What time of day should Lisinopril be taken if prescribed to take 1 tablet daily?

suzanne66 8 Jul 2009

It doesn't matter too much what time of day you take the Lisinopril but it is a good idea to take it at the same time every day ie. at 24 hour intervals. If you are just starting treatment with Lisinopril it is probably a good idea to take the tablets in the evening with a meal to reduce side-effects. It is worth knowing that when first starting lisinopril it can lower the blood-pressure significantly and you need to be careful when getting out of bed or off the couch etc ie. get up slowly to avoid dizziness.

bennie9898 8 Dec 2010

Dr OZ spoke about this in November 2010. He said to take blood pressurre meds at night

1210ok 3 Aug 2011

I was given Lisinopril in an EA at 12 noon and I feel poorly for a few hours after I take it how can I change it to evening. By the comments made here it sounds wiser.

Molly54 3 May 2013

I'm greatly concerned about the chance of rapid weight gain and bloating. Who out there has experienced this side effect?

Allen Miller 12 Nov 2013

This is a very thoughtful, and logical comment. Thank you suzanne66. Allen

ZLS0324 6 Mar 2014

Since there is a caution about taking lisinopril and driving I take my pill at night at bedtime. I had a horrible dry cough for several weeks when beginning this drug but the cough seems to have subsided, thank goodness.