Can you drink alcohol while taking Eliquis?

sylviesays 31 Jul 2013

Since I just started Eliquis myself I talked to 2 different pharmacies and asked the same question. I have a glass of wine nightly prior to dinner. I was told it was not wise to drink daily as it may increase side effects. However, drinking on occasion should be fine. I still enjoy my glass of wine but limit how often. I have found taking Eliquis with a large glass of water or taking with food helps to minimize stomach upsets. Take care.

Oldrodder 24 May 2017

I want know if I can drink 4to 5 beers

dallend63 27 Jun 2017

OTC pain relievers while taking Eliquis are pretty much limited to acetaminophen (Tylenol). Tylenol and alcohol DO NOT mix. I've read that it may take a week for alcohol or tylenol to be completely metabolized by the liver, so think about giving up one or the other. Be aware that acetaminophen is in many OTC products.

Westcoaster53 19 Aug 2017

I am 6 months post heart attack with a subsequent blood clot and have been on Eliquis for 6 months. I drink a glass of wine or a beer about 5 times a week. No distilled spirits. I have had no problems or side effects. Could I have more? Probably, but I may go off the drug soon and start a daily aspirin. Then I would have a bit more and even the hard stuff again. Live your life but moderation is good too!

Michael Rogers 23 Sep 2017

You may drink two drinks a day. I wouldn't do it everyday personally.