Generic Name: Vitamin B6, Ginger, Folic Acid, and Calcium (VYE ta min, JIN jer, FOE lik AS id, & KAL see um)
Brand Name: Prenaissance Next, Prenaissance Next-B
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Aug 26, 2020.
Uses of Prenaissance Next:
- It is used to treat or prevent upset stomach or throwing up from morning sickness.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Prenaissance Next?
- If you have an allergy to any part of Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium).
- If you are allergic to Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium); any part of Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
This medicine may interact with other drugs or health problems.
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Prenaissance Next?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- This medicine may affect certain lab tests. Tell all of your health care providers and lab workers that you take Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium).
- If you are allergic to tartrazine, talk with your doctor. Some products have tartrazine.
- This medicine prevents many other drugs from getting into the body. If you take other drugs, check with your doctor or pharmacist to see if you need to take them at some other time than Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan on getting pregnant. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks of using Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium) while you are pregnant.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Prenaissance Next) best taken?
Use Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Swallow whole. Do not chew, break, or crush.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Take a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not take 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
What are some other side effects of Prenaissance Next?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Prenaissance Next?
- Store at room temperature.
- Protect from light.
- Protect from heat.
- Store in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Prenaissance Next (vitamin B6, ginger, folic acid, and calcium), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.