This material must not be used for commercial purposes, or in any hospital or medical facility. Failure to comply may result in legal action.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
A pancreatic pseudocyst is a sac of fluid on or near your pancreas.
Follow up with your gastroenterologist as directed:
You may need more tests. Write down your questions so you remember to ask them during your visits.
Do not drink alcohol:
Alcohol may make your symptoms worse. Alcohol can also cause a pseudocyst to occur again. Ask your healthcare provider if you need help quitting.
Contact your healthcare provider or gastroenterologist if:
- You have a fever.
- You have questions or concerns about your condition or care.
Seek care immediately or call 911 if:
- Your heart is beating faster than normal, or you are breathing faster than normal.
- Your pain worsens, or your abdomen feels hard.
- You have chest pain or feel short of breath.
- You feel dizzy or are sweating more than normal.
- Your lips or nails turn blue.
© 2016 Truven Health Analytics Inc. Information is for End User's use only and may not be sold, redistributed or otherwise used for commercial purposes. All illustrations and images included in CareNotes® are the copyrighted property of A.D.A.M., Inc. or Truven Health Analytics.
The above information is an educational aid only. It is not intended as medical advice for individual conditions or treatments. Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist before following any medical regimen to see if it is safe and effective for you.