I take morphine sulfate 15 mg er for chronic pain. how much over 12 hours do I get?

DzooBaby 15 Jan 2013

Each tablet has a total of 15mg of morphine. Depending on what kind of long acting system you have, it will release a total of 15mg. Morphine Sulfate ER and MSContin last about 8-12 hours, Avinza can last for 20-24 hours and Kadian also last about 8-12 hours so it depends on which long acting system you have and also on how fast you metabolize the drug.

Anonymous 15 Jan 2013

Thanks. I'm a member from the past, jmike10. Just recently joined again.

DzooBaby 16 Jan 2013

Welcome back! :)

c_rapps 7 Feb 2013

If 15 mg works for you that's great! I have never had morphine last for 12 hours. Usually about 8 so I have to take it 3 times a day.

Anonymous 7 Feb 2013

At the start of taking the morphine I was getting relief, about six hours. Now I get 4 hours of relief. He kept on oxycodone 15 mg for breakthrough pain. Between the two meds my pain level went from 8 to four. The quality of life has improved. I could still use more help but, this is the best I've felt in a long time.