This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
A pancreatic pseudocyst is a sac of fluid on or near your pancreas.
Follow up with your gastroenterologist as directed:
You may need more tests. Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
Do not drink alcohol:
Alcohol may make your symptoms worse. Alcohol can also cause a pseudocyst to occur again. Ask your healthcare provider if you need help quitting.
Contact your healthcare provider or gastroenterologist if:
- You have a fever.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
Seek care immediately or call 911 if:
- Your heart is beating faster than normal, or you are breathing faster than normal.
- Your pain worsens, or your abdomen feels hard.
- You have chest pain or feel short of breath.
- You feel dizzy or are sweating more than normal.
- Your lips or nails turn blue.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.