I was in the ER last night because I accidentally ingested peanut butter. (I'm highly allergic)

My symptoms weren't too severe, and my oxygen levels were normal. They did not see a need to use an Epi pen, but they did give me 60 mg of prednisone along with Pepcid and Benadryl.

After being discharged, the nurse said to take the prednisone 40 mg for a few days but if you feel better you don't have to take it. The thing is, I don't want to take it anymore because I feel better, but I heard you should always taper off prednisone even if it's a one time thing?

It was 60mg, one dose. So I'm not sure what to do. I'd rather not take any more of it but I don't want to suffer an consequences for not tapering. Let me know. Thank you.