I am on the pill. I take it religiously every day at the same time. My boyfriend and I also use condoms, so I’m aware that my chances are extremely low but I have been peeing more than normal which makes me paranoid! I’m sure I’m just paranoid and it’s nothing to worry about but I’m supposed to start tomorrow and I am so nervous. help calm my nerves so that I can sleep:) thank you
Birth control pills are 99.7% effective. Since you have been taking it consistently st the same time every day, your chance of being pregnant is at 0.3%. Plus, having a secondary form of contraceptive by using condoms adjunct to your pills, would really put you at an extremely low chance of getting pregnant, as you made mention.
Some of the possible reasons as to why you have an increased frequency in urination are as follows:
1. You might have increased your fluid intake.
2. You’re accidentally loading up on diuretics.
- Drinks like coffee, soda, and tea can act as diuretics, meaning they may boost your peeing frequency. Also, some birth control pills contain drospirenone, a kind of hormone that may cause diuresis.
3. You have a urinary tract infection (UTI).
- Women are more prone to acquiring UTI and one of its signs is frequent urination.
So, chill! I don't think you could be pregnant. And if in the case your period doesn't immediately start tomorrow as it's supposed to, don't fret. Menstruation can sometimes be delayed for a few days if your stress levels have risen (since you have been having extreme nervousness from this occurrence). =D
Hope you're now calm enough to have a good night's rest. Sleep well! =)
Did you notice any brown discharge? We received some a week after taking Plan B, which was day after unprotected sex (day 8). Really looking for insight or chance to have discussion with experienced @LousArk
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.