User Reviews for Human papillomavirus vaccine to treat Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis

Also known as: Gardasil 9

Human papillomavirus vaccine has an average rating of 5.7 out of 10 from a total of 36 ratings for the treatment of Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis. 47% of those users who reviewed Human papillomavirus vaccine reported a positive effect, while 42% reported a negative effect.

Human papillomavirus vaccine Rating Summary

5.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 2 medications used in the treatment of Human Papillomavirus Prophylaxis.

39% 14
6% 2
6% 2
33% 12

Reviews for Human papillomavirus vaccine

Annie · Taken for less than 1 month January 21, 2021

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “My daughter had the 1st Gardasil 9 injection 6 years ago at the age of 13. Within 6 months developed ulcerative colitis which is an auto immune disease. Never had an problems before the vaccine. I do not recommend this vaccine, my daughter has been through a nightmare the last 6 years with this disease.”

Frack January 11, 2021

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “I had no bad effects, this in hindsight was probably one of the smartest decisions I made, got the vaccine at age 28, and I’m 33 now, male. I’ve been having sex with a woman who told me after 3 weeks that she has a bad strain of HPV, so I was relieved to know I’m probably immune to it. That being said, I’m not sure if I have had bad effects since I do have some minor health issues since then. If I read the bad reviews I probably wouldn’t have got the vaccine since I think, as a man, getting warts is better than being in complete agony like some of the reviews describe. Pro choice, do your research and decide, it was a lucky & good decision for me, so far....”

Strongminded · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 9, 2020

“My 12 year old son received his 2nd shot December 2020 ( 1st one 6 months prior) as the Nurse was giving him the injection he was literally growling with pain. He did not move but I could tell it hurt him immediately after it was done his whole body started shaking and it wouldn’t stop, he had no control. The nurse then said we had to stay for a while to make sure he was okay. I started rubbing the arm trying to make him feel better. He said stop it hurt to bad. 10/10 was his pain level and he will not receive that last shot. That completely scared me. I am a married mom of 6 sons and he is my youngest. This has never happened before... I’m not gonna see what a 3 shot will do”

mike0 November 13, 2020

“Great vaccine. HPV is something you don't want to get. Most cervical is a result of HPV which is everywhere. Plus you can avoid getting warts. Didn't have any side effects.”

AF · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 2, 2020

“I had my 1st dose of HVP vaccine early this year January 2020. After a day of receiving this I had fever, and followed after days of body chills, excruciating headache, sore throat, nausea, heart palpitation, erratic heartbeats. Days and Months of suffering, I went for cardiologist consultation, and done all the test they required. All my blood test and investigation came back normal. I never get my 2nd dose of vaccine. Up to now September 2020, I still experienced body chills but the rest of the symptom's was gone. I will not recommend this vaccine to anyone ”

Kellan August 19, 2020

“Good overall experience, slight muscle soreness for around 2 days (nothing that hindered me). Injection itself was one of the more painful vaccines but still very mild in the grand scheme of things. An important thing to keep in mind, people are MUCH more likely to write negative reviews than positive ones because the successes are expected and otherwise unremarkable.”

Helen · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “My daughter received the first dose, at two weeks after, began problems in her eyes. Her eyes began to burn a lot, she cried from burning. Now she had to constantly use drops to relieve her discomfort. It is a great risk to expose our children for this. ”

Anonymous December 10, 2019

“shot 1 of 3 I felt kind of sick, no big deal shot 2 of 3 I had to take off work, all of my joints ached and I threw up from 10 pm to 3 am shot 3 of 3 I didn't have any problems other than soreness of the injection site. Weird thing is that it has been a month since the shot and my arm hurts again. The shot itself doesn't really hurt that much if the person administering it knows what they are doing. The 2nd and 3rd shot itself didn't hurt, the 1st one really hurt”

Parl September 17, 2019

“Got my third dosage recently. Went fine. Don't read the other reviews unless you want to freak yourself out, the vaccine is actually one of the least painful ones I've ever gotten.”

Schotzie August 22, 2019

“My family physician finally talked me into giving my son Gardasil his first shot one week before he started his freshman year of college. I am very much for vaccinations but this one made me pause for years.... My son became very sick with 24 hours after the shot. Unfortunately, we did not put two and two together. So when it was time for the second injection, we did it. BIG mistake! He became so sick. Fever, chills, excruciating headache, extreme weight loss, extremely sore throat, nausea... He was 6” tall and 165lbs. He lost 26 pounds in 2 months after receiving this vaccine. We took him to multiple doctors to find out what was going on. They thought he had MONO, but all tests came back negative. He struggled with all of these symptoms for over four months. I immediately realized it was all due to this vaccine. We did not allow him to have the third one. God only knows what would have happened. Please think long and hard before giving your child this terrible vaccine.”

