Can I take a sleep aid while on lexapro?

Delila 6 Apr 2015

Hi, i have done a search on combining Lexapro with Nytol (Diphenhydramine), which is one of the most popular OTC Sleep aids, read the results via this following link: https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1013-565,896-468 I also ran a check between Lexapro and one of the more common prescription medication - Zopiclone, and the same results came up...

Delila 6 Apr 2015

Sorry, i just thought, apparently it is safe to combine Lexapro with Melatonin. To be extra safe i would check with your doctor or pharmacist also...

jumpingjacks 6 Apr 2015

My psychiatrist encouraged me to take melatonin while I was on Lexapro. I was pleased that she recommended an innocuous drug instead of writing a prescription for another psychtropic.

Delila 7 Apr 2015

Yes, Melatonin should have been the first medication i thought of! I have taken it also with great results!

sunontheice 7 Apr 2015

I take Lunesta. Ask your doctor.