User Reviews for Ganciclovir ophthalmic

Also known as: Zirgan

Herpes Simplex Dendritic Keratitis
8.2

Renee · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 18, 2020

Zirgan (ganciclovir) for Herpes Simplex Dendritic Keratitis: “I squeeze one drop on to the end of a Q-tip. Then apply gel into eye by pulling down lower lid and sliding Q-tip on edge of lower lid for gel. Easy.”

Justin · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 14, 2018

Zirgan (ganciclovir) for Herpes Simplex Dendritic Keratitis: “This is the best thing for yours eyes if you suffer from this. The only downside is $280 a tube. The money is worth it !!”

Js121 · Taken for less than 1 month October 27, 2015

Zirgan (ganciclovir) for Herpes Simplex Dendritic Keratitis: “I am back to talk about my 16 month son. Actually this medication seens to work really well. After the first day using 5 drops daily I already notice the improvement. Now it's been a week since we started him on Zirgan I took him to the doctor yesterday and the lesions on his eye are healed. He still has some sensitivity to light but I'm really happy with the results. Now we're going to start him on prolensa x2 daily. Hopefully by the end of the week he'll be a 100% again.”

Anonymous September 5, 2010

Zirgan (ganciclovir) for Herpes Simplex Dendritic Keratitis: “I got this medicine after viral infection post surgery. The medicine worked well enough ONCE I got it into my eye. It was very difficult to get the drops out of the bottle without getting too much. The drops would just hang on the end. Very infuriating.”

Babsy Green eyes July 7, 2015

Zirgan (ganciclovir) for Herpes Simplex Dendritic Keratitis: “I appreciate this drug. It is an improvement over previous products used for this condition. Using this product 5 times a day with 2 refills (about a 2 week treatment course) at the out of pocket expense of nearly $1000.00, it certainly could be more effective. I have to choose between eating or retaining my eyesight, both of which are quality of life issues. Please work on the cost of this drug for the consumer!”

Jks 123 October 19, 2015

Zirgan (ganciclovir) for Herpes Simplex Dendritic Keratitis: “I just started Zirgan today for my 16 month son. Very frustrating that he was on viroptic for 3 weeks and steroid eye drop for 1 week but the infection came back. Hopefully this new drug will work, I don't want him to lose his vision. His been fighting this for over 1 month now. First time we find out we took him to the hospital he stayed there for 1 week with IV medications. His eyes is swollen, red, very sensitive to light with watery discharge. I got a free sample from my doctor but seems that won't last long, even though I got the drop on his eyes was very difficult to come out for been a gel and he is a baby keep moving what makes difficult to get the drop in without squeezing too much.”