood sugar a little but these side effects were overwhelming. Not going to continue with this medication."

Bcotto50 October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have been on 5 mg Trajenta a day for about a month. My levels have gone from 130 and up to less than 120, with lower numbers in the 80's (which I NEVER had before). No side effects yet. Not sure if my insurance covers Trajenta as my doctor gave me free samples to get started. But now that I'll be getting a prescription, my doctor gave me a "savings card" from Trajenta that is supposed to lower the cost to as little as $10 a month. Haven't had to use it yet tho, so I don't know exactly what I'll be paying."

LDL1978 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Extreme diarrhea with no warning, very rancid and loud belching with no warning, headaches, joint pain, chills, fevers sometimes, weight gain"

Denalidame (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "On tradjenta after being forced off my januvia by my insurance company. Taken for 2 days now, and it seems not to be working. Testing at about 500 two hours after meals, has yet to come down below 250. Going back to doctors in 2 weeks if there is no change."

sweetmisery (taken for less than 1 month) November 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I was taking Januvia, but my insurance will no longer cover it so I was then switched to Trajenta. I take 5mg Trajenta with Metformin daily. My blood sugar is not as low or stable as it was with the Januvia and I am having very bad muscle and joint pain, severe headaches, back pain and weakness. I never had these symptoms previously so it must be the Trajenta. I never associated the problems to this medication until I read an article on it. I will be contacting my doctor regarding this medication."

dkyllo1625 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 4, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I got metformin intolerance & was not believed by doctors so I took pics extremely heavy nose bleeding & so then they said stop metformin, take tradjenta 25mg with gliclazide 40mg twice a day. The Tradjenta took about two days to work, then I took it 3pm with blood sugars 8.2 and in one hour I got a drop to 4.3. Since then I have noticed afternoon headaches, dizzyness, back pain but still taking them as they reduce my blood sugar with effort, stop me dozing after eating. I do get slight tenderness around pancreas but usually stop the Tradjenta for two days & restart. I find the gliclazide irritates my pancreas and stomach more. Overall very good product shame we can only take once a day."

Mikeyoung June 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for : "My blood sugars were doing good at first but now being my second month they are higher than they ever have been. Not sure what is going on and am having some on and off abdominal pain. Such a bummer I want it to work so I don't have to inject every time I eat. I have mody 2 diabetes so it is different than type one or two."

mody2mom May 16, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "My blood sugar has slowly been decreasing. Each time I check it points are dropping. I'm pretty sure it's the medicine because I've not really changed anything else. My sugar is usually high hardly ever low so I'm more hyperglycemia."

Amy Buchanan (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "This broke my appetite especially for junk food. Lost weight at 5mg/day. Made neck skinny! Increases the potency of gliperide. Only take 2.5mg Trajenta and 5mg gliperide with pill cutter. 90-100 blood sugar with much decreased spikes after meals, almost as if it repaired my body's regulation. Exercise daily. Better than Metformin, can have 1 beer now. Gas is worst current issue (from gliperide)."

Newer Is Better (taken for less than 1 month) September 1, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Just started taking medication, been on it for three days. Have problems with diarrhea."

enne (taken for less than 1 month) July 26, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "I have episodes of dizziness and extreme hunger. I'm waiting for my next doctor visit to discuss these. Other than that, I feel O.K."

serena46 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Using Tradjenta as a Byetta replacement. Byetta never lowered blood glucose but made me feel much better. Tradjenta similar to Byetta also gives me good energy and non-sick feeling. No feeling of constantly having to urinate. Not sleepy after meals. Take Tradjenta with metformin and have also used insulin Apidra, but insulin doesn't seem to help me much. Only on day 5 but noticed the positive effects after day one."

Dave666 March 18, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "3 weeks now, so far no problems."

Lamoon March 13, 2013

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Have had stiff ankles, digestion problems, some vomiting, some dizziness, went to Doctor for sinus problems didn't need medicine but I think it is related to the Tradjenta, increase acne on face, cough and increased sinus drainage. "

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 1, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "No problems taking this product."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 1, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "A1C increased by almost 2 points (7.0 to 8.0)"

Anonymous July 26, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Interesting results which vary from day to day. Have had higher than usual blood sugar readings on some days. Have taken Tradjenta only 3 weeks. Deleted almost all carbs from diet and had better blood sugar results. 124 vs. 143 upon rising. Also eat an earlier dinner, and no snacking after dinner. Resulted in 124 reading in morning. Will take for a month and decide if I will continue."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 28, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "After two weeks, increase in blood sugar by 50 and back pain from day one, I will finish this month and see."

Anonymous April 27, 2012

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tradjenta (linagliptin) for Diabetes, Type 2: "Itching all over body then rash on eyelids. Very short of breath. "

Ann War March 28, 2012