User Reviews for Bupropion / naltrexone systemic

Weight Loss
6.4

Summary of Bupropion/naltrexone reviews 6.7 1,727 reviews

Reviews for Bupropion/naltrexone

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I've been on Contrave for 6 weeks and I'm down 17 pounds. The only side effect I'm still having is constipation. If you are looking for a medication to reduce "cravings" I highly recommend Contrave. You still have to put the work in. I'm a yogi so I still do my daily yoga practice, but I've also cut my calories down to 1200 a day and I'm able to stay within that range without being hungry - I attribute that to the Contrave because without the Contrave there's no way I would be able to just handle 1200 calories. I've tried it to eat this amount before and it never worked for me, but the Contrave is keeping me within my calories range. I love hearing success stories, so please do share."

Dee (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Started Contrave New Years day, I experienced some side effects but nothing I couldn't handle. I am now in my 3rd week with 2 pills in the AM and 1 in the PM, but my appetite has increased. I did lose a few pounds but afraid, that will be it. Has anyone else had this to happen and will it subside once I start the full dosage next week."

daddy4eva (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "It doesn't start working right away, so give it at least a month! Bad reviews probably come from people who haven't taken it long enough. After taking Contrave for about six weeks, I now just naturally seem to want healthy food, and junkier food is actually repulsive. I'm also satisfied with far less. I haven't experienced any side effects except an occasional momentary dizzy feeling. Good luck, everyone!"

Les (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "CONTRAVE IS A MIRACLE! I am 18 years old and not obese nor have I ever been. I have always been overweight due to my PCOS and despite everything I’ve tried, always got stuck at about 190 (I’m 5’7). In December I decided I want to join the Air Force. In order to be accepted, I need to meet the weight requirement which for my height is between 121 and 159 pounds. My gynecologist prescribed contrave to hopefully help me reach my standard. I have just finished my first bottle of contrave and I am weighing in at 173lbs. I have till August of this year to reach my goal and with the help of contrave, I am confident that I will pass with flying colors!"

AFgirl (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I just started Contrave on Friday 1/11. Still doing the one a day in the morning. So far I've lost 3 pounds. Slight nausea and headache. My appetite has decreased and nothing sounds good to eat. I am optimistic about this and looking forward to seeing where it goes."

jessmessin (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I was on Contrave for 5 months and lost 27 pounds! Had to quit using it this month (Jan, 2019) because my health insurance will no longer cover it (BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD) until I reach an outrageous deductible, which I have NEVER had to done for all the decades I have been with them. I really loved taking Concrave and was so proud of the results. The first week I was off of it, no weight loss or gain. Second week, the weight started coming back on. So depressing. I was taking 4 a day which is a cash price of over $300 a month. Retired and cannot afford. :( Contacted the company to ask for any assistance and they never responded. Wish I was rich. I highly recommend this product but wish it was more affordable."

Lynn (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 12, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I was rushed to the emergency room after taking Contrave. I experienced heart palpitations, anxiousness, nervousness, mild stomach cramps, and nausea I was so sick I had to crawl to the door to have a neighbor take me to the hospital. This was not for me and hope that others don’t experience this reaction. I have never been this ill. I was administered medicine for nausea and given a shot that made me sleep drowsy."

BB (taken for less than 1 month) January 11, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I have been taking Contrave for 4 weeks and have lost 7 lbs. It has taken my cravings away. I take 2 pills at 6 am and I am not hungry until noon and when I do eat I eat 1/2 of what I use to eat because I feel so full. I eat healthy snacks but rarely want a snack. I eat a light dinner and take the other 2 pills at 6 pm. I cut out soda. I am drinking 80 oz of water daily. I do cardio 3 days a week and I walk a lot daily with my job. The only side effect I had as the first 2 weeks and I had insomnia. I had no other side effects."

Jean (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I am in the emergency room right now from taking this medicine. I had a reaction to it. I am experienced naseau, stomach ache, jittters, feeling of anxiousness. I regurgitated and my hands were shaking. Think twice before taking."

