User Reviews for Brimonidine/timolol ophthalmic to treat Glaucoma

Also known as: Combigan

Brimonidine/timolol ophthalmic Rating Summary

6.3/10 Average Rating

Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Glaucoma.

Reviews for Brimonidine/timolol ophthalmic

Eric · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 11, 2020

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “Combigan has been effective for me, with no side effects. However, the price is way, way out of line. This is not a difficult or expense drug to produce, and Allergan is price gouging those of us us need it, and can't tolerate other alternatives.”

Rindaloo · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 24, 2019

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “Dry mouth, dizzyness, near fainting on 3 occasions, feeling unhappy. Changed to Azarga (Brinzolamide/Timolol) and feel a lot better.”

Momtad · Taken for less than 1 month August 7, 2019

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “The doctor prescribed combigan eye drops and the pharmacy filled the prescription. Neither told me it has beta blockers and what beta blockers do. After I almost passed out a few times, I investigated for myself and found out and realized the betablocker was causing the problems. Now I'm down a couple of hundred dollars, but at least I'm still alive.”

Leola · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 12, 2018

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “I am writing to complain about the packaging of the Combigan eye drop made by Allergra. I use the 5ml drops in both of my eyes. I always run out of the medicine 2 weeks in. At the most it has lasted 3 weeks. First of all the tip of the bottle is too large. When you turn the bottle up a lot comes out, therefore I am emptying the bottle faster than I should. Also, I use the drops in both eyes so that is double the problem. I would like to contact someone in the main office regarding this problem. ”

Ms. Rere August 28, 2017

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “My eyes are very red and everyone thinks I have been smoking weed,-that's how bad they look. They hurt and are light sensitive. I am going to ask to change to something else. I can't deal with this.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month November 20, 2015

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “I am not a recently diagnosed glaucoma patient. This medication was introduced when my previous medication was no longer working well. Although this drug lowered my pressure significantly, the side effect produced was extreme lupus-like symptoms which I continue to experience over seven months later. After taking the drug for two weeks my ophthalmologist discontinued its use. I realize there are side effects with all drugs. This is one in which I was not adequately informed of the risk and which I regret having taken..”

Neil M October 7, 2015

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “so far in 1st 6 weeks has lowered my eye pressure from 23 in both eyes to 14 in both eyes. It is a beta blocker so also can lower your blood pressure. I've reduced that effect by putting pressure at side of nose-corner of eyes with my fingers, where medicine can enter the blood stream. I recommend those that don't do this technique, see how to do it correctly on some instructional you tube videos.”

bea000 · Taken for 5 to 10 years August 21, 2015

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “I've had glaucoma since I was 9, and I've tried many glaucoma medications. I've also had glaucoma surgeries. Combigan has been the most effective drop for me, with fewer side effects than some other drops I have tried.”

LilPixie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 19, 2015

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “I was on Betoptic for years and my pressure was still a bit higher than we wanted it to be. After some trial & error, we've discovered that if I put the Combigan in one eye and the Betoptic in the other, my pressure is better than it's ever been. Around 14 which is unheard of me. It's working great and the only side effect I have is a bit of redness at times.”

James Spry · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 28, 2014

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “It helped lower my pressure but made my eyes persistently red.”

tm9 February 27, 2013

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “Works good for me.”

Anonymous January 26, 2011

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “My eye pressure still varies from 14 to 36. Combigan did not work for me.”

TJ1AW January 28, 2010

Combigan (brimonidine / timolol): “My left eye pressure was 24 using timolol maleate drops. After 2 weeks my left eye pressure is now 11. The eye doctor told me to keep using my supply of timolol in the right eye as it's working on that eye. This is a great product.”

Learn more about Glaucoma

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)