User Reviews for Mucinex D Maximum Strength

Cough and Nasal Congestion
6.1

Summary of Mucinex D Maximum Strength reviews 6.1 15 reviews

Reviews for Mucinex D Maximum Strength

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Took some paracetamol and ibuprofen while I was at work and they lasted 8 hours. Tried for first time Mucinex max, it did absolutely nothing. Cost over 3 times the price and does nothing for me... complete waste of money. Just use basic super cheap ibuprofen and paracetamol, actually works to stop 99% of nose and cough based colds (for me at least)"

Lilith (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "No complaints, my husband left to go to the pharmacy at 2am to pick up anything to bring me comfort. I've had flu like symptoms since last Wednesday, got through the worst but now left conquering thick phlegm that I'd have to cough so hard to try to get out my head felt swollen and my eyes would get burning hot bringing on horrible throat and headache. Ok so took this at 2:15am and within a half hour I was asleep, and slept until I had to take my children to school at 8:30am. This has made the mucus so much easier to get "up and out" I do not have to hack so hard. For my experience this has helped so much I wish I had taken this a full day earlier. He also got me the day/night pack, I plan on taking the night pill at about 7pm being that I hope I can make it to work tomorrow and want plenty of sleep. I feel sleepy now even with my 215am dose. I am normally very sensitive to medications but have not experienced high heart rate, dizziness or nausea. I would buy again."

NatHames February 19, 2018

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "It did the job of relieving my sore throat and massive headache. The bad thing is that I felt like a drugged up zombie the entire night. Had to call out of work cause of the insomnia :("

Blublu (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Took mucinex D for 7 days have had trouble sleeping but it worked awesome for my cough and congestion. I was told by Doctor I had influenza which is no fun at all. Thought I was dieing never been so sick."

Iroclady February 7, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "The label states 12 hour relief. It worked great for the 1st 4 1/2 hrs. Now I can't take another dose for 12 hrs? Seriously? So what am I suppose to do? Over priced product that doesn't seem to work. Will not be buying this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Serious relief from an aggravating cough that had me physically drained and in pain. But this is day two and 2:12am and yesterday I had maybe two hours accumulated sleep. Cannot switch my brain off and I desperately want to sleep!!! I suggest a day break between where you use DayQuil/NyQuil unless you want to experience what seems to me a crack addict feels."

TawnyaG February 1, 2017

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I felt like I was going to die.. I took the recommended doses for 12 and over and I almost felt like I was going to die I was so dizzy throwing up for 2 hours never again will I take this medicine. Check these reviews."

Helpphlem (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took the liquid version at work one day to help with my cough and it worked better than I thought and faster than the pills. Although, I was sleepy all day and I don't recall reading the words "may cause drowsiness" on the bottle. Perhaps they were there and I did no see them."

Alyssa M. July 20, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I hardly ever get sick and I been working out of town and I started having sinus and breathing problems I went to a Walgreens and the pharmacist recommend this and told me about side effects and you need to drink alot and it does mess with your sleep but I don't feel tired either I'd rather feel better and live with a couple days of minor side effects than to be miserable"

I'll use again (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "This was heavennnnnnn... i was very sick on my chest. Two doses and i feel way better and also kinda drugged and dizzy but it is a relief. :)"

MONIQUIiiTA March 30, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Its been 8 hours I took the second dose and I feel no different, my throat started hurting more after I took it the first time and horrible acidic stomach pain after the second dose. I am not sure if I should wait until the 24 hours.. but so far I'm not liking this medicine."

Chikiiiz February 16, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I love Mucinex. I was at the store debating which expectorant to buy because I had so much phlegm in my nose and throat. By looking at the ingredients, Mucinex has a higher dosage of expectorant and cough suppressant versus other brands. I needed something really strong! I took one tablet before I slept and then when I woke up in the morning, the phlegm was almost fully gone!! I was going the whole week without this and unable to breathe. Will definitely take this the next time I get a cold. Only downside is that it's costly compared to other brands... But you get what you pay for [:"

Jennyyy (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I've had pretty bad sinus congestion start and bronchitis is going around my family so I immediately got on Mucinex. The regular Mucinex wasn't doing anything for me (blue box). I bought the maximum strength D and it's been a game changer. I can breath through my nose and I don't feel plugged up at all. I had no trouble sleeping last night BUT I also have to take Melatonin to sleep every night so maybe it off set the jitters some people report. I'm very happy with it. I will keep taking until this is gone."

Sniffles1987 (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Been sick for couple days with a horrible cold was recommended Mucinex. I bought Mucinex 600 Guafenesen extended release bi layered and it made me worse. I've been up all night but 930 in the morning and I haven't slept a wink. Sleep is what helps heal and this does the opposite. I feel worse and I've had a pounding headache for 10 hours now. I'm very disappointed in this medication it should've said non drowsy on the box I would've never purchased it. $30.00 to feel like crap. It completely ruined my day if I want to be up all night I would've just drank a $1.00 cup of coffee."

R_jack December 25, 2015

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "My doctor told me that the key to mucinex working effectively is to take it with a full 8 oz of water and then keep drinking water throughout the day. The water is what helps thin it out. If I don't drink plenty of water with it it doesn't work. When I do it often works all day and night. I take it early in the day because it does keep me awake. I hope this helps, good luck & I hope you feel better. * use a humidifier too, the moisture in the air keeps you from drying out."

Lionfalls (taken for 10 years or more) December 18, 2015

More about Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine)

Other brands: Maxifed, Entex T, Poly-Vent IR, Pseudovent, ... +9 more