I am taking amoxicillin for 10 days for a strep throat I had. I know that I am supposed to wait a week after taking antibiotics to regain protection from my birth control, but what if the week after my antibiotic course is finished, I am taking my placebo week of pills? Will I still be protected against pregnancy? Or should I start the first week of a new pack after my antibiotics are finished and skip my period?
Am I protected during placebo week of birth control directly after taking antibiotics?
- 18 May 2015 by imalwaysparanoid
- 18 May 2015
- birth control, amoxicillin, pregnancy, strep throat, antibiotic, antibiotics, throat, protection, birth control pills, placebo
- Amoxicillin Information for Consumers
- Amoxicillin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amoxicillin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 22 Apr 2011 • 1 answer
Posted 10 Jul 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 8 Sep 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 13 Nov 2015 • 2 answers
Posted 5 May 2016 • 1 answer