How many 2mg valium is equivalent to a 1mg XANAX?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Valium vs Xanax: What's the difference?

Anonymous 1 Nov 2012

Hello VanessaHardy. Valium is a long acting Benzodiazepine. Xanax is a short acting Benzodiazepine. I would put the equation that 1mg valium is equal to 1mg Xanax. Regards pledge

dawhoda 5 Apr 2015

Sorry it's not even close to equivalent to xanax buddy

Venice365 6 Nov 2016

This answer is crazy. 1 mg of Xanax is almost 20 times stronger than 1 mg of Valium!

pamee 1 Nov 2012

Hello Vanessa,

10 mg Valium is = to 0.5 mg Xanax.

Kind regards... pamee

pamee 1 Nov 2012

I would put a link for the equal values of all benzos, but drugs.com wouldn't allow it, so I sent the above about it.

pamee 1 Nov 2012

Pledge is correct about valium being longer acting than xanax. Actually for long term use valium is better to use, and xanax for quick relief every once in awhile.

cwake19 2 Nov 2012

10 (TEN) 2mg Valium pills would be equivalent to a 1mg Xanax pill

10mg Valium = 0.5mg Xanax, therefore
(2mg Valium = 0.1mg Xanax) x (10) = 20mg Valium = 1mg Xanax

Ten 2mg Valium tablets equal a 1mg XANAX.

Hope this helps.

sokolikova 15 Oct 2016

do you have some benzos for sale?

Shumacka 7 Sep 2017

Hey thanks for this information

Slowery12 15 Jun 2013

I took xanax for almost 15 years and I came off of them last year... My therapists and doctors told me that valium have a shorter life span then xanax... I am now taking valium instead of xanax...

pamee 5 Apr 2015

I don't know if you made a mistake in your post saying valium has a shorter life span than xanax, but it's the other way around and if your doctor's told you that then they are wrong as valium has a much longer half life than xanax. Xanax is a short acting benzo. You're doctor probably switched you to valium, because it last much longer ... Good day!

john_prev767 31 Jan 2017

Each mg of both xanax and Valium are as equal as the other! 1mg of diazepam is the same as any other 1mf name brand drug (or any other of the same derivative of the benzo family) ... The only difference is the length at which the drug is continuously effective in your system! If u have 1 mg of Valium it is the equivalent of 1 mg of xanax.. 2 mg of xanax is the equivalent to 2 mg of Valium.. Etc... So on and so forth! Valium stays in ur system and affects ur body, brain, and human functions for double the time ((give or take)) that xanax does!!! I know this from being prescribed to the both of them on separate occasions concurrently one after the other.. I went 1mg xanax to 2 mg xanax then was switched after two years of continuous and daily use of the benzo to 2 mg of valium used with the same directions as the xanax directions.

KillGrave 20 Feb 2017

There is a non-benzo medicine called Atarax. It has an off label use for anxiety. It is non-addictive and some people have had some success with it who are prone to substance abuse, or just came off of benzo's and don't want to go back on them. The only drawback is most people can become very drowsy when they first start using it. Unfortunately it does not work for everyone but may be worth a try for those who do not want to do down or back down the benzo road.

JL316 19 Mar 2017

No no no no not even close

rmh1128 29 Jun 2017

I am not sure what the equivalent dosage is but I do know xanax is a hell of lot more powerful on a mg per mg basis. Valium can come in 10mg pills and if you were to ever take 10mg of xanax it would be bad!!!

gtrsteve 29 Aug 2017

3 - 4 valiums 2mg = 1mg XANAX

It's actually 15mg of valium = 1mg xanax