User Reviews for Clomiphene

Also known as: Clomid, Milophene, Serophene

Learn more about Clomiphene.

Oligospermia 4 reviews 3 medications

Ovulation Induction 11 reviews 27 medications

7.3
Female Infertility 46 reviews 23 medications

7.3
Summary of Clomiphene reviews 61 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Clomiphene

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "So I am 25 years old I have a 4 1/2 year old son. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant the last couple years. A couple miscarriages. No luck then February 2017 my doctor prescribed me Clomid. I bought the off brand and it was only $9 . I took it every month and checked my ovulation. Then Iovulated every month around the same time. I became impatient around April and took the clomid but also took premama fertility drink , used fertility lubricant and we did every position known to man lol while ovulating. So I don't know what worked in April maybe all things together worked. But May 26, 2017 I found out that I am 5 weeks and 1 day pregnant!! We were so happy and scared. But it is now June 25th 2017 and I am 9 weeks!"

Damiansmommy June 26, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "I'm trying for a baby over 17 months after my first month of trying Clomid 50mg day 5-9 still nothing. I'm having periods regulary but no baby. Looks like doesn't work for me so far"

Maggie p009 June 23, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "2 months of clomid it didn't help me at all going to see my Gyn next week I'm not ovulating or releasing eggs and having abnormal minstrel cycles"

mrsjennings (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "The first round worked for me and I am still in shock. My OBGYN prescribed 50mg for days 5-9 of my cycle. I bought a clear blue ovulation kit and started tracking when I ovulated. The digital test is the BEST. It told me my most fertile day (day 16) and hubby and I were at it like rabbits. Around day 29 of my clycle I started having period like symptoms and thought my period was about to start. A few days later, when I had NOT started bleeding, I thought it would be best to take a pregnancy test. 7 positive pregnancy test later, and I guess you can say I am pregnant."

Preggo March 20, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "I am having PCO problem for 2 years but when I started taking this medicine my periods were normal and I conceived within 4 months. The best medicine for women with PCO issues."

Dee daniya February 7, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Oligospermia: "I had low T (305). Thought I was dying... Slow thinking, hard to recall 4 digits let alone the whole phone number. Almost lost my job it got so bad. Finally saw a hormonal heath man and he said since I was under 60 years old he didn't want to put me on testosterone patch since he tested me an I had whatever enzyme level said clomid would work. After couple months I hit 758 with serume T level much better as well. Clomid saved my life and job. I don't notice any side effects I could contribute to it. I wish I could motivate my self to workout to take even m ore advantage. I have been on it around 5 years. 6mo on, 1 off. blood tested every 6mo. I read they are starting to approve drugs specifically for men - enclomiphene"

MickeyMike30 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 14, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "I find out I wasn't ovulating at 24 years old,it was very hard for me and never thought at this young age I will have issues getting pregnant. I had an issue with my period too so my GYN prescribed clomid 50mg to take on day 4 of my period for 4 days. I took Provera to induce a period before taking the clomid. I looked up reviews on the medication and it was a success for others and not a success for some women. My period came on Thanksgiving November 24th I started taking the clomid on November 28th and did ovulation checking from day 12 day of my period. At day 28 nothing happened but my doctor encouraged me to keep tracking my ovulation and come see her at day 35 if I don't get my period. Find out I am pregnant on December 27. Wow"

FreshAj December 28, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "Im on my 3 week of clomid i ovulated the 2 and 3 week and nothing no baby yet"

Mrs 2303jennings December 22, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Female Infertility: "Me and my husband have been trying to have a child together for a few years now and no success almost a year ago I found out that I have pcos and irregular periods so I am on clomid 50mg along with metformin 500mg my. And iron tabs because or low iron opgyn told me to take the clomid on days 3-7 I'm on day four of my cycle and day 2/7 on clomid sense I been taking it I have been experiencing bloating and bad cramps I'm on my period 4/5 and I feel like its from the clomid so maybe that means its doing its job my obgyn told me to have intercourse on day 12,14,16 and sooner then that if I wanted so I really hopes this works for us I'm hearing nothing but positive things about the medication and excited to find out"

Godsgift91 (taken for less than 1 month) December 3, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Female Infertility: "After taking the fifth pill I started getting hit flashes and can't sleep. My husband and I are praying for a baby within the next month or so."

PRECIOUS V November 28, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Oligospermia: "it is important to use Clomiphene together with aromatase blocker like Anastrazole to prevent an increase of the Estradiol (E2). The described effect of "euforia" can be extended for weeks and in many cases, the BPH (Enlarged Prostate) disappear as a side effect of this combination. without aromatase blocker increased testosterone levels turn into increased E2 levels that irritate the prostate even more in cases where hypogonadism was caused by hyper-efficient aromatase process. also, many side effects are caused not by clomiphene nor testosterone but by increased E2 levels. regular control of T, E2, FH, FSH and PSA is advised. Certain levels of E2 are important for spermatogenesis and the ability to experience sexual climax in men."

