User Reviews for Bupropion / naltrexone

Also known as: Contrave

Learn more about Bupropion/naltrexone.

Obesity 767 reviews 62 medications

7.1
Weight Loss 163 reviews 44 medications

6.4
Summary of Bupropion/naltrexone reviews 930 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Bupropion/naltrexone

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I couldn't give this a high rating because I just started this yesterday 2/18/17 took it and overall seemed okay. I did feel a little tired. I slept very well, but did have one crazy dream/ nightmare and from reading the other reviews I'm thinking it's from the medication. I do feel really tired today. I hope I don't feel like this all the time, but It's only the 2nd day. I will continue for a week or 2 and see if I see a difference."

Sashabear February 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Third day lost 5 lbs so happy. BUT crazy mental stuff.. Was falling asleep and started waking up and just got weirded out. Panic attack.....any suggestions anyone."

Ann62* February 19, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Started on 2/13/17. I work night shift, so I started my dosing in the afternoon when I wake up because I was fearful of having difficulty sleeping. The first two days I took it with food and had no problems. But the third day, I took on a empty stomach and experienced nausea and dizziness and just did not feel good. Once I ate, which was a few hours later, I was fine. So I won't take it without food again. So far I can tell my hunger has greatly subsided. The cravings are also down. So I'm hopeful this med will work as promised. Will update."

NurseAtNight February 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "This is my 4th week with full doses 2 in the morning and 2 in the evening. I am very honest in this feedback, my first week I took I don't have any side effect but when I get to my 3rd day, I experience migraine headache, which only last me half of that day and I feel fine. The most effective I've noticed is that I don't even want to drink no more, (liquor,wine,beer etc) that was on week one. I used to drink here and there when I am at home but now I am completely off from alcohol. Now that this is my 4th complete week of full dose, yesterday 2/17/17 ( I've experience nausea after I had my coffee then I threw up , just feeling sick and weak. Today I feel the same but not the nausea kind only little restless. It's my 4th week I quit coffee"

Soth777 (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Started Contrave 12/3/16. I have actually gained 4 pounds (today is 2/17/17) Side effects: nausea, dizziness, CRAZY DREAMS, fatigue. But I still take them. 2 every morning. Hoping for one day it will turn around and start working for me."

TabathaInDallas (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I took two cycles of Contrave unfortunately It did not help me to lose weight at all."

Plasko February 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I started taking the medication on Tuesday, so I have now been on it for four days. The second day I wanted to eat everything and anything I can put in my mouth so I know I must have put on some weight. Today is Friday and finished dinner, I am sick to my stomach and want to throw up. The thought of food right now is making me sick. I had stomach cramps a couple of days ago. Usually around this time I am going to the refrigerator to see what I can put in my mouth whether hungry or not. I plan on increasing my dose next Tuesday to 2 a day and so on. I hope this will work for me because nothing else has."

Anonymous February 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I just started week 3 taking 2 pills in the AM. So far, I've been one of the lucky ones. I've had absolutely no side effects. I don't think about food 24/7 like before. Also I'm not binging at night like before. Junk food just doesn't have the appeal it once did. I do get hungry but fill up much quicker now. I've lost 7 pounds in the first 2 weeks."

Pepper1077 February 17, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Started Contrave in the 2nd week of January..the first week was different I was very sick to my stomach all day every day for almost 10 days. Once that passed I did not notice any changes at all. I gave it over a month a didn't lose a pound. So disappointed especially with what I had to pay for prescription."

JennShurko524 February 17, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I have just started week 4 on Contrave. The only side effect I have experienced is dry mouth which is easily resolved by drinkng water. The medicine definitely has curbed my cravings and I get full much quicker. I have lost 6 pounds and am very pleased. My insurance covers this medication as a preventive medication."

Mimi737 February 17, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Here's my situation: female, mid 30's, smoker, drinker, bipolar depression. I was already taking wellbutrine for depression, so I just stopped taking it when I started with Contrave. Smooth sailing. The benefit of having bipolar in this situation is that the medication I take for that, Lamotrigine, is not only a mood stabilizer but an anti-seizure med. The bottom line: I haven't thought about smoking at all, haven't felt the need to drink and don't even think about it, and my mood and temperament is even keeled. This is great! I have found a med that tackles all of my problems, and it works! So I'm on week 2 now. After the 1st week, I lost 8 pounds in my gut. No change the 2nd week. I have been staying under 1200 calories/day and exercising"

Seems to be working (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Well just have start by saying so far so good. I have read other comments and was scared to start this but it is day 2 and I feel great. I had no side effects, since I told my doctor that I binge eat at night she advised to take the pill around 5 PM. 7:00 o clock came around and I had no desire to look for a snack or have a cup of coffee. I started to pack my kids lunches and didn't touch a snack which was something I always did. I had Gastric Bypass in 2003 starting weight was 305 got down to 165 at my lowest, which was great since I'm 5'6 and at my lowest I wore a size 6. I saw the doctor because I started gaining weight and presently are up to 216 lbs. I refuse to gain it all back. I will get write again in a week. Good Luck"

NALJIN (taken for less than 1 month) February 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I had such high hopes for this to help me control my cravings etc. I did lots of research and talked at length with my doctor about side effects (lingering minor headaches, nausea). Took one pill in the AM Saturday, had marked dizziness, nausea, and headache (borderline migraine). Made it through the day. Took one pill in the AM Sunday, and about two hours later it triggered the worst migraine I have ever had. It was excruciating! The next day (Monday) I didn't take any, and went to Urgent Care, where I was ran fluids and given meds for migraine pain and nausea. It's now Thursday of the same week, four days off the meds and I'm finally beginning to feel normal. While Contrave may work for some, it will absolutely not work for me."