Demi (taken for less than 1 month) January 10, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I started using contrave June of 2018. My starting weight was 204lb, now my current weight is 177lb. I exercise 5 or 6 days a week, and drink 70 + ounces of water a day. The first 6 months I experienced a few headaches, weird dreams and the bitter taste from the pills and ringing of the ears. It feels great being 25 pounds lighter and I got another 25 to go."

Sweetie January 9, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Ok, I have now been taking Contrave for 12 weeks and the results are amazing . I am down 45 pounds . At the lowest weight in over 25 years and feeling great . I eat what I want just half of what I use to but also making some smarter food choices, never do I consider myself on a diet .I have lost some weight in each week I have been on Contrave. This is the real deal I would recommend it to anyone"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I took this medication for 3 weeks following directions. After a few days, I started to feel dryness in my mouth which followed by constant strong bitter taste. I decided to stick to it, but by the end of week three late at night I suddenly started to feel a sharp pain in my lower back which quickly started to spread out up my body. I felt a sharp pain in my chest & back, tightness in my chest and shortness of breath, even my teeth heart & felt numb. I took some homeopathic drops that are used for heart ailments treatments and in a while started to feel better. I asked my husband to check heart attack symptoms on the internet & I had 7 out of 10 symptoms. I stopped taking this medication & reported what happened to the manufacturer. I paid $100 for medication that almost killed me. When I asked a manufacturer to reimburse me they refused."

Dina (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Been on Contrave 2 1/2 months. Weeks 1-7 I saw no results and began doubting if it was going to work. By week 8 I began noticing my clothing fitting loose. I am currently on week 10 and weight loss is visibly noticeable. I highly recommend this product. Do not get discouraged everyone is different and will work differently on everyone. But it will work!"

Brit (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 2, 2019

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "First off Merry Christmas to all! I'm on day 5 and have no side effects. I do notice my sweet Cravings are no longer there. I was a little nervous taking it because of the Black Box label it's all the warnings. I've taken Wellbutrin before years ago to quit smoking I never had any side effects so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm down a lb. I wish everybody luck with your journey."

Storm (taken for less than 1 month) December 25, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Contrave has been a miracle for me. I have had no side effects. I have lost 64lbs in 8 months and feel fabulous. I hope to lose 50-60 more. For the 1st time in my life I am easily saying no to foods that I know are bad for me, eating healthy and exercising. I am 56 and this drug has been life saving for me. It works on your brain so you can work on your body."

Happy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 22, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Today's the beginning of my 4th week/start of full dosage. In 3 weeks, I've lost 7 lbs and haven't exercised...yet. I'm 5'8 & started at 221 lbs. I am a mostly healthy eater, but struggle w/portion & snacking. The first 2 days, I felt a mild nausea. Constipation began today. I had to be conscious of eating smaller than normal portions. My favorite part is no longer feel "hangry" at times. I can feel when I get hungry, but I don't get ravenous if I put it off. I no longer snack at night. I can get the winter blues and think the anti-depressant in this med has helped that too! Coffee & wine taste was not affected. I think that the official results are supposed to be a 9 lb loss. I really don't understand this by reading through the reviews stating huge losses and my own loss. With the discount card its $115 at the pharmacy. If they fill and deliver, it's $100. I understand that about 25% of people will not tolerate side effects, but we're all different"

Sasha December 18, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I started Contrave last January at 223 pounds and a size 3X. I could barely walk and had severe sleep apnea, hypertension, and my cholesterol and lipid levels were sky high! I’m now at 145 pounds and a size 8-10. My sleep apnea has really resolved along with my shortness of breath. My blood pressure, while still a little high (genetics) is improved.I had no side effects at all. It changed my life!"

