User Reviews for Mucinex D Maximum Strength

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Mucinex D Maximum Strength.

Cough and Nasal Congestion
6.3

Summary of Mucinex D Maximum Strength reviews 6.3 13 reviews

Reviews for Mucinex D Maximum Strength

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "It did the job of relieving my sore throat and massive headache. The bad thing is that I felt like a drugged up zombie the entire night. Had to call out of work cause of the insomnia :("

Blublu (taken for less than 1 month) August 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Took mucinex D for 7 days have had trouble sleeping but it worked awesome for my cough and congestion. I was told by Doctor I had influenza which is no fun at all. Thought I was dieing never been so sick."

Iroclady February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "The label states 12 hour relief. It worked great for the 1st 4 1/2 hrs. Now I can't take another dose for 12 hrs? Seriously? So what am I suppose to do? Over priced product that doesn't seem to work. Will not be buying this again."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Serious relief from an aggravating cough that had me physically drained and in pain. But this is day two and 2:12am and yesterday I had maybe two hours accumulated sleep. Cannot switch my brain off and I desperately want to sleep!!! I suggest a day break between where you use DayQuil/NyQuil unless you want to experience what seems to me a crack addict feels."

TawnyaG February 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I felt like I was going to die.. I took the recommended doses for 12 and over and I almost felt like I was going to die I was so dizzy throwing up for 2 hours never again will I take this medicine. Check these reviews."

Helpphlem (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I took the liquid version at work one day to help with my cough and it worked better than I thought and faster than the pills. Although, I was sleepy all day and I don't recall reading the words "may cause drowsiness" on the bottle. Perhaps they were there and I did no see them."

Alyssa M. July 20, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I hardly ever get sick and I been working out of town and I started having sinus and breathing problems I went to a Walgreens and the pharmacist recommend this and told me about side effects and you need to drink alot and it does mess with your sleep but I don't feel tired either I'd rather feel better and live with a couple days of minor side effects than to be miserable"

I'll use again (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "This was heavennnnnnn... i was very sick on my chest. Two doses and i feel way better and also kinda drugged and dizzy but it is a relief. :)"

MONIQUIiiTA March 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Its been 8 hours I took the second dose and I feel no different, my throat started hurting more after I took it the first time and horrible acidic stomach pain after the second dose. I am not sure if I should wait until the 24 hours.. but so far I'm not liking this medicine."

Chikiiiz February 16, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I love Mucinex. I was at the store debating which expectorant to buy because I had so much phlegm in my nose and throat. By looking at the ingredients, Mucinex has a higher dosage of expectorant and cough suppressant versus other brands. I needed something really strong! I took one tablet before I slept and then when I woke up in the morning, the phlegm was almost fully gone!! I was going the whole week without this and unable to breathe. Will definitely take this the next time I get a cold. Only downside is that it's costly compared to other brands... But you get what you pay for [:"

Jennyyy (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "I've had pretty bad sinus congestion start and bronchitis is going around my family so I immediately got on Mucinex. The regular Mucinex wasn't doing anything for me (blue box). I bought the maximum strength D and it's been a game changer. I can breath through my nose and I don't feel plugged up at all. I had no trouble sleeping last night BUT I also have to take Melatonin to sleep every night so maybe it off set the jitters some people report. I'm very happy with it. I will keep taking until this is gone."

Sniffles1987 (taken for less than 1 month) January 6, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "Been sick for couple days with a horrible cold was recommended Mucinex. I bought Mucinex 600 Guafenesen extended release bi layered and it made me worse. I've been up all night but 930 in the morning and I haven't slept a wink. Sleep is what helps heal and this does the opposite. I feel worse and I've had a pounding headache for 10 hours now. I'm very disappointed in this medication it should've said non drowsy on the box I would've never purchased it. $30.00 to feel like crap. It completely ruined my day if I want to be up all night I would've just drank a $1.00 cup of coffee."

R_jack December 25, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Cough and Nasal Congestion "My doctor told me that the key to mucinex working effectively is to take it with a full 8 oz of water and then keep drinking water throughout the day. The water is what helps thin it out. If I don't drink plenty of water with it it doesn't work. When I do it often works all day and night. I take it early in the day because it does keep me awake. I hope this helps, good luck & I hope you feel better. * use a humidifier too, the moisture in the air keeps you from drying out."

Lionfalls (taken for 10 years or more) December 18, 2015

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

More about Mucinex D Maximum Strength (guaifenesin / pseudoephedrine)

Other brands: Pseudovent, Entex PSE, Robitussin Severe Congestion, Entex T, ... +9 more

Professional resources