Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Sep 20, 2023.
Uses of Luride:
- This supplement is used to prevent cavities.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Luride?
- If you are allergic to Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets); any part of Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets); or any other drugs, foods, or substances. Tell your doctor about the allergy and what signs you had.
- If you have any of these health problems: Bone problems, joint problems, kidney problems, or ulcers.
- If the fluoride in your drinking water is greater than or equal to 0.6 parts per million.
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Luride?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Tell your dentist if your teeth become stained or spotted.
- Take good care of your teeth. See a dentist often.
- This medicine may cause harm if a large amount is swallowed. If a large amount of Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets) is swallowed, call a doctor or poison control center right away.
- Different brands of Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets) may be for use in different ages of children. Talk with the doctor before giving Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets) to a child.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan on getting pregnant, or are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about the benefits and risks to you and the baby.
How is this medicine (Luride) best taken?
Use Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- Take with or without food. Take with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- Use Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets) before bedtime, after you brush your teeth, unless your doctor tells you otherwise.
- Chew well before swallowing.
- Some brands may also be dissolved in your mouth. Check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Some products are used every day while others are used 1 time a week. Follow what you have been told by your doctor.
- Do not take antacids that have magnesium or aluminum at the same time as Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets). Talk with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Do not take Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets) within 2 hours of dairy products or other products with calcium in them.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Use a missed dose as soon as you think about it.
- If it is close to the time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your normal time.
- Do not use 2 doses at the same time or extra doses.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very upset stomach or throwing up.
What are some other side effects of Luride?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if you have any side effects that bother you or do not go away.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
How do I store and/or throw out Luride?
- Store at room temperature in a dry place. Do not store in a bathroom.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- Throw away unused or expired drugs. Do not flush down a toilet or pour down a drain unless you are told to do so. Check with your pharmacist if you have questions about the best way to throw out drugs. There may be drug take-back programs in your area.
Consumer Information Use and Disclaimer
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Some drugs may have another patient information leaflet. Check with your pharmacist. If you have any questions about Luride (sodium fluoride chewable tablets), please talk with your doctor, nurse, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- If you think there has been an overdose, call your poison control center or get medical care right away. Be ready to tell or show what was taken, how much, and when it happened.
More about Luride (fluoride)
Related treatment guides
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.