Anonymous Patient · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2019

“The HPV vaccine hurts pain level 8/10. Never experienced this pain with any sort of Vaccine apart from HPV. Received shot on monday and since then been getting constant chills, high fever, diarrhea, and joint pain for the past 48 hours. And swelling, pain, and redness around site of injection. ”

dubdub July 31, 2019

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “I received the second shot yesterday and it was VERY painful. My arm is still sore today. I'm dreading the 3rd shot. It is the most painful vaccine I have ever received and I'm 43 years old.”

tammy · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 7, 2018

“My daughter has gotten 2 of the 3 HPV shots and has since gotten very sick with numerous symptoms which include bumps on her legs from knees down, chronic sore throats, very bad hives, bottoms of her feet hurting to the point she can't walk. Needless to say she will not be getting the 3rd shot”

Mls1401 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2018

“ I have gotten all three of my HPV vaccines. I actually got my first two shots earlier, and just now got my third one lol. I had no side effects for the first two except a sore arm, I got my third one today and so far I only have a sore arm on this one as well. It seems the injections do hurt worse with each shot, the third shot hurt VERY badly when I got it. I see a lot of negative things about these shots, but it did not change me, it did not permanently do damage or anything like that. I would recommend this shot for sure!”

Allie July 29, 2018

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “I received the shots of a course over a year when I was 14. I still ended up getting HPV actually one of the strains it’s supposed to prevent. I had a pre cancerous cell frozen off my cervix at 18. I’ve heard nothing but bad things about this. Luckily being young my HPV went away on its on. I’m pro vax but this is one vaccine i will not let my kids get. People do your research and by research I mean look at multiple sources and reviews.”

Sophie May 25, 2018

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “I received two doses of gardasil and it was all fine. But the third one gave me dizziness and an infection in the vagina and in the mouth that does not go away. Also I feel that I am fainting all the time. I feel horrible. Not to mention all the GI problems It has been horrible. I really hope that my health gets better after all this pain. I received the third shot two weeks ago.”

Anonymous January 4, 2018

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “My Daughter got 2 of the 3. She now has hashimoto's. Not saying it was the shots. I am saying she was perfectly healthy before the shots as far as a preteen can be. She is the kindest, most caring child I know. She did get a headache, felt dizzy, and slept after receiving the first shot. She did not tell me and no one informed me until later of this. She never had a weight problem either until after the second shot. She still has not started her Period. Yet she has grown breast and is 5'5" tall and still growing. In the last 9 months she has grown 5 inches! Really?! Who does that?!. She refuses to take medicine and I agree with her decision, even if she is only 13 years old. I believe her body will heal on its own. With proper care.”

squipper November 21, 2017

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “I'm 18 years old and just got my first one today along with two other shots which were required for school. Hurt like hell compared to the other two. Maybe less than a minute after I started to feel dizzy, nauseous, vision blurred, had difficulty breathing, threw up... Nearly fainted, had to be brought to a bed via wheelchair. Probably the worst I have ever felt. Hours later, can barely move my arm without feeling pain, even though the other arm (which got two shots) feels fine. I'm not going to say no one should get this - fainting is obviously better than cancer. I personally would not do it again, especially considering I do not plan to have sex later in life.”

Mother 64 August 21, 2017

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “My daughter's health deteriorated after the first dose of this vaccine, that was back in 2010. My previously very healthy girl has suffered continuously ever since with severe and chronic pain, fatigue, dizziness, weakness, food intolerances, nausea, hair loss, light and noise sensitivity, bleeds and bruises very easily, developed a large and painful Ovarian cyst, daily headaches, short term memory loss amongst many more distressing symptoms. She has lost out on her entire secondary school education and is unable to lead a normal life in any way.”

Liz92 February 25, 2017

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “My first shot was in junior high I was on the cheer team and very athletic, a few weeks after the first shot I was always dizzy, bright lights made my eyes tear up for no reason, I had horrible headaches that I still have today, I was and still am always tired for no reason. I have auto immune problems ( lupus sle has been suggested ) I have horrible GI problems which I pay out of pocket for every 3 months to see my GI. I have bleeding ulcers that have been treated and tested but don't go away. I constantly have diarrhea, severe upset stomach, I have mild tremors that has been related to my head aches. My youngest son was born with stomach problems now ( hasn't been proven to be related to gardasil ) I'm 24 with all these problems”

Jenna46 · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 21, 2016

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “I had the Gardasil when I was 14 I had zero side effects besides a sore arm. I have no complaints, Its done it job!”

Brenda L February 10, 2016

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “I don't recommend this shot to anyone!!! Especially, if you plan on having kids in the future. It caused my daughter to become sterile. At the ripe age of 19 years old, she is told she is going through menopause and will never have kids on her own.”

eb24 January 14, 2016

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “This shot ruined my life. After recieving this vaccine I began to pass out up to ten times a day. I couldn`t do anything because I would faint without warning. Now I have horrible tremors, GI problems, and daily joint pain. I have heard other people have had these same effects from this vaccine. My doctor was very pushy about getting this vaccine. I would never recommend this vaccine.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month December 17, 2015

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “Got the first shot today. Felt nauseous after 15-20 mins and diarrhea. Arm still stings a little bit after a few hours.”

MC_91 · Taken for less than 1 month October 25, 2015

Gardasil 9 (human papillomavirus vaccine): “I'm 24 and received the shot. Although painful (stinging), I experienced no extreme side effects as mentioned in numerous reviews. It was quick and I plan on returning to receive my second, then third.”