I am taking amoxicillin for 10 days for a strep throat I had. I know that I am supposed to wait a week after taking antibiotics to regain protection from my birth control, but what if the week after my antibiotic course is finished, I am taking my placebo week of pills? Will I still be protected against pregnancy? Or should I start the first week of a new pack after my antibiotics are finished and skip my period?
Am I protected during placebo week of birth control directly after taking antibiotics?
- 18 May 2015 by imalwaysparanoid
- 18 May 2015
- birth control, amoxicillin, pregnancy, strep throat, antibiotic, antibiotics, throat, protection, birth control pills, placebo
- Amoxicillin Information for Consumers
- Amoxicillin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amoxicillin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Will taking antibiotics decrease the efficacy of my birth control taken prior to starting antibioti?
Posted 13 Jun 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 31 Oct 2014 • 1 answer
Posted 25 May 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 11 Jun 2015 • 2 answers
Posted 7 Sep 2016 • 1 answerFAQ by Drugs.com