Can you use flagyl for an ear infection?

Anonymous

No, flagyl (metronidazole) will not help you.

Please click on the link:

https://www.drugs.com/enc/ear-infection-acute.html

"Amoxicillin is commonly the first choice. Other antibiotics that may be given are azithromycin or clarithromycin, cefdinir, cefuroxime, cefpodoxime, amoxicillin clavulanate (Augmentin), clindamycin, or ceftriaxone."

I suggest you see an Otolaryngologist ( ear, nose and throat specialist ).

Take care,

masso.-

Flagyl might not be the best antibiotic for an ear infection. It won't cover the bacteria that normally cause ear infections. Please see a doctor.

Kristen84 5 Dec 2012

Thanks to you both. I've been to the doctor, z pack did not work & I'm having bad reactions to Bactrim. There's really no pain just alot of pressure & can't hear.

Anonymous 6 Dec 2012

I wish you a prompt recovery, and you are welcome.