Which is better, sulindac or ibuprofen ? I hurt my lower back , might just be a bad pull or strain?

kaismama 22 Apr 2015

Probably the sulindac

here4helpN2help 22 Apr 2015

TYVM for response . Do you know if I can take both? Not at the same time but spaced out from 1 another

ahyperdoc 3 Feb 2017

Sulindac is a much stronger NSAID than is ibuprofen, and thus one would expect to get better pain control from the former. However, strong NSAIDS--in this case sulindac--tend to have lower safety profiles, IE, more side-effects; adverse reactions and as a result, more contraindications. GI bleeding/ulcers and cardiovascular problems such as myocardial infarction [MI] (aka, heart attack) and stroke are the more serious, and possibly life threatening complications associated with sulindac and related drugs. This makes its usage controversial and the decision on whether or not to choose it as a therapy quite subjective. We doctors will often use the "risk vs benefit ratio" to make decisions on the best drug for a given patient. Basically it compares the level of risk for adverse events with how great the benefit(s) are of taking a drug; having a procedure/surgery or any other medical intervention.

Inactive 8 Aug 2018

If you are talking about powerful, Sulindac is better. Yet if you are concerned about side effects, then Ibuprofen is much safer. Sulindac has a lot of side effects. Some clients on my caseload encountered weakness, blood stools, coughing blood...