User Reviews for Monurol to treat Bladder Infection

Monurol has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 28 ratings for the treatment of Bladder Infection. 43% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 54% reported a negative effect.

Monurol Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 65 medications used in the treatment of Bladder Infection.

Reviews for Monurol

Dino · Taken for less than 1 month July 22, 2021

“OMG, one of the WORST medications that I've ever taken. I had the beginnings of a UTI, and the NP at my clinic prescribed the single dose sachet. Within 1/2 hour, it was like a colonoscopy prep for almost 2 hours. Was ok overnight, but this morning I'm still running to the bathroom without warning. Imodium is barely touching the gut spasms and urgency. Haven't been able to eat much, as it goes right "out". This is going on the "do not fly" list for me, and I'll use something else suggested by my naturopath.”

Eleanor · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 6, 2021

“This is about the fourth time I have used Monorol. Started fine and couldn’t believe how quickly it worked. I now find whenever I take Monorol I suffer from stomach pain and bloating about 2 weeks after. I am not only having that problem but now pain in right kidney and waking up nightly with it. Don’t know what I will do next as have found anti biotics in the past have made me ill.”

jmdjmd · Taken for less than 1 month March 6, 2021

“Amazing. Suffered E.Coli infection of bladder for weeks getting treated with various antibiotics, which did nothing. Given eight sachets of Monurol to blitz the problem and I have never looked back, the relief after three doses was amazing never felt so happy.”

Lroos1 · Taken for less than 1 month March 25, 2013

“Thank God, for this wonderful medication. I am allergic to literally every other medicine that may be used to treat bladder infections, I have allergies to almost all antibiotics making it very difficult to treat me when I get sick. I was told by my Dr there were no other options literally to treat me with when he took one last look before having to admit me to hospital for I.V. treatment when he said wait, there is one option left called Monurol and he prescribed it, I was a little hesitant at first due to the fact it is only a single dose treatment but I was wrong. Monurol started taking symptoms away in 5 hours after treatment, and by day 3 completely cured my severe urinary tract infection. This medicine is amazing. Thank God for Monurol.”

Julieeg · Taken for less than 1 month March 27, 2020

“Absolutely amazing!! I'm allergic to PCN, macrobid, Sulfa,Cephalosporins,quinolones and erythromycin. I had a urine culture show E. Coli at the beginning of January, susceptible to everything but I'm allergic to everything. I took almost 2 rounds of macrobid but had to stop due to extreme SOB and throat tightening. I took D mannose and cranberry for 2 months with no improvement. The pain got so bad a doc I work with sent in Doxycycline - one pill and I broke out into hives with severe itching. I almost gave up until they sent in Monurol. It is absolutely amazing!!! Single dose a week ago and I'm completely better. No more leukocytes or flank pain. Worth the $100 with ZERO side effects. Single dose is sooooooo easy. I will refill just to have it on hand!!! Please try this it will help you!!”

TMS · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2019

“I cannot possibly tolerate many of the antibiotics used for UTI's. Cipro is a dangerous antibiotic and it's no longer the gold standard for UTI's. I love Monurol medication because it is a one stop shop for a painful UTI. You pour the orange-flavored granules into 4 oz of room-temp water. You're UTI will start to go away within approximately 45 minutes. I recommend you NOT having sugar, bread, booze nor dairy for days after using the Monurol. Reason being that the Monurol seems to only clear up around 85% of the bacteria that is causing the UTI. Therefore, you will need to do vegetable juicing and maintain a super healthy diet to allow your own immune system to kick in and help with the Monurol. The beautiful upside is that she won't have any side effects like you would with Cipro.”

Inna · Taken for less than 1 month October 9, 2020

“Lower UTI symptoms subsided 24-48 hours after taking Monurol. One dose is good for 3 days. Today is the 4th day and I don't need to take a second dose as I am relieved. However, the side effect is bothersome since I took this. I have extreme vaginal itching. Also slight abdominal tenderness and minor diarrhea. But the vaginal itching is problematic. I can't focus and can't sleep. Did anyone experience this? Is this normal? How long will I wait until this goes away? What can I do?”

Jo · Taken for less than 1 month February 29, 2020

“This is as useless as teats on a bull! I am allergic to sulfa and I've had so many UTI's, 8 last year, that every other drug is now resistant to the bacteria. This stuff costs $94 a shot. I've taken it 3 times and I feel better for maybe a week then the UTI comes back. I've done research and in many cases people taking this drug get the infection back in less than a month. I'm at my wits end. I cannot afford this medication again. My only alternative is to go into the hospital for an IV! After doing research I've found that a high percentage of women getting UTIs can trace them back to an over the counter drug widely used for GERD. Esomeprazole which I've been taking for years. It effects the kidneys causing many women, especially in my age bracket, 77 years old, to get reoccurring bladder infections and in some cases, kidney failure! It is impossible to stop this med cold turkey but, unfortunately, there really is no other treatment for GERD. This is so depressing.”

Christitis August 18, 2015

“Don't know what I would do without Monurol. I get a small supply from Spain whenever I go there (or ask a friend to bring some back for me) because it is available without a prescription there and I can't get it in the UK. I keep a packet with me wherever I go, just in case I get a cystitis attack. Maybe only twice a year but oh the relief take it as soon as an attack starts and it is effective within two or three hours. Many other antibiotics just don't work for me. This has worked for me every time, thank God.”

IBJK · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2020

“Monurol works right away. Take it before bed and you're a new person the next morning. Doctors in US don't prescribe it, so I get mine in Eastern Europe, no prescription needed. Please be wise stay away from sweet and spicy, salty, marinated food for a long while to help your body recuperate after the infection.”

FireworksPrincess · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 24, 2018

“I love Monural! I have had a constant battle with UTIs, some landed me in the hospital, so I was put on Monural, It's great! I have my life back! This drug actually works! Thank you Monural creators! ”

Smec · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2019

“My dr gave Monurol to me over a week ago for urine infection, I took it, excited I would start feeling better over the weekend. I felt better for about a day and a half . Then it got worse!!!! My dr sent me for tests because she thought maybe something else was wrong , but as I waited for results, the pain became unbearable and I bagged for a new Rx . She gave me a second dose of this - two days after taking it I felt like I was getting better.!! This morning however - my back is in so much pain , I’m pretty sure the infection has spread to my kidneys. I tried to be proactive - the second I noticed the bladder infection symptoms to AVOID a kidney infection , as I have had one once before and I guess the jokes on me . If I need to go on another med it will not be this one!!!!”

Diya April 25, 2019

“Monurol worked for like 2 days only! Burning came back, foul smell in urine came back after the 3rd day. Will not recommend this medication. It gave me the worst diarrhea of my life. First, I was dealing with infection now I have to deal with diarrhea as well. My dr will be prescribing another set of antibiotics. What a waste of my time and money.”

P.K.S · Taken for less than 1 month May 15, 2018

“When the doctor prescribed me this I thought "Woah, how simple? How has no other Doctor prescribed me this before?" I have had enough bladder infections in my time to be well versed in the medications they commonly prescribe, so when I found this I was a bit shocked I have never heard of it. Now I know why... It made the burning sensation go away for about a half a day (which cranberry juice can also do) and it made me painfully bloated. The bladder infection was seeking vengeance the next day -- I will never touch this medication again! What a waste of time - only made things worse!”

Tommy · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2020

“My UTI seemed to improve slightly the first 24 hours after taking Monurol, but after 48 hours I had developed back pain along with a high fever. Returned to clinic and was put on Cipro which was much more effective.”

Dinelle · Taken for less than 1 month December 11, 2020

“My Dr.prescribed me a monurol along with a regular antibiotics, I take it at bedtime and the next morning all the pain while urinating is gone. It works for me there are no side effects for me.I love this drug.”

trusg September 15, 2020

“I took Monurol for first time in March 2020 and the relief I got from urine infections and urgency frequency was incredible. I went from 15 pads a day to 5 and no pelvic pain. Nitrofuratine and trimethoprim after 24 odd years not doing its job. Taken Monural today as had infections last 2 months and back on the above mentioned drugs with no joy..so Dr let me have Monuril 3g today. Fingers crossed same results.”

Erine · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2020

“Got given Monurol after taking Ciprofloxacin 500 MG 2x day without much improvement. I have Pseudomonas Aeruginosa, a type of UTI that is uncommon, especially in healthy people. I went to the hospital and was prescribed Monurol. Last night I took it and went to sleep. This morning, I don't feel any better, and my body still hurts internally. On the flip side, I have had no side effects other than numbing of the tongue for 2h upon oral administration which makes sense since I'm allergic to the fake sugar used in the packet. If fake sugars make your tongue feel numb, don't be scared if Monurol has this effect.”

Flo · Taken for less than 1 month January 30, 2021

“Horrible this Monurol my 4th day of taken it an I feel ill. My stomach is burning, pains in my kidneys, back pain, I can’t stop feeling sick have to go back to have my urine checked. Also my throat feels blocked can’t understand why they would give anyone with water infections this horrible drug will never touch it again .”

Jr · Taken for less than 1 month March 4, 2018

“I was prescribed this one dose antibiotic by my doctor. How convenient I thought. Really potent stuff that did nothing for me but made my symptoms worse. I was surprised that after 5 days, no sign of it working aside from a violent twitch in my eye, bloating, urinating up to 6 times in a row in pain and a bit of diarrhea. Also surprised not finding anything on what I have experienced. Also surprised that no one in the reviews suggests alternatives. After five days of pain, I went to my pharmacy because I was running out of toilet paper, and in the natural products section a man told me to take VitaCist, Sisu vitamine C and probiotics. After the first dose of VitaCist considerable improvement.”

jjade · Taken for less than 1 month April 6, 2017

“I have Scmidts Syndrome a severe rare autoimmune collection of diseases so I get infections too often. This did not work at all for me. I am sitting in the doctors right now waiting for a different prescription. Very disappointing as now I am sicker than yesterday instead of starting to feel better.”

sissilondra January 5, 2012

“It's marvellous! With one dose cystitis is gone!! Only problem I can't find it in UK I buy mine in Italy, where I'm from.”

Firstone · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

“Will not take Monurol again. Side effects 4 days of heavy diarrhea, bloating, mild nausea, acid stomach. First time for an infection, it went away, side effects of drug horrible for me.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month September 11, 2019

“Would not use Monurol this again felt dizzy and weak after a few minutes of taking it with little results after 3 days .Not good”

Anonymous February 27, 2017

“Works as it says. Great med.”

Bibbitybobbity April 2, 2018

“This product did not work at all for me. I felt a tiny bit better for one day then symptoms were right back and now worse.”

Ro2015 September 16, 2015

“Didn't work!”

tiredofuti · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 22, 2020

“Monurol is great for my uti’s, however I have to take cranberry pills and Hiprex to prevent them.”