I am taking amoxicillin for 10 days for a strep throat I had. I know that I am supposed to wait a week after taking antibiotics to regain protection from my birth control, but what if the week after my antibiotic course is finished, I am taking my placebo week of pills? Will I still be protected against pregnancy? Or should I start the first week of a new pack after my antibiotics are finished and skip my period?
Am I protected during placebo week of birth control directly after taking antibiotics?
- 18 May 2015 by imalwaysparanoid
- 18 May 2015
- birth control, amoxicillin, pregnancy, strep throat, antibiotics, throat, protection, birth control pills, placebo
Then you still wait a week until you've taken a week of active tablets. I'd probably do the second options and just start the next pack, but you still need to wait that week.
- Amoxicillin Information for Consumers
- Amoxicillin Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Amoxicillin (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.