Generic Name: Moxetumomab Pasudotox (mox e TOOM oh mab pa SOO doe tox)
Brand Name: Lumoxiti
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Feb 15, 2019.
- Capillary leak syndrome (CLS) is a very bad health problem that has happened with Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox). Sometimes, CLS can be deadly. Tell your doctor right away if you get signs of CLS like change in how much urine is passed; not able to pass urine; blood in the urine; a fast or abnormal heartbeat; chest pain or pressure; dizziness or passing out; shortness of breath; a big weight gain; swelling; throwing up blood or throw up that looks like coffee grounds; or if you have black, tarry, or bloody stools.
- A blood problem called hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) has happened with Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox). Sometimes, this has been life-threatening. Call your doctor right away if you feel very tired or weak or have any bruising or bleeding, change in how much urine is passed, confusion, dark urine, fast heartbeat, fever, mood or behavior changes, pale skin, seizures, shortness of breath, stomach pain, or throwing up.
- Talk with your doctor to see if you need to drink extra fluids while you take Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox).
Uses of Lumoxiti:
- It is used to treat a type of leukemia.
What do I need to tell my doctor BEFORE I take Lumoxiti?
- If you have an allergy to Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox) or any part of Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox).
- If you have kidney disease.
- If you have ever had any of these health problems: Hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) or thrombotic microangiopathy (TMA).
This is not a list of all drugs or health problems that interact with Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox).
Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all of your drugs (prescription or OTC, natural products, vitamins) and health problems. You must check to make sure that it is safe for you to take Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox) with all of your drugs and health problems. Do not start, stop, or change the dose of any drug without checking with your doctor.
What are some things I need to know or do while I take Lumoxiti?
- Tell all of your health care providers that you take Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox). This includes your doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and dentists.
- Have blood work checked as you have been told by the doctor. Talk with the doctor.
- You will need to have your weight and blood pressure checked as you have been told by your doctor.
- Infusion reactions have happened with Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox). Tell your doctor if you have cough; dizziness, headache, or passing out; fast heartbeat; feeling hot; fever or chills; flushing; muscle pain; shortness of breath; upset stomach or throwing up; wheezing; or any other effects during the infusion.
- If you are 65 or older, use Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox) with care. You could have more side effects.
- This medicine may cause harm to the unborn baby or loss of the unborn baby if you take it while you are pregnant.
- If you are able to get pregnant, a pregnancy test will be done to show that you are NOT pregnant before starting Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox). Talk with your doctor.
- Use birth control that you can trust to prevent pregnancy while taking Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox) and for 1 month after stopping Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox).
- If you get pregnant while taking Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox) or within 1 month after your last dose, call your doctor right away.
- Tell your doctor if you are breast-feeding. You will need to talk about any risks to your baby.
How is this medicine (Lumoxiti) best taken?
Use Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox) as ordered by your doctor. Read all information given to you. Follow all instructions closely.
- It is given as an infusion into a vein over a period of time.
- Other drugs may be given to help with infusion side effects.
What do I do if I miss a dose?
- Call your doctor to find out what to do.
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
- Signs of kidney problems like unable to pass urine, change in how much urine is passed, blood in the urine, or a big weight gain.
- Signs of electrolyte problems like mood changes, confusion, muscle pain or weakness, a heartbeat that does not feel normal, seizures, not hungry, or very bad upset stomach or throwing up.
- Signs of high blood pressure like very bad headache or dizziness, passing out, or change in eyesight.
- Change in eyesight.
- Numbness or tingling.
- Low blood cell counts have happened with Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox). If blood cell counts get very low, this can lead to bleeding problems, infections, or anemia. Call your doctor right away if you have signs of infection like fever, chills, or sore throat; any unexplained bruising or bleeding; or if you feel very tired or weak.
What are some other side effects of Lumoxiti?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
How do I store and/or throw out Lumoxiti?
- If you need to store Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox) at home, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist about how to store it.
Consumer information use
- If your symptoms or health problems do not get better or if they become worse, call your doctor.
- Do not share your drugs with others and do not take anyone else's drugs.
- Keep all drugs in a safe place. Keep all drugs out of the reach of children and pets.
- This medicine comes with an extra patient fact sheet called a Medication Guide. Read it with care. Read it again each time Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox) is refilled. If you have any questions about Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox), please talk with the doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
More about Lumoxiti (moxetumomab pasudotox)
- Side Effects
- During Pregnancy
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Pricing & Coupons
- En Español
- Drug class: miscellaneous antineoplastics
- FDA Approval History