Will nuvigil show up as amphitamine in a drug test?

lynnette10 14 Dec 2009

No it will not. I recently had a drug test myself and as long as the lab is aware of what you are taking (nuvigil) it will be fine. My test came out fine. I was also concerned. I hope this helps

MATTM01 17 Oct 2011
InquiringMind411 30 Oct 2011

It's not an amphetamine and therefore won't show up as one.

Janiegirl 8 Dec 2016

Yes, I have to take yearly drug tests and it has always shown as an amphetamine, however, I take 250 mg per day. My Dr. always asks what medications I'm taking when he gets the results, (he never remembers), I tell him about the Nuvigil and he says that is why. As long as you have a prescription you will be fine.

alisalisa 25 Aug 2017

NuVigil could absolutely show up on urinalysis. It is a Schedule IV Controlled Substance, along with Adipex (aka phentermine which is an amphetamine) as well as, alprazolam (aka xanax) and which, of course, falls into the class of benzos. It is a stimulant, and is used to provide wakefulness for ppl like myself who do shift work and is also effective in treating sleep apnea (which also applies to me)as well as, narcolepsy.
Source: i work in the medical field and more importantly, my doctor who prescribed this medication to me, says so himself. As long as you have a prescription, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Simply present your script