Hac December 17, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "I have always struggled with my weight, but Hashimoto’s disease made it worse. Then a couple personal tragedies occurred- I tipped over 300 pounds. My doctor told me that people with a medical complication contributing to weight gain seem to respond best to Contrave. Same exercise habits. I went on two trips, ate restaurant and hotel food. I did Not track my diet. I also forgot to build up my dose-I went 10 days before remembering to switch. I was not the ideal patient- I didn’t expect good results- but when I went back to my doctor, my thyroid levels were steady + I had lost 9 pounds! According to my doctor, people with autoimmune diseases often have imbalances that they feel driven to treat with food. I did notice myself get full faster and have less drive to snack. I was so busy last week that I forgot to take Contrave for a couple doses. I thought I would experiment with reducing my dose then building it up again. I have lost six more pounds."

Thefamousnj December 16, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Terrible experience."

Der (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "The first 3 weeks were awful. Headaches and nasuea we're almost unbearable. Once the full dose was reached, the side effects we're minimal. The first month I was down 12 pounds. I ran out of the contrave. It would be 5 days before I could get my prescription refilled. The pharmacist said I should be able to pick back up. Well that did not happen. The withdrawals from the contrave landed me in the doctor's office. It not only affected me physically, nausea and horrible headaches, but mentally and emotionally I was a basket case. I have been off contrave for 8 days and gained the weight back, the headaches and nausea are still hanging on. Mentally and emotionally I am starting to feel like a human again. As much as I'd love to lose the weight, Contrave is not for me."

Danielle (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Contrave has been a godsend for me! My starting weight was 235lb on 9/4/18. It is 12/9/18 and I have lost 28 lbs! I have experienced ZERO side effects. In addition to using Contrave I have been exercising 3-4 times per week, eating an Atkins bar once a day as a meal replacement & eating smaller meals in general. I did roll the dice last night & had my first glass of wine (ok, 2 glasses). I love wine & have stopped since taking Contrave. I awoke at midnight feeling nauseated and vomited several times. Needless to say, no more wine while on Contrave. I am so happy with the results and the lifestyle changes I have made."

Burger lover (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Well this is my 2nd update . I have now been on Contrave for 8 weeks and have lost 36 lbs. I haven't eliminated much food from my diet just eat probably less than half of what I used to. I feel so comfortable on this weight management program and don't ever think I am on a diet. Over the 8 weeks I have gone out for meals many times, I order what I like but just make smarter choices and usually take a doggy bag home and eat it the next day. The only side effect is most of my clothes are too big but I will gladly buy new ones"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 9, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Obesity: "Started Contrave May of 2018 at 342lbs. I didn't take my weight loss serious, I actually gained 7 lbs. My doctor threatened to cut my medication if I didn't lose at least 10lbs at my next 3 month checkup. I started walking 4-7 miles a day. I also started drinking a lot of water. In 3 months I lost 70lbs. The circulation and color in my legs returned, I have more energy, fit in a plane seat and can tie my shoes, went from size 48 to a 36 waist line. After ramping up to 2 pills a day in the morning, (I never took the 2 pills in the evening as I misread the instructions) When I discovered my mistake, I decided to just keep taking the 2 pills a day because it worked. No weight loss program is going to work if you are not all in. I expected the drug to do all of the work when I first began -mistake. I would recommend it but you do have to work with it. Good luck in your health improvement journey. Over 50 and feeling great...Happy man"

Happy Man December 8, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "Worked well for 1.5 months. Lost 10 pounds. Got it refilled 2 more times and it does nothing. I’ve gained back 5 pounds even while taking it. If you buy it only get a months supply. After that your mind adjusts and it’s useless at that point."

GG (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 4, 2018

Contrave (bupropion / naltrexone) for Weight Loss: "I am on my 5th day of contrave, and the dizziness/nausea has just started along with weird rashes on my hands. I am hoping that I can bare through this, after reading all other posts it seems to be a normal thing and can go away after time. I found that drinking plenty of water and taking gravol can help keep it minimal so I can at least still go to work. Haven't lost any weight yet, just feeling awful. Female: 34yrs 5'3 240lbs - Nov 2018"

Kay (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...