Why flomax 30 min. after meal, and not 1 or 2 hours after?

suzanne66 31 Jul 2011

Food will slow down the rate at which Flomax is absorbed.

If you have your meal and swallow the tablet half an hour later hopefully you are less likely to eat for a while and therefore increase the rate at which the Flomax is absorbed.

If you wait for 1 to 2 hours after eating to take the tablet it is more likely that you will be hungry soon after, eat, and then slow down the rate at which the Flomax is absorbed.

Hope this is clear!!

fsheff 10 days ago

Once I have reached the maintenance level of Flomax/Tamslosin, what difference does it make whether or not the new dose is absorbed rapidly or slowly? Seems to me the 24-hour schedule and the length of time to establish maintenance level implies a considerable window for dosing.

I see no one answered the question about "How much time before I can eat again?" Any new advice in that regard?

SCG77 19 Jun 2017

That doesn't make sense to me though because your meal wouldn't have digested within half an hour so it would be almost the same as taking the Flomax with a meal. Am I wrong?