Horseluvinmama February 16, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I am updating my previous review from 1/19/2017. I have now up to the full dose of Contrave (2 morning, 2 night). I have never experienced ANY stomach upset, ANY headache, or any other listed side effect except I noticed on the first day when I up my dose I am extremely fatigued but was fine within 24 hours. I've quit craving an evening cocktail, sugar, and fast food and I stop eating when I'm full rather than stuffed. The 4-pill regimen has only been for about a week but I can certainly tell a difference. I will post an update when I notice any changes."

YOUNG GRAMMY (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 16, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I have been taking Contrave for a little over two weeks. I had a lot of side effects in the beginning, but I pushed through and now I feel awesome. My cravings have diminished, and I can easily pass up the things that used to be irresistible to me. I have always been a soda fiend- I took a sip of someone's soda a few days ago and it didn't even taste good, and I had no desire for more. My advice for the first few weeks- don't cut your carbs until you are used to the medicine. I made this mistake and it make the side effects much worse. Eating a few carbs make all the difference. I almost gave up, but I am glad I didn't. Now that my body is used to it, it is really working for me."

txtw (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I have been taking Contrave for since 01/19 and have lost 11 lbs. My only side effects have been mild constipation and a occasional shakiness mostly in the mornings but other than that I feel great. I have cut all bread and sweets from my diet and walking at least 4-5 days a week. Before cutting out the bread and sweets I had pain in my knees and other joints but the pain has subsided. Contrave has given me the willpower to make better food choices. It costs me around $90 but compared to the health benefits of losing this weight it's worth it!"

Lucy2017 February 15, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Good"

Anonymous February 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I have been on Contrave for a little over a month now and I have lost 7 pounds. Not gonna lie, I almost stopped taking it. The first 2 weeks I had severe stomach pains, each time lasting about 10 minutes, after the end of week 2, the pains stopped. I have no had the urge to drink coffee anymore, used to drink 3 cups a day. I am not eating as much, I used to eat a footlong sandwich from Subway, now I'm lucky if I finish half. This is not a medication for people looking for rapid results. I am taking it day by day and so far I am happy with my results."

my2kidsmommy February 13, 2017

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Second day taken Contrave. First day I had some nausea, my mouth started to get watery which for me indicates that I'm about to throw up, mild cramps in my stomach but the stomach cramps soon went away after 20m. Sleepiness and tired. My head felt like it was heavy and my jaws felt tight after a while. I felt calmer than normal and somewhat high as if I took one puff of marijuana. My mouth was dry so I drunk a lot of water to relieve the dry mouth symptoms. Cravings were minimal. Today I took the pill about the same time as I did yesterday and had the same results along with diarrhea. I had a panic attack thinking about the side effects and thought about going to the hospital but luckily my mom calmed me down some so I'm now writing this."

Lex W. February 12, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I have taken the contrave for 7 days. I have had a few side effects, such as nausea, headache, and little irritability. I had these symptoms pretty much everyday. I have noticed the cravings of foods I usually wanted late at night are gone. I seem to feel a little better with less side effects today. Hoping it was just getting used to the medication. I have lost about 2 lbs. this week .."

Hope2017 (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I've been on Contrave for 3 weeks. It's expensive, even with the downloaded card. I started the 4 pills/day yesterday. Today I had my follow up appt w/my Dr. & I gained 3 lbs :( Contrave has not suppressed my appetite, I crave carbs like crazy now. My Dr. gave me another prescription for 3 more months depending on how I do with the 4 pills per day. I'll continue with the Contrave for the remainder of the month & hope that with the full daily dose, I'll begin to benefit from Contrave. I truly hope something works! I'm going to restrict my carbs and try to fight the urge."

TMART (taken for less than 1 month) February 11, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I've been on Contrave for a little over a week! I'm down 12 pounds! This is huge for a girl who excerises and still doesn't lose weight! It definitely curbs my cravings and I don't binge! So thankful for this medicine!!!! Its worth every penny!"

Summerdawn1609 February 10, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "2 days into my 3rd week on Contrave. I've lost 9 pounds with no change in exercise habits. Not because the meds are controlling my cravings, but because I am way too nauseous to eat. I kid you not, the nausea is almost unbearable. There are days I can't get off the couch without throwing up. I am going to stick with it to see what happens when I get to the final 4 pill dosage and things become stable. I'm not giving up but just wanted people to know to expect the nausea. Just looking at food commercials on tv makes me gag. Smelling the cat food when I feed them, sends me running for the restroom. And I have thrown up more meals than I've kept down...I feel like one of those bulimic supermodels."

barfingbeth (taken for less than 1 month) February 10, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I have been on Contrave for 5 days. I told my doctor that I could not take anything that would make me tired during the day or give me insomnia. Score! I do have chronic headaches and currently take no meds. My doctor gave me the first starter bottle free because she wanted to make sure I could tolerate it before investing. I am currently taking one pill per day. Two hours after I take it, it's like a "one-glass-of-wine" feeling. I'm less stressed and have absolutely no appetite. Some foods that I generally like don't even taste good. I'm hoping the meds will continue to be successful. My mouth is a bit dry, but nothing significant. I also have headaches, but that's typical. I've already lost weight and NO FATIGUE!"

Yes! (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I started contrave in October of 2016 with a starting weight of 159. In the beginning I didn't notice any changes, I actually felt like I was eating more for the first few weeks. I had a few side affects - headaches, nausea, constipation, hot flashes but those have since gone away. It's now Feb 2017 and I'm happy to say that I am down 25 pounds!!! Very happy with the results"

Anonymous February 9, 2017