User Reviews for Bupropion / naltrexone

Weight Loss
6.4

Summary of Bupropion/naltrexone reviews 6.7 1,683 reviews

Reviews for Bupropion/naltrexone

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I have been on Contrave for 2 1/2 months. My main side effects are slight periodic nausea, headaches, and moderate constipation. I will continue to take Contrave. The drug has been so beneficial to changing my mind set and eliminating cravings! I cannot believe how well it works. I also eat "clean" and workout 3-4 times a week. I have done that for two years. I lost 75 pounds before the Contrave, but over the Holidays 2017, I gained about 35 back. I now have lost about 16. I think this medication is a great tool!!!"

lovin2cu (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I am 62 and 5’2” tall. I weighted 165 when I started contrave two weeks ago taking one in the morning only. I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to sleep. After reading some of the reviews I will try the afternoon pill. I have restless leg syndrome and getting worse as I age. For some reason this medication has completely stopped my symptoms. I am sleeping better but dreaming strange dreams. I have had a little bit of constipation but eat plain nonfat yogurt with fiber one cereal in it for breakfast. Drinking plenty of water helps too. I seem to have a little bit of brain fog and can’t remember what I went in a room for. I haven’t lost any weight yet but feel more motivated and even resist snacks more often. I hope when I start taking two a day it will increase my weight loss without increasing side effects."

Graggy56 (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

For Weight Loss: "Today starts week 7 of taking Contrave. I have lost weight definitely! My clothes are looser! I haven’t had a chance to weigh myself (I don’t have a scale) but for the first time in forever I finally feel like I’m winning this battle! I have PCOS and diabetes which makes it almost impossible to lose weight even though I’m very active and eat healthy! I can’t believe that finally I don’t feel hungry constantly! I have to make myself eat!! For the first 4 or 5 weeks I struggled with constipation and a foggy, spacey feeling. Those side effects seem to have went away, but I’m still struggling with the excessive sweating making me feel so gross. I’m going to talk to my doctor and see about getting a medication to get rid of the excessive sweating since I’m seeing big benefits in my appetite control/weight loss. Has anybody else had excessive sweating that got better with time?"

Mary (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I was on contrave for 2 weeks, First week I felt nausea's, light headache, constipation so bad it felt like I was having a child through my butt. The 2nd week no side effects. I did not loose one ounce, discontinued contrave now, switching to qsymia."

rcl (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Was scared 2 try because of side effects but I'm more scared of dying and leaving my family because of my obesity. I'm 41 ,5'5 and starting weight at 210.9lb. Currently I do no activity, eat garbage, depressed. I've been on contrave 7 days today. Lost 5 pounds. Have a little headache, constipated today. But 4 the 1st time in a long time I have a little hope. I can see a lil light in the dark now."

Kim (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "This is my third week on Contrave. I can't say the results so far have been great. There is a slight feeling of feeling full after meals, however I still find myself craving food at night. My weight loss has been minimal and I seem to be just stabilizing my existing weight before starting the medication. I am hopeful now that I have started the regiment of 2 in the a.m. and 1 in the p.m. I will start seeing some results."

Lonnie (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I used contrave for 3 months and lost 35/40lbs. Taking them helped motivate me to exercise. I've been off a couple months and gained a few lbs back but that's because I don't exercise as much. I did get headaches at 1st but the weight was coming off so I dealt with it. I gave it a 9 due to that. The headaches did get better around when I started the 3rd month."

Rick (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I have been on this medication for 3 months, so far I have lost 35 lbs. I have struggled with PCOS and obesity for years. Even with eating right and exercising I would have trouble losing any weight and give up. I am currently keeping my calories under 1900, and eating low carb. To be honest some days I don't have an appetite at all and force myself to eat some proteins, so shakes have been my savior. I was already on wellbutrin prior to this medication, but I can say side effect wise I do struggle with sweating. To be honest I can handle the sweating as long as my weight is going down! I don't plan on being on this medication for a long time but it is the jumpstart I needed!"