Daniel Studzinski (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "My fiancé and I have been trying to conceive for four years. We are both 26 years old. Last year I was rushed into emergency surgery because I had cancerous cysts on my right ovary and cysts that had burst. After the procedure was done my doctor told me that my left ovary didn't work. It wasn't producing anything. So, he told me that that cancerous cysts were probably the cause of why we hadn't gotten pregnant yet and if in a year we still weren't pregnant to come back in. Well, one year went by and nothing. So, he prescribed me clomid and told me to take it day 1 of my period for 5 days. I am currently on day 4/5 and have had no serious side affects besides a minor headache that goes away with tylenol. I am so excited to see if this works!"

danilee22 September 13, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Oligospermia: "I tried Clomiphene to increase my low testosterone without negatively affecting sperm quality. Unfortunately, just after my second dose (25mg) I woke up at night with numbness and tingling spreading over my whole left body side, with light tingling and muscle fasciculations continuing for over a week after disconinuing the medication. This is supposedly a very rare, but known, side effect of clomiphene, and was repeatable after trying it again after a few weeks. It also seemed to cause anxiety and even minor suicidal thoughts. On the plus side, it did probably increase my physical energy levels."

jastice (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "On third round in 2013 conceived first born. Had a little bit of side effects. But changed to taking them before bed and didn't notice a difference. Trying to convince second child, on first round currently. (Have PCOS)"

MandiB123 (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Ovulation Induction: "I took clomid last January from day 1-5 of on period to induce ovulation because I have pcos therefore my periods are irregular and don't think I ovulate normally. I got pregnant the next month, unfortunely I lost my baby in May of 2016, I was about 18 weeks. So in June I got a period but kind of long one, not too sure if it was a normal period anyway, after 36 days I had another period which was on june, in July I had my period on the 25th which seems to me like a period so I took clomid again I the first day through the 29th so five day starting from day one of my period, not like day 2-3 like some do. I follow the calendar and it predicted that I will be ovulate around the 3-8th of August, I had intercouse on those day, I'm pregnant 16th"

Rc30 August 17, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "Took Clomid in early 1980's due to PCO. Gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Three years later (without clomid) a baby boy. To this day, I'm still so thankful for the drug. Don't give up, your wonderful life is waiting to happen!"

OlderMom August 6, 2016

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Female Infertility: "Didn't make me ovulate even once, and I have 3 children already I had without help, so I know I do eventually ovulate on my own. Clomid didn't help me. On a positive note I didn't get any bad side effects besides hot flashes."

Cheriebug1989 July 25, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Female Infertility: "After over a year of trying to conceive, but being unsuccessful due to pcos, my obgyn prescribed clomid to me. I had no side effects whatsoever. Even though she warned me it could make me mean, I wasn't. I didn't know if it was working for that fact alone. Did the deed many times during the ovulation period. Came up pregnant on my first dose. Everyone is different, but this was the push I needed to make a mini."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "I took Clomid for the first time last month. My husband and I tried for a year. I have a blocked Fallopian tube. I had to use estrogen medicine also because my uterine lining was too thin. Then my doctor had me use HCG shot to stimulate ovulation since Clomid can apparently mess up if/when ovulation occurs. I took the HCG shot over 2 weeks ago. I noticed some weird symptoms a few days ago and I just took multiple pregnancy tests. And I'm pregnant! So Clomid worked great for me so far. Yay!"

JZB23 (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Ovulation Induction: "I took Clomid for the first time days 5-9 and the side effects are the worst! I already have heart problems so I thought that's what was going on. I went to the ER for severe chest pain and all tests were negative. After researching I realize it's bad indigestion. I also have Fibro and am used to back pain but Clomid gave me the worst back pain I've ever felt along with nausea and migraines. I have to lay down or walk hunched over so relieve some pain. I've also been extremely fatigued.I had to nap 3 times a day for a few hours and still feel exhausted. My uterus feels so sore and heavy. I'm on cycle day 15 and still showing a flashing (OPK) Ovulation Predictor Kit. Hopefully tomorrow is peak day so I can get pregnant already!"

KayB7 (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "I have been trying so hard to have a baby im talking YEARS! I recently went to the Obgyn to talk to the Dr about my infertility. I have never had kids before because its all ways been so hard to conceive due to the fact that I am irregular on my periods.... so the Dr prescribed clomid to me and the first try i got pregnant... i am now 4 weeks pregnant with my first baby and i honestly still can't believe it. I took 6 pregnancy even blood work and all positive. I strongly recommend this pill it is A MIRACLE!!"

1st baby (taken for less than 1 month) April 6, 2016

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "My first child was conceived naturally. The second time around wasnt so easy. My doctor pescribed Clomid 50mg and I got pregnant the first month. She is now 11. My third was on clonid as well, she is 7 now. Trying for my final baby in on the first month waiting pwriod to find out if I have a bfp. The opk showed positive so my fingers are crossed. Clomid is a miracle drug for sure"

superstangs April 1, 2016

66 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Female Infertility: "On second round got pregnant and is now 11 weeks and 3 days."

tmill14 March 23, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "Month 5 on Clomid, 25mg days 5-10 and still no luck. I've been charting temps and using OPK's, while being monitored every month with scans and lab work. Side effects are rough after I O. I cramp and get backaches to the point where I can't get out of bed. Thinking this will be my last month since I've been gaining about 8lbs per month."

S.Marie January 16, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Clomid (clomiphene) for Female Infertility: "My husband and I have been trying to conceive number 2 for 9 months. I have PCOS and was not ovulating on my own. My husbands tests also showed a low sperm count. Our first pregnancy was planned and conceived first week of trying. This time has been much harder and very trying. My specialist recommended either clomid or straight to IVF. I have been taking clomid for 3 months, first month 50mg did nothing and second month took 100mg and ovulated but did not conceive. I definitely know when I ovulated whilst taking clomid it was very obvious. Just finished round 3 100mg. Also had side effects on clomid such as hot flushes, mood swings and dizziness. Very emotional this time round. Fingers crossed."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2015