Will mupirocin help cold sores?

Marvell 16 Sep 2009

Mupirocin is an antibacterial so it won't work on cold sores, which is a viral infection.

bsmorre 17 Jan 2012

For what its worth i had a cold sore the size of a dime last week and after 4 days of mupirocin it almost completely vanished. I have never got rid of a cold sore so quickly.

Gibbsak12 26 May 2017

My son had a cold sore before and they lnp gave him mupirocin for it and after a few days it went away. But I just started getting one today and I haven't seen a medical professional 'yet' but I am wondering if i can also use the ointment that we still have left for myself. The sore is still under the skin so I am not sure.

Gibbsak12 26 May 2017

cccj228 15 Jan 2017

Mupirocin dried my cold sore up in a few days , better than Abreva...

Karma14 24 Apr 2017

I swear by this stuff! I have suffered with cold sores my whole life! I get it very bad and it can sometimes break out all over my face. My doctor gave me this about 4 years ago and I have used this ever since! Abreva has nothing on this stuff! 3 days and it's like it was never there! It will never fully allow it to break out if you get it right away!