Can you drink alcohol while taking Eliquis?

sylviesays 31 Jul 2013

Since I just started Eliquis myself I talked to 2 different pharmacies and asked the same question. I have a glass of wine nightly prior to dinner. I was told it was not wise to drink daily as it may increase side effects. However, drinking on occasion should be fine. I still enjoy my glass of wine but limit how often. I have found taking Eliquis with a large glass of water or taking with food helps to minimize stomach upsets. Take care.

Oldrodder 24 May 2017

I want know if I can drink 4to 5 beers

dallend63 27 Jun 2017

OTC pain relievers while taking Eliquis are pretty much limited to acetaminophen (Tylenol). Tylenol and alcohol DO NOT mix. I've read that it may take a week for alcohol or tylenol to be completely metabolized by the liver, so think about giving up one or the other. Be aware that acetaminophen is in many OTC products.