The originating document has been archived. We cannot confirm the completeness, accuracy and currency of the content.
Acid Jelly gel
Generic Name: acetic acid (a-SEE-tik)
Brand Name: Acid Jelly
Acid Jelly gel is used for:
Restoring and maintaining normal vaginal acidity.
Acid Jelly gel is a buffered vaginal acid jelly. It works by maintaining the pH (acidity) in the vagina through its buffer action.
Do NOT use Acid Jelly gel if:
- you are allergic to any ingredient in Acid Jelly gel
Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.
Before using Acid Jelly gel:
Some medical conditions may interact with Acid Jelly gel. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have any medical conditions, especially if any of the following apply to you:
- if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding
- if you are taking any prescription or nonprescription medicine, herbal preparation, or dietary supplement
- if you have allergies to medicines, foods, or other substances
Some MEDICINES MAY INTERACT with Acid Jelly gel. However, no specific interactions with Acid Jelly gel are known at this time.
This may not be a complete list of all interactions that may occur. Ask your health care provider if Acid Jelly gel may interact with other medicines that you take. Check with your health care provider before you start, stop, or change the dose of any medicine.
How to use Acid Jelly gel:
Use Acid Jelly gel as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
- Acid Jelly gel comes with an additional patient information. Read it carefully and reread it each time you get Acid Jelly gel refilled.
- For vaginal use only. Avoid contact with eyes, eyelids, acutely inflamed skin, or raw, oozing skin. If eye contact occurs, flush with water immediately.
- Remove cap from tube. Reverse cap and place puncture tip onto tube. Push cap firmly until tube end is punctured.
- Screw applicator onto tube end. Hold tube end with attached applicator up. Squeeze tube from bottom until medication fills applicator. Remove applicator from tube.
- Lie on your back with knees drawn up. Hold filled applicator by barrel and gently insert it into the vagina as far as it will go comfortably. Press plunger and deposit material. While keeping plunger depressed, remove the applicator from vagina.
- After each use, pull applicator apart and wash with soap and warm water. An applicator that is not clean may not function properly.
- If you miss a dose of Acid Jelly gel, use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Acid Jelly gel.
Important safety information:
- Acid Jelly gel may be harmful if swallowed. If you or someone you know may have taken Acid Jelly gel by mouth, contact your local poison control center or emergency room immediately.
- LAB TESTS, such as monitoring vaginal toxicity, may be performed to monitor your progress. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.
- PREGNANCY and BREAST-FEEDING: It is unknown if Acid Jelly gel causes harm to the fetus. If you become pregnant, discuss with your doctor the benefits and risks of using Acid Jelly gel during pregnancy. It is unknown if Acid Jelly gel is excreted in breast milk. If you are or will be breast-feeding while you are using Acid Jelly gel, check with your doctor or pharmacist to discuss the risks to your baby.
Possible side effects of Acid Jelly gel:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue).
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, contact your health care provider. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects. To report side effects to the appropriate agency, please read the Guide to Reporting Problems to FDA.
If OVERDOSE is suspected:
Contact 1-800-222-1222 (the American Association of Poison Control Centers), your local poison control center, or emergency room immediately.Proper storage of Acid Jelly gel:
Store Acid Jelly gel at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15 and 30 degrees C). Store away from heat, moisture, and light. Do not store in the bathroom. Keep Acid Jelly gel out of the reach of children and away from pets.
- If you have any questions about Acid Jelly gel, please talk with your doctor, pharmacist, or other health care provider.
- Acid Jelly gel is to be used only by the patient for whom it is prescribed. Do not share it with other people.
- If your symptoms do not improve or if they become worse, check with your doctor.
- Check with your pharmacist about how to dispose of unused medicine.
This information should not be used to decide whether or not to take Acid Jelly gel or any other medicine. Only your health care provider has the knowledge and training to decide which medicines are right for you. This information does not endorse any medicine as safe, effective, or approved for treating any patient or health condition. This is only a brief summary of general information about Acid Jelly gel. It does NOT include all information about the possible uses, directions, warnings, precautions, interactions, adverse effects, or risks that may apply to Acid Jelly gel. This information is not specific medical advice and does not replace information you receive from your health care provider. You must talk with your healthcare provider for complete information about the risks and benefits of using Acid Jelly gel.
Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.