Dani (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 23, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I was so excited to try this medication. I have used other prescription weight loss medications without much success. Unfortunately, on the second day and low dose (as you work up to a higher dose) my skin turned red, crusty with itchy hives. This itchy rash was all over my face, arms and torso. So uncomfortable and embarrassing. It was so bad I ran to my doctor who gave me lots of steroids and antibiotics. As you know, steroids make you hungry and gain weight. After about 4 weeks when my skin finally was back to normal, I tried the low dose again, just to see if it was possibly something else I was allergic to, but no. I had the same skin symptoms again. I rated the medication a 5 because I don't know how it works due to my unusual allergic reaction. I am so sad that I will never know if it works. I hope others will have better results."

Side effects not good for me (taken for less than 1 month) September 20, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Just started the medication yesterday so far so good the only side effect is a mild diarrhea wish me luck"

Isa (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I started taking a half in the morning and half at night for the first week. I noticed slow urination, gas, bloating and dry mouth. I continued to second week with 1 in morning and 1 at night. The bloating and constant rumbling in my stomach continued. I also started with some pain and just not feeling well. I decided to stop the medication. I wasn’t willing to continue with these symptoms."

Terry (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I am 5'4 age 60 and weighed 174lb. I am now on my second week and weigh 167lb, I don't exercise like I should be. I had headaches when I started the first few days and when I went into my second week. I only have 17 more pounds to loose and thats it for me. My doctor only put me on this for the 120 pills, which is probably 4-6 weeks. This might not be for everyone, and I'm glad I haven't had problems as some of the others. This helps with the cravings and over eating."

CC (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I started my weight loss journey in 2015. I started at 264lb. Today 2018 I am 216lb. I still have a way ways to go. I haven't really noticed any side effects. I have so many other illnesses so who knows. I did, however, notice that once I got a couple years into it, and I have been on the 2 in the morning and 2 at night, it like stopped working. Meaning I had cravings come back and I gained weight back and I got really upset. I am going to the gym 4-5 days a week. I have RA so I judge by how my joints are feeling but I still move around. My eating has changed a lot. I don't eat a lot of high-fat foods anymore. So yes love Contrave but I just hope it starts back up working again."

LilLady (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 16, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Contrave changed my life. I even quit smoking. Contrave made my life dream real. I was 157 lbs when I started to take contrave. Now before finishing the second bottle I am 130 lbs and I want to lose 5 more lbs. I found out if we have a motivation to lose weight then Contrave will help you a lot. Losing weight is not a battle anymore. Don’t eat much is you take contrave. You won’t like the result."

Sara (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 15, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Everybody reacts differently to this drug. There is no easy magic trick to lose weight. But it works! Yes, it has some side effects. But for most they are manageable. You will lose weight with this drug and you will feel great about it. Don't be spooked by all the side effects they announce on TV. If they had 1000 people trying the drug and one had a side effect they have to state it as a risk. Contrave saved my life and changed my life. Without it, I would be dead in a few years."

NewLife41 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 15, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Tomorrow will be my 4th week taking contrave so my dose will increase to 2 in the morning and 2 in the afternoon. Side effects have been mild, but noticable from time to time. I'm a 6' male 52 years old and weighed 313lbs 4 weeks ago. I'm eating on average 1900 calories a day, but keeping my carbs to about 35% of my intake. 4 weeks later and I'm at 294lbs. Feeling full faster than ever. Even late night snack cheating is a thing of the past. Bottom line...personally I'm very happy with contrave and recommend it."

FluffyCanuck September 12, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I have been on this drug 4.5 months and have lost 44 lb. I combined this medication with the online weight watchers and it's the perfect combo for me. I also walk 60 minutes a day and something else 2x per week like cycle, yoga, volleyball. I started at 196lb, am female, 5'5" and 57 years old, and have not been able to lose weight since early 30's. So am thrilled. Yep, lots of side effects the first month, still have bowel issues (either diarrhea or constipated), so I have to vary OTC medications to find normal. The real bad ones lasted about a week after upping the dose, but better than all the issues that come with being overweight. I don't like the vivid dreams, and my blood pressure is low on this drug causing dizziness, so I have to consciously drink a ton of water to fix that. So, so happy to have found this."

Barbie (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 11, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I just started Concrave 3 days ago so I can't tell exactly how it's going to effect me later on. What I do know is how it makes me feel now just starting out. I have 1 side effect which is slight constipation other than that I feel great! I don't seem to be as hungry and I have less cravings after only 3 days!! I also smoke less cigarettes. I take 2 pills in the am and 2 pills in the PM. I have 25-30 lbs to lose and my insurance will cover it for 6 months ( I received 1080 pills for $25.00 so I consider myself lucky since it's so expensive) I will give an update once I'm on it for a awhile..As of now I'm loving the Contrave!"

Curly (taken for less than 1 month) September 11, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "In 6 months, starting at 248, down over 35 lbs! I weigh every couple weeks. My stress was bad but I was overall a healthy eater but nothing was working. The side effects were rough, especially for the first month! It is teaching me to eat like skinny people. I even lose weight traveling.1)I have to drink tons of water. Must drink 8-12 oz with pills to help side effects. 2) Small portions are plenty Even veggies. 3) Being selective with quality is important. Don't waste a bite on junk. 4) Food is secondary to good conversation, not your focus. 5) A short walk helps stress levels and energy. 6) Sleep is critical. 7) Small portions, throw it away (any left overs). A bento box with random small items for the day (trail mix, strawberries, baby carrots, string cheese, hummus and pretzels, pita chips). While I do still have some side effects, the worst is brain shocks and headaches. They are so much better if I follow the above. My clothes are getting very big, but our food bill is way down!"

Tinagoof September 11, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I could only take this for two days. It gave me aches, chills, headaches, and EXTREME exhaustion. I also felt spacey and dream like. It is much easier to follow a healthy weight loss than to go through the effects of this drug. Avoid at all costs!!"

Cat (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "July 1st 2018 I started Contravene. Lost 10 lbs as of Sept 6, 2018. It worked really good suppressing my appetite but lately it doesn’t seem to work. Don’t know what’s going on because I need to lose more weight. Was 241lb now 230lb. Seems a long time to lose 10 lbs. Is this the way this drug works? Slow?"

Louise (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I have been on contrive for about a month. I have had a great experience with this. I am never hungry, basically force myself to eat. I try to eat clean but occasionally have a slice of pizza or two. I try to get to the gym at least 3 times a week. But like to go more then that. I enjoy doing the elliptical for at least an hour. Which I do take a pre-work out that helps me push through that hour. I have lost 14lbs. Would probably be more if I didn't have any cheat days and more days at the gym! But It is working for me. The ONLY side affect I have from this is dry mouth- So I drink tons of water.... but now am experiencing constipation... I also take Cymbalta, and a iron pill. So not sure if the combination of all is causing it. But drinking organic "smooth move" tea for constipation has been helping with that."

AnaNoah (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 10, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I have been on Contrave for one week and am very happy with the medicine. I am a food addict and am struggling with life experiences to not overeat. The first couple of days I was a bit fuzzy, other than that no side effects. I have lost 4 pounds the first week. It does curb my appetite immensely. I am an active person, I have not changed my exercise routine. I talked to the pharmacist and asked if I could stay on 1 pill in the morning until I felt like I needed the second one and he said I could. I am 41, 5'7 weigh 160 pounds. The doctor who prescribed the medicine told me that this helps you change your eating behavior and train yourself to not go to food; salt, fat, sweet, when you feel like you need too. I can walk past snacks, chips, and sweets without a second thought. I know that Contrave is not a miracle drug, just a tool to help me go in the right direction to curb my need for food all the time, without going crazy! I will check back in, in a month with an update."

mariezeke September 10, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I took Contrave for two months and during that time lost about 20 lbs using a high fat low carb diet. It seemed to help with discipline but I had other motivations. I had side effects of fatigue (sometimes severe) and mild nausea. It seemed to make my urine thick and urination was slow. I stopped for about 3 weeks (issues with renewal of rX) and have been on it for about 3 weeks since re-starting. The only side effect is the urination issue which is pretty bad - it takes me like 3x longer to pee, so I'm about to give up. Also it is not helping as much on the discipline as I have had difficulty avoiding sweets and other carbs."

E-man (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 9, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Disappointed. Really helps block cravings out but the side effects are horrible. Severe dizziness, headaches, fogginess, fatigue, nausea, hot flashes, diarrhea. I think I had every side effect. I was only on it for three days. Was told to stop taking it immediately."

CK (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...