User Reviews for Atripla

Learn more about Atripla.

Atripla Rating Summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 106 medications used in the treatment of HIV Infection.

Reviews for Atripla to treat HIV Infection

"It was great to bring the viral load quickly to undetectable but otherwise it was not a great experience. Was on it for about 8 months.. Head aches, fatigue, weirdest dreams, irritability, depression and almost commit suicide. Got off that drug and a few days later I started to feel like myself again..."

Mikey M March 15, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started taking Tribuss in December my Cd4 count was 450 and its end Feb my cd4 is 880 it really worked for me but the side effects on the 1st month were horrible from having hallucinations,insomnia but they getting better now the only problem is my mood swings,ever since I started taking Tribuss I feel very depressed and Tenarenz side effect are better than Tribuss"

Sashimi February 27, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Diagnosed in July 2016. I suspected it was HIV when I broke out in several(roughly 12) canker sores in Mouth. I googled this and HIV was listed as possible cause. Had no other symptoms. On August 9th before taking medication my results were Viral Count 396 and CD4 544. Been on Atripla since the 9th. As of November 11th my results were Undetectable and CD4 737. So it does work for me at least. The first few days/week I did have side effects. Basically dizziness. It was really bad first couple days. After first week I really.have not had side effects that I notice. I can't measure depression level of drug because 10 year relationship ended, diagnosed with cancer, and HIV diagnosis all same week kind of make anyone depressed. Take before bed!!"

Daniel87NY (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 25, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Diagnosed in 2006. Began treatment in 2008 while VL was still relatively low and CD4 relatively high. Dizziness, vivid dreams, and depression were among the side effects. I stopped taking Atripla in Dec 2015 because of depression. My mood began to improve. It's now nearly 12 months later, and I've been on no meds at all, and I'm still Undetectable with my highest CD4 (898) since starting treatment in 2008. I gotta say, I think that's a big vote of confidence for Atripla. Will decide my next course of action with my dr in a week."

Steve from Australia (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 18, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Worked for me. If taken as directed not missing any dose is very effective medicine for managing HIV, the side effects lessen progressively as your body gets used to it."

Ann issa October 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Got diagnosed may last year after losing a third of my body weight. Had viral load in the millions and cd4 count of 90. I kinda suspected I might have hiv from the night sweats. So got diagnosed, and put on Atripla. I had visions of throwing up all the time and a life of misery. So, I started taking this stuff, 1 a day as per docs recommendations. I chose 10pm as my time as it seemed the best for me. No side effects, no feeling sick, nothing. Within 6 months was undetectable, weight back on. Live in uk, so meds are free. There are no restrcitions, you can drink etc. Many times I've washed my pill down with a sip of wine. I feel that I am a symbiotic lifeform. I like it, feel great,my grey hairs have gone ."

Captain Spaz (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 28, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I found out in 2010 I was infected with HIV after my partner also tested tested positive. Whilst he went the route of a government program, I went to a private doctor and used my insurance from work (government plan). I was given Atripla. The first weeks were horrible. I experienced severe shortness of breath and could barely sleep. I had to sleep (at least try) sideways with the AC directly to my face. The dizziness was crazy, as if I had drank alcohol all night. My face would get red and I would feel hot. Regarding the strange dreams, well, I always had vivid dreams and nightmares all of my life, so it wasn't new. Other than that, I'm still using Atripla daily at bedtime and became undetectable within 6 months from stating."

Defiantmacho August 13, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Yow guys !!! Tested + on April '14 with VL 37,000 after a major fever event. Couldn't start early treatment because of insurance issues, needed 4 year signority with the insurance co. to apply for HIV treatment. One year later my numbers on Jan '15 were VL 119,000 and CD4 654. Started Atripla 2 years later after testing + on April '16 with VL 399,000 (10 times higher than when diagnosed) and CD4 427. After 6 weeks taking Atrilpla my numbers are VL 474 (pretty amazing drop) and CD4 440. I was pretty happy with these results but my Dr wasn't. He expected me to become undectetable as of now but asked me to continue for two more months to see more progress. Absolutely no side effects except for feeling a bit high the first week"

City_boy (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Cd4 190 went up to 400 (after a yr) now undetectable, had crazy dreams but not as much. Still struggling, crying spells and sad at times. Very ashamed & embarrassed. Meds are good overall, but i wish i neva got in this mess."

Still dealing May 19, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"In 2012 , was having black outs. I would get up in the morning and pass out, I would wake up and loss 10 to 12 hours. Did not know what was going on. Was out with friends and was having trouble talking, thought I was having a stroke. Was taken to the hospital, I was there 4 days, found our I was HIV +. Viral Load was 4 million. Organs were shutting down. Was given Atripla. Within 3 months I am undetetable and TC count was 750. I do have the Dreams, and some times night sweats. But Atripla saved my life."

Scottie 75 April 20, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Week 4 and only feel a little confused in the mornings as a side effect, it's working fantastic for me"

MAURICIO2016 (taken for less than 1 month) February 26, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've had a very difficult time with it, I suppose it's working well but the side effects are very severe. I am unable to function, the depression is unbearable and the nausea and confusion render me useless. Every time I have to take the pill I break down in tears. I haven't taken it in weeks, I'd prefer dying."

The Creationist February 15, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was nervous all day waiting for my first pill and was kind of shaking during my dinner, I took my pill right after that. Two hours later I felt relaxed, a little dizzy, my ears were hearing a whistle, my face was a little red but I was happy."

mauricio2016 February 4, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was diagnosed with HIV/Aids in the late part of April of 2015. At the time I knew nothing about the infection but soon after I became even more ill the infection attacked my heart. I stayed in the hospital for six months, which at the time my CD4 was only 3 and my viral load was like 3million. I was really close to death. But I got this great doctor who thought Atripla would work for me so I started the pill. So when I left the hospital in October my CD4 had come up slowly to 89 and viral was at 100,000. Since then I have relearned to walk and every thing. Its January and presently I'm Undetectable and CD4 is at 500. There was a time as well for about a week where I had stopped taking the meds due to insurance stuff. All and all turned ok"

Treal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 24, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was diagnosed with HIV/AIDS in early October of 2015. My CD4 count was at 89 and my Viral Load up to 182,000/mL. I began taking Atripla on Nov. 10th 2015. I went in for my 6 week follow up on December 15th. After receiving my test results I was pleasantly surprised. My CD4 count had jumped to 394, and my Viral Load dropped to 2,185 - after only 6 weeks of treatment. Another thing - I actually take my pill first thing in the morning when I wake up. With my schedule, it is difficult for me to take it on an empty stomach in the evenings. I'm more prone to adhere to the pill in the AM when my stomach is already empty. I use my phone with an alarm set for every morning as a fail safe."

BB-8 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been on trivenz (Atripla) for a year. The first 6 months my CD4 went from 190 to 600 and my viral load from 440,000 to 2000. And during the month of August this year I skipped 12 days without my meds and in October my CD4 dropped to 425 and viral load was 2000. Am praying that this meds should not become resistant"

Sphi December 6, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"The only drawback to this and all HIV drugs is the expense to people without insurance."

DeeDee 4 November 5, 2015

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I tested poz on feb 8. 2008 i didn't start Atripla till 2013 my v_load was 450...cd4..was97.000...within 30days i was undetectable cd4..1400...been on this medicine for three years now an i only have short term memory lost just of little thinks i love this medicine im alive healthy an also have good people in my corner thanks Atripla your tha best"

A.trip- (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 25, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been HIV+ since 1988. Refused treatment till 1996 because I felt fine - but I abstained from penetrative sex. In 1996 I started treatment as my CD4 and Viral Load were bad!!! Fortunately I responded well to all meds over the years. Have been on Atripla for over 7 years now. Works well for me - CD4 always above 800 and VL undetectable. I take it at night because of the dizziness it causes for first few hours. My only problem now is lipodystrophy - excessive fat in abdomen area despite healthy eating and dieting. Struggling to keep weight between 180 - 190. Would love to get down to 170. I exercise daily too! Docs don't want to change my meds as I am responding well to it. No other side effects for me."

Vikings fan (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 3, 2015

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"i was diagnosed in 2009. Started atripla in 2012. No side effects that I could feel and last lab in June 2015 viral load <20 no detectable and CD4 1192. I feel great and love only having to take one pill a day"

U R not Alone (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 18, 2015

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was diagnotised with hiv in 2015, may. Doctors say I got it for few years ago, my cd4:180,viral load:37000. I started immediately with atripla. Major side effect from the first days like very dizzy, couldnt' concentrate at all, chest pressure, breath problems, stomach pain, heart beating (too fast). So I decided to see the doctor and change for something else. I got only 2 days but I can't take more. So I'm unlucky with this:/"

Cristian123 May 29, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was diagnosed last April 2014 I believe I was infected June 2013 that was the only time I experienced a really bad cold with night sweats, high temperture, chills. I thought it was just a cold. I was together with my partner for 10 years and he never disclosed that he knew. I kept on seeing billboards regarding HIV and it felt as if they were in every corner. I got tested and it came out positive in April 2014 I was freaked out. Cd4 at 450, I decided to take atripla yesterday 4/7/15 because I felt I needed for my own health I was freaked out and still am. No side affects other than drowsy at night and a bit of insomnia. Let's see how this works for my body. I pray I look normal. "

Gods chosen child April 8, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"3 months of being on Atripla,my HIV test came out -,been on it for over a year.I take it in the mornings,as I had no after effects from the beginning.It is majestic!"

Fruilatte March 5, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"i reported first in august 2014. my 6 mo labs on sept 6, 2014: CD4: 1050, VL: undetectable (<20), CD4/CD8: 0.8 but: high creatinine, somewhat elevated ALT, AST, high 3glycerides. my 10 month labs on jan 13 2015: CD4: 1080, VL: 116 (blip...), CD4/CD8: 1.2, kidneys back to normal, but: even higher ASL, ALT than last time, high 3glycerides. 12 mo labs on march 4, 2015 overall clinical situation: liver seems to be suffering (efavirenz), i get crabby and angry more easily than before, i seem disinterested in things i used to be interested before. so -- cant wait to change. doc talking about abacavir/lamivudine/nevirapine (kivexa + viramune). i asked if i can have triumeq but he doesn't like dolutegravir's unkown longterm side effects"

PUPITU (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2015

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"My started Atripila in September of 2013. I had horrible side effects for a year. And I am still fighting issues wih my counts. When my viral load goes down so does my CD4 counts. My viral load will not stay down. It varied between 30 and 60 while my CD4 counts has never been over 200."

Kansas30 February 6, 2015