Can you take tylenol 500 mg and ibuprofen 200 mg together?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Acetaminophen Vs ibuprofen: What's the difference?

kaismama 6 Jan 2015

Yes you can

jaminhealth 6 Jan 2015

What would be the benefit of taking both together?

babyloveme 8 May 2015

Tylenol for Pain Ibuprofen for Inflammation

pamee 7 Jan 2015

Yes you can take them together. What I do is stagger them, where I take tylenol for one dose then when it's time to take another I take ibuprofen. Taking them both together helps better for pain.

sementec 23 Mar 2015

Taking Tylenol 500mg with ibuprofen 200mg is fine to as they are metabolized differently. They have lowered the max dosage of total tylenol taken in a day to 3000mg and the ibuprofen total daily dosage when taken by prescription to 3200mg. If you have any specific other questions regarding any medical questions please ask.

Pollyhicks 13 Nov 2016

What about ibuprofen 600mil and tylenol 500mil together will that be ok

RLC2017 4 Jan 2017

I am a 33 year old woman and have been hit with a pretty awful case of tonsillitis. I have been prescribed antibiotics and am at my third dose. I have been taking 500gr acetaminophen (every 8 hours) scattered with and 400gr ibuprophen (every 8 hours)(so one of either every 4 hours or so) for pain and inflammation but I am still in pretty horrible pain. I can't eat anything and am even having trouble drinking liquids. Would it be ok to up the dosage? What would you recommend? Thank you!

SHEsevEN4 3 Apr 2015

Yes.

lighthouselady 8 Feb 2017

You need to be aware that NSAIDs can cause Kidney Disease and should not be taken long term. I found this out when I was diagnosed Stage 3 and had taken an NSAID for over 10 years to alleviate arthritis pain.

Srr1111 4 Mar 2017

They are safe to combine, but you should be careful about how frequently you take any NSAIDs as they can cause ulcers in the stomach or GI tract, amongst other negative